The Wedding Present/Cinerama

CharlieFairhead

Loweringthetonesince1974
No active thread so i thought it was only right.
Below are the first confirmed live dates for The Wedding Present for 2010. The band's major label debut album 'Bizarro' will be played live in its entirety as part of the set.
UK dates TBC later.
APRIL [The USA, Canada & Croatia]
1 : San Diego CA, USA - Casbah
2 : Los Angeles CA, USA - Troubadour
5 : Austin TX, USA - Emo's
7 : Atlanta GA - Earl with The Jet Age
9 : Washington DC, USA - Black Cat with The Jet Age
10 : Hoboken NJ, USA - Maxwell's with The Jet Age
11 : New York City NY, USA - Bowery Ballroom
12 : Cambridge MA, USA - Middle East Downstairs
14 : Toronto ON, Canada - Horseshoe Tavern
15 : Pontiac MI, USA - The Pike Room at The Crofoot
16 : Chicago IL, USA - Double Door
17 : Minneapolis MN, USA - 400 Bar
20 : Vancouver BC, Canada - To be confirmed
21 : Seattle WA, USA - Crocodile
22 : Portland OR, USA - Doug Fir Lounge
24 : San Francisco CA, USA - Independent
30 : Zagreb, Croatia - Theatre &TD
Also,
The Wedding Present are pleased to announce that they will be headlining the first ever 'Deer Shed' Music & Arts Festival here in the UK. This event takes place in Baldersby Park, near the village of Topcliffe in Yorkshire, England, on Saturday 17 July 2010. This family-friendly festival is described as 'one day and night of the best in contemporary music and art' set in beautiful North Yorkshire parkland. Further information can be obtained from the festival web site : www.deershedfestival.com

The month after this, 'At The Edge Of The Sea' - the one-day indoor festival curated by David Gedge and headlined by The Wedding Present - will return this year on Saturday 28 August. The event will once again take place between 3PM and 10PM at the historic 'Concorde 2' venue which is situated on the seafront at Brighton, on the usually sunny [we are buried in snow at the moment!] south coast of England.

http://www.scopitones.co.uk/

Last edited:
Oh I missed them last time around, and I won't be around this time. :(
I'm grateful when bands can work my city in around those obligatory L.A. dates.

A couple of UK dates announced before Deershed and ATEOTS.

16th July @ Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton
26th August @ Picturdrome, Holmfirth

see you all there and some of you in the states

Damn
I shall be in the UK when they are in the States and the States when they are in the UK:mad:

Like the venue for Wolverhampton - The Slade Rooms:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Damn
I shall be in the UK when they are in the States and the States when they are in the UK:mad:

Like the venue for Wolverhampton - The Slade Rooms:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Sods law, that said they'll be announcing quite few more UK dates for late 2010 if that helps, probably not.

Ooh! The Doug Fir! That is the perfect venue for a show like The Wedding Present. Was lucky enough to catch British Sea Power there a few years back. Really tiny, intimate place.

Ooh! The Doug Fir! That is the perfect venue for a show like The Wedding Present. Was lucky enough to catch British Sea Power there a few years back. Really tiny, intimate place.

BSP, excellent.

Anyone at Blackpool gig they played a year or so ago. Really strange they sell out Manchester academy but could have only been 200 here.Strange gig loved it.

Sods law, that said they'll be announcing quite few more UK dates for late 2010 if that helps, probably not.

There will be - dont worry JJ we'll drag you there to see them.

Was great last time - wish I could make it this time.

Anyone at Blackpool gig they played a year or so ago. Really strange they sell out Manchester academy but could have only been 200 here.Strange gig loved it.

The one at the Tower Lounge?

Were you there Sphinx? walked right up to the front line, even got David Gedge's set list. I felt a bit sorry for them really i always remember them selling out good sized venues yet this was nothing like sold out, David was signing stuff at the merch stand before the gig, just seemed a bit sad really. I have to admit i loved it. Having being the first time i'd seen them in years.

Back
Top Bottom