The Smiths music prominently featured in Transformers' spinoff Bumblebee film (out Dec. 21, 2018)

@RogueCheddar / Twitter:

#Bumblebee is TOTALLY an 80s movie in the BEST way possible. Has major Spielberg and John Hughes vibes. There's like 4 running Breakfast Club gags and @HaileeSteinfeld (who is great) spends half the movie trying to make Bumblebee appreciate The Smiths. Holy crap I loved that.

45263_bumblebee_tweets.jpg

Twitter reactions and reviews have revealed that The Smiths are the main character's favorite band, and Bumblebee (the car) cant stand Morrissey's voice, even possibly going as far to say "f*** Morrissey".

However, by the end of the film, Bumblebee has been won over by The Smiths.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
After doing a little more digging, he doesnt say f*** Morrissey, the bit at the end of this teaser is actually The Smiths in the film, not Rick Astley.

bumblebee,antman and the wasp,mid 90s,the more you ignore me,and here was me thinking Morrissey was a washed up has been,popular as ever and long may it continue.

bumblebee,antman and the wasp,mid 90s,the more you ignore me,and here was me thinking Morrissey was a washed up has been,popular as ever and long may it continue.

Putting these songs in these children’s movies is great for all! ya know get them converted while they’re still young, the ‘cult’ will grow larger and larger with every generation!

Long after we’re all gone...

Morrissey will live on FOREVER!!!

:rock::guitar::cool: ;)

Last edited:
When were you diagnosed with autism?

Putting these songs in these children’s movies is great for all! ya know get them converted while they’re still young, the ‘cult’ will grow larger and larger with every generation!

Long after we’re all gone...

Morrissey will live on FOREVER!!!

:rock::guitar::cool: ;)

Bumblebee never said “f*** morrissey.” The whole point of the movie was he didn’t have a voice he couldn’t say anything. He spit out a Smiths tape and a Rick Astley tape because he had to use the radio to communicate. This tweet is bullshit.

I saw the movie last night too. The character was very cool. I wish I had a Hailee Steinfeld-esque girlfriend at that age...

Whenever a new blockbuster is released, the youtube comments roll in on songs played in said blockbuster.

If you'd like to give the best Smiths songs some free and quick promotion, go to the videos below, and sort the comments by Newest First, and thumbs up the New Fun Sandwich comments. A lot of the people going to these youtube videos are young western people not at all familiar with The Smiths or non-westerners who've never even heard of them before now.

Please thumbs up my comments so they discover the best The Smiths have to offer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom