The subreddit "indieheads" [731,000 members] has banned all Morrissey content

https://www.reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/c6lrkf/mod_post_a_statement_from_the_moderators_of/

We are a community that celebrates new music, but we also love and respect the bands of the past that made the indie genre what it is today. The Smiths are a part of that legacy, and because of that, we have allowed content to be posted to the subreddit about Morrissey. As of this post, we will no longer be allowing news, music or any content directly pertaining to Morrissey and his solo career. This change will not effect any news pertaining to The Smiths (reissues, etc.) or any other members of the band. Any other adjacent posts pertaining to Morrissey are subject to moderator approval.

We pride ourselves on being an open and safe space to discuss music. That’s why headlines like “Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party and claims 'everyone prefers their own race'” don’t sit well with us. Morrissey has made it very apparent that he is, in fact, a racist, as he continues to not only share his bigoted thoughts but also show support by wearing a pin supporting an anti-Islam political party with a button over his heart on television and during his Broadway residency. We do not want to publicize him any longer- and he will no longer be given a platform on our subreddit.

This rule is not to ignore his hateful actions, but to take away his audience, even if it is just a small part of it. Thank you for your understanding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Followed by this first moderator comment]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to ask us anything about this decision for any clarification you may need. Any other comments past the original statement reflect each moderator’s personal opinions.

This was something that has been building for a while, and quite frankly, I’d had enough. No one is perfect, but also, we have never had someone that we allow posts about speak such vile words on a consistent basis. This is not a point we wanted to get to and I hope we don’t get to it again.

You see, posts like this is why they are banning Morrissey content on that sub.
It's not because of posts like mine that he's banned it's because he refuses to be bullied by the left and so must be made to pay. I dare say they would love to destroy his livelihood if they could.

A notable difference between Catholicism and Islam is that Catholicism was defanged long ago. The reason being the New Testament is understood and accepted to have been written by men so therefore open to interpretation but the Qu'ran was passed down to Mohammad by Allah via the Archangel Gabriel and therefore cannot be changed, any attempt to change it is seen as heresy. That's why it is and always will be stuck in the 7th century. No reform in Islam is allowed; it is the same now as it always has been. That's the reason why groups such as ISIS can kill non-Muslims with impunity. They're simply adhering to what Allah prescribed as the proper way to conduct oneself in times of war. The west has a problem understanding this unfortunately.

The west understands this perfectly well - they also understand that millions of muslims across the world don't take a fundamental view of islam, they choose to live their lives with others of different or no religion, they live and integrate with communities all around the world. That's because muslims are just people as well and have the ability to make choices for themselves. :thumb:

Let’s all go back to 2003 and make different choices regarding the Iraq War. Then maybe we can complain about the current state of things. A lot of ppl who “didn’t like” Islam back then thought it was a good idea to bomb them to pieces.

The west understands this perfectly well - they also understand that millions of muslims across the world don't take a fundamental view of islam, they choose to live their lives with others of different or no religion, they live and integrate with communities all around the world. That's because muslims are just people as well and have the ability to make choices for themselves. :thumb:
I'm afraid the apologist position is untenable. The west is still very much under the impression Islam is like any other religion when it is anything but. Just as individuals on the left may be wonderful people they still support ideas-whether directly or indirectly-which are antithetical to the freedoms that we enjoy in the west and which our ancestors fought and died for defending over the centuries. Ideas such as the separation of church and state, the freedom to speak freely on subjects without fear are fast disappearing in Europe. This is Islamisation taking place and the west acts as if there's nothing to be concerned about if only people would stop criticising Islam and causing problems. It's this laissez-faire attitude which in the end will lead to conflict. Unfortunately we won't understand what freedom really is until it's gone. There again by that time we'll probably all be wearing VR goggles and won't care anyway.

It's not because of posts like mine that he's banned it's because he refuses to be bullied by the left and so must be made to pay. I dare say they would love to destroy his livelihood if they could.

What's that got to do with music though? It's all political garbage which is not going to be sorted out on a music forum. It's all people yelling at each other. Nothing to do with the joy of music.

Millions more Muslims absolutely do take fundamental views on Islam. The ideology does not mix with western values. They are socially and culturally different and often have no wish to assimilate . Plus demographic issues are part of the immigration issue

What's that got to do with music though? It's all political garbage which is not going to be sorted out on a music forum. It's all people yelling at each other. Nothing to do with the joy of music.
This thread's heading should at least give you some idea why.

Millions more Muslims absolutely do take fundamental views on Islam. The ideology does not mix with western values. They are socially and culturally different and often have no wish to assimilate . Plus demographic issues are part of the immigration issue

Hmm. I think you could say the same about many other religions and yet they tend to adjust or relax their values to live and work in other countries. Do you honestly think that a UK muslim who lives and works and has a family in the UK would be accepted with open arms by another muslim who holds a fundamental viewpoint? The real danger are people who see muslims rather than people.

I'm afraid the apologist position is untenable. The west is still very much under the impression Islam is like any other religion when it is anything but.

OK, thanks for telling me that my viewpoint is incorrect. I'm glad you did otherwise I may have continued believing that an opinion is a personal thing. ;)

Hmm. I think you could say the same about many other religions and yet they tend to adjust or relax their values to live and work in other countries. Do you honestly think that a UK muslim who lives and works and has a family in the UK would be accepted with open arms by another muslim who holds a fundamental viewpoint? The real danger are people who see muslims rather than people.

No , the real danger is mass immigration and accepting nonsense. There are many fundamentalist Muslims in UK as well as more moderate(or whatever you would call it) But the bigger picture is the demographics. I have no problem with a few muzzies, heck they were the ones standing up for the kids when the schools were pushing transgender stuff in the UK, but that's why they have their own countries and we have our own. Mass immigration is subversion.

You're right. Being anti Islam does not make him racist. It makes him a bigot. And the lyric "life is hard enough when you belong here" makes him anti-immigrant. I could go on for a long time about the things he's said and done that make it worse, but people here are in denial and there's no point. But I support his right to hate, as I support my right to never buy another record of his.

Morrissey has already made the blasphemous music video where he forgives Jesus, while dressed in appropriate religious garb. Why didn’t we boycott him then for precious “religious bigotry”?

But this raises a good point — he was hating on Christians unevenly. Now he should forgive Mohamed, dressed in a turban (or burka if you’d like). I’m sure the religion of peace will be fine with it. :paranoid:

Regarding immigration, the context is that citizens who disagree with open-borders/mass immigration policy are under no obligation to just accept it. It’s not unethical to preserve your country’s culture.

We should improve struggling cultures in their places of origin. But we don’t know how because it’s such a shit-show. So we blame poor old Morrissey and boycott his lackluster albums when he suggests practicality and realism. :lbf:

You can't say the same about other religions as other religions don't condone the killing of non-believers. Other religions also recognise a separation between church and state whilst Islam does not. Practising Muslims are stuck in the time when the Qu'ran and Hadiths were written down whereas other religions have moved on. There's a very simple reason for that, can you guess what it is?

"... Morrissey has made it very apparent that he is, in fact, a racist, ..."
:lol::lol:

now i see our domestic, wandering troll is not alone in this world.

he has at least ONE like one-minded internet-buddy with seriously damaged logical reasoning.

i've never visited that place in my life, all i know it partly belongs to serena williams's husband. could he be that dumb like his moderator? :confused: i'm a bit sad now, 'cause i love her :( she made bad choice :(

Serena Williams poses for Essence magazine cover... as tennis champion says 'freedom means standing up and not being afraid to say "Hear my voice"'

oho-ho

reddit clerks should consider words of this extraordinary woman.

You can't say the same about other religions as other religions don't condone the killing of non-believers. Other religions also recognise a separation between church and state whilst Islam does not. Practising Muslims are stuck in the time when the Qu'ran and Hadiths were written down whereas other religions have moved on. There's a very simple reason for that, can you guess what it is?

You're doing it again - not all muslims are fundamental muslims despite what you think. There are practising muslims living in Croatia that you wouldn't even recognise as muslim.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom