The Wedding Present Complete Collection

billybu69

Subscriber
I received The Wedding Present Re-issue of George Best yesterday, and i'm thrilled by it's quality. If only Moz could re-issuue like this, 3 cd's of live recordings from correct era demo's or rare tracks plus a DVD of promotional material from the correct period, in a hardback book format. It's great the only thing is they've done all of their back catalogue, so i've just done £110 in, bit sick really, but I could'nt help myself. the bundle comes with 2 7" ep's signed by Gedge. Might let the missus put it away for christmas won't feel so guilty.

http://www.myplaydirect.com/the-wed...87-1996-complete-collection/details/30342159?

I've had all the cds pre-ordered through Amazon UK for what seems like a year now due to all the delays and ended up cancelling. Then the other day I saw that they were shipping the bundle directly to America so I ordered it through Scopitones. Glad I did cause its now all sold out through them. Didn't really cost any more then Amazon and you get the signed 7 inch singles.

Gedge is a really good dude from the times I've met him so I'm glad these finally got out. The track listing is a little disappointing since some of the live stuff is repeats from the cassette tape series and Peel sessions but whatever.

I've had all the cds pre-ordered through Amazon UK for what seems like a year now due to all the delays and ended up cancelling. Then the other day I saw that they were shipping the bundle directly to America so I ordered it through Scopitones. Glad I did cause its now all sold out through them. Didn't really cost any more then Amazon and you get the signed 7 inch singles.

Gedge is a really good dude from the times I've met him so I'm glad these finally got out. The track listing is a little disappointing since some of the live stuff is repeats from the cassette tape series and Peel sessions but whatever.

This was always going to be an issue, they seem to have released a lot of live discs.

Sure..I think they stalled on releasing them trying to sort out clearing rights to recordings he did not have or have the rights to release without a negotiation.
This was always going to be an issue, they seem to have released a lot of live discs.

Last edited:
Very interesting interview. I wished there had more more discussion of Seasmonsters; my personal favorite.

David always addressed The Wedding Present as A band instead of HIS band. I would love to hear some more discussion about that considering that the line-up is every changing.
I would also have liked the interviewer to ask him about the TOTP appearance for California when he wore the James mock SH I RT t-shirt. Never knew if that was all in fun, or a diss.

I'm really disappointed they won't be touring Watusi in America. I've seen George Best, Bizarro (twice), Seamonsters (twice) and The Hit Parade all played in their entirety.
They toured THP and GB two years ago in the Winter time and there was a big snowstorm the night they played THP at Maxwells in Hoboken. I knew if we didn't go, I'd never get the chance again so we soldiered on in the snow and it was great.

1385691_10151665429412078_18074933_n.jpg

Very interesting interview. I wished there had more more discussion of Seasmonsters; my personal favorite.

David always addressed The Wedding Present as A band instead of HIS band. I would love to hear some more discussion about that considering that the line-up is every changing.
I would also have liked the interviewer to ask him about the TOTP appearance for California when he wore the James mock SH I RT t-shirt. Never knew if that was all in fun, or a diss.

I'm really disappointed they won't be touring Watusi in America. I've seen George Best, Bizarro (twice), Seamonsters (twice) and The Hit Parade all played in their entirety.
They toured THP and GB two years ago in the Winter time and there was a big snowstorm the night they played THP at Maxwells in Hoboken. I knew if we didn't go, I'd never get the chance again so we soldiered on in the snow and it was great.

View attachment 33237

I used to be a regular at twp gigs that fizzled away with the cinerama years, but the weirdest gig I ever attended was the Blackpool Tower Lounge in 2008, they'd played sell at shows in Manchester (my home town) for a few years before it, so I was surprised to find 200 people max at Blackpool they played a blistering set and I stood front stage right in front of Gedge all through it. Two people away from a chap I later recognised as a member of the Chameleons, (remember them?). David Gedge spent a good half hour before the show at the merch stand, I remember feeling this a bit desperate/sad, but he was affable and signed stuff for everyone.

The last album I have of there's is Hit Parade, this and all previous releases are on vinyl so I'm looking forward to a format I can play again having no record player. George Best this week reminded me what I was missing by not having playable copies, and helped the decision to purchase the set.Thinking about I've got to be the perfect target for this release. very much looking forward to hearing the later albums as I've never heard any from Watutsi on.

mine came in the mail yesterday complete with the signed 7 inches..just beautiful :clap:
View attachment 33271

Well mine hasn't I emailed on Tuesday because it hadn't been dispatched even. received a reply last night to say they didn't no why the warehouse hadn't sent it they'll check not feeling hopeful think they may have all gone and I've missed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to play those vinyls? Let us know what they're like.

Received an email tonight they finally dispatched so panic over don't know what happened but it's on it's way now.

Received an email tonight they finally dispatched so panic over don't know what happened but it's on it's way now.

That's good news! Even though I have a lot of it, I'm glad it's now part of my collection. The Tommy dvd is utter ridiculous.

It's landed and it's great take an age to get through, watched tommy dvd, the only really rediculous thing was Gedge dancing on At The Edge Of The Sea.

Back
Top Bottom