The Smiths not inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in 2015

world doesn't need that kind of rock'n'roll hall of fame where green day enters before the smiths!!!!it's complete nonsense!

Now...now...let's not be too quick to judge. I am not a big Green Day fan, but their impact on punk/rock music was/is enormous...their third album Dookie was a huge hit in America and breathed new life into the whole music scene at least here in America. A three piece band like Rush, they are all very talented musicians in their own right.

Also, I just watched an HBO special of the staging of the Broadway play based on their album American Idiot, and found it quite interesting and entertaining. I would recommend it to anyone who even has a passing interest in the band. I don't foresee a Smith's Broadway play in the works anytime soon. Not that it really means anything other than the popularity of Green Day's music must be substantial enough to create a successful Broadway play around it, and I am sure some of this might have found its way into their placement in the Hall of Fame. I am also happy Joan Jett and her band made it in as well. It is nice to see a rocker chick installed along with the boys.

Life isn't always fair. I am sure their time will come. Fingers crossed that when it does the guys can at least take the stage together to accept the award that they each so richly deserve.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom