Morrissey Central "The World Will Listen" (April 22, 2021)

The Armond White article appears to stem from Jesse's tweet earlier:

Screenshot_20210422-025604~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
Related Tweets by Jesse - April 22/23, 2021

Screenshot_20210423-192248~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-035909~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-0400522.png

Click here to see all tweets.

His link leads to this National Review article by Armond White

(Added because it hasn't been posted yet and the "news.yahoo" preview (🙄) in his tweet is misleading)
Well there's a surprise

Well there's a surprise

As opposed to something like - oh, I don't know, The Guardian? - being strongly biased towards liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation, perhaps?

You know as well as anyone on here that Armond White is a law unto himself, a Morrissey nut whose opinions are all over the place: sometimes crazy (as in his reading of "Panic" there) and sometimes spot-on. As in this part of the article:

"One Simpsons actor apologized to the nation of India for the portrayal of the Apu character, yet the show’s producers have never apologized for the Reverend Lovejoy and Ned Flanders characters that trash Christianity."

What a hilariously awful article. The whataboutery of criticising Cumberbatch for having been associated with Harvey Weinstein is particularly hoot-inducing.
I know, I mean at the very least they could have mentioned Morrissey's support for Kevin Spacey (and indeed Harvey Weinstein) and his exploitation of young movie-world wannabes. That would have made for a balanced article.

As opposed to something like - oh, I don't know, The Guardian? - being strongly biased towards liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation, perhaps?

You know as well as anyone on here that Armond White is a law unto himself, a Morrissey nut whose opinions are all over the place: sometimes crazy (as in his reading of "Panic" there) and sometimes spot-on. As in this part of the article:

"One Simpsons actor apologized to the nation of India for the portrayal of the Apu character, yet the show’s producers have never apologized for the Reverend Lovejoy and Ned Flanders characters that trash Christianity."

I remember in his review of Low In High School (I think), he argued that Morrissey often challenges social conventions in his lyrics (which is true) and the example he chose to underline his point was You're The One For Me, Fatty of all songs :lbf:

I know, I mean at the very least they could have mentioned Morrissey's support for Kevin Spacey (and indeed Harvey Weinstein) and his exploitation of young movie-world wannabes. That would have made for a balanced article.

Wasn't Morrissey playing devil's advocate when he commented on those two?

I remember in his review of Low In High School (I think), he argued that Morrissey often challenges social conventions in his lyrics (which is true) and the example he chose to underline his point was You're The One For Me, Fatty of all songs :lbf:
Yes, he's pretty much unhinged, but a wonderful writer too. (In many ways a perfect critic for Morrissey...)

Morrissey has NOT shown support for Harvey Weinstein he has probably never met him and he wasn't friends with him. What he was criticising was how #Me Too operated and what their agenda was in Hollywood.

Yes, he's pretty much unhinged, but a wonderful writer too. (In many ways a perfect critic for Morrissey...)

Certainly from Morrissey's perspective (black, gay, contrarian, controversial etc.).

Completely unhelpful for changing his image.

But nice to see he's probably not crawled off & died.

You know just as well as I do who made this post (most likely) as it's obvious from their social media. Also, I think they've shared every article Armond White wrote about him over the last couple of years.

Note that they didn't repost the Post Millenial article this time nor Fiona's piece (or ... you know, the other thing we don't mention...).

You know just as well as I do who made this post (most likely) as it's obvious from their social media. Also, I think they've shared every article Armond White wrote about him over the last couple of years.

Note that they didn't repost the Post Millenial article this time nor Fiona's piece (or ... you know, the other thing we don't mention...).

Yeah.

The Simpsons creators will just smirk at that - they were right, he's with the deplorables now - & that's not his politics at all.

Edit - I'm still sick with terror about that video. He may as well leave LA forever if they repost that.

Yeah.

The Simpsons creators will just smirk at that - they were right, he's with the deplorables now - & that's not his politics at all.

Just because I'm curious and haven't watched the episode: Is it true that, contrary to the writer's statement, they didn't incorporate any of Robert Smith's and Ian Curtis' traits into the Quilloughby character? Because that part seemed fishy to me from the beginning, as it was obvious from the promotion that he wasn't supposed to be 'generic gloomy 80s indie singer' but seemed to be based solely on Morrissey...

Last edited:
Just because I'm curious and haven't watched the episode: Is it true that, contrary to the writer's statement, they didn't incorporate any of Robert Smith's and Ian Curtis's traits into the Quilloughby character? Because that part seemed fishy to me from the beginning, as it was obvious from the promotion that he wasn't supposed to be 'generic gloomy 80s indie singer' but seemed to be based solely on Morrissey...

It's 100% Morrissey. And they confirmed it on their grotesquely cruel & smug live tweets.

I cancelled the Simpletons ten years ago. It became a milked dried cow. Money must have mattered to them to keep milking it. 🐮🐮🐮

LOL at Jesse having a locked twitter account.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom