Morrissey Central "The World Will Listen" (April 22, 2021)

The Armond White article appears to stem from Jesse's tweet earlier:

Screenshot_20210422-025604~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
Related Tweets by Jesse - April 22/23, 2021

Screenshot_20210423-192248~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-035909~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-0400522.png

Click here to see all tweets.

I'm pretty sure Morrissey cares.

And if you read the comments on this very forum more carefully you will find that some people are unable to differentiate whether he's obese or not, and care enough to repeatedly criticise him for his 'bloated', 'whale-like' appearance.
It's almost like they've never seen an actual obese person. Or a whale.

Not that it would be okay to insult him if he actually were obese. But for some reason the same people seem to think the fact that Morrissey has a history of commenting on people's weight in an unflattering way makes it somehow acceptable for them to do the same to him...?

Edit: If the last quarter of Autobiography is any indication he's been struggling with his body image for some time (he always has, but more so as he got older) and I don't find it surprising if the weight aspect was the thing that hurt him the most about the episode).
Maybe he cares, but it's hard to believe that he felt that it was the worst false accusation he received.

Say hello to lighthouse work please...
she needs our love and support right now .... 😀😀😀😀
A kiss and cuddle would never go a miss
why dont you ask that disinterested person you're harassing if she thinks it's cool to use the word 'chink'?

why dont you ask that disinterested person you're harassing if she thinks it's cool to use the word 'chink'?
Fool

What now ... tramp
You have annoyed me ....

What!!!!!

Tobias is clearly not happy that he wasn't even mentionned in the episode. But TBH no one will remember him.

Moan, moan, f***ing moan. He should shut up.

Has he forgotten how Morrissey himself described Julie Burchill and Gail Shea? Is criticism only valid when it's against his paymaster?

And why focus on this particular aspect, I wonder? Why focus on how those satirists were meanies, when they said a whole load of other stuff too?

Last edited:

Has he forgotten how Morrissey himself described Julie Burchill and Gail Shea? Is criticism only valid when it's against his paymaster?

And why focus on this particular aspect, I wonder? Why focus on how those satirists were meanies, when they said a whole load of other stuff too?
give this a gander.

Van Morrison in The Times today (the subject is lockdown):

“If I can write about it, I do. Poetic licence, freedom of speech . . . these used to be OK. Why not now? I don’t understand it. Some people call it a cult. It is like a religion. Whether anyone agrees with me or not is irrelevant. Just as there should be freedom of the press, there should be freedom of speech, and at the minute it feels like that is not in the framework. If you do songs that are an expression of freedom of speech you get a very negative reaction.”
A world without freedom of speech would have been spared Van Irrelevant's terrible f***ing pandemic conspiracy songs. That's cancellation- a world where the material is scrubbed from existence and never heard. Morrissey should realize the same thing. Just because nobody wants his music anymore doesn't mean he's "cancelled" it just means people don't give a shit about supporting him with their hard earned money anymore. Freedom of speech combined with freedom of reach isn't dead just because people have opinions on your miserable anachronistic grumblings.

It's given it wider attention. I've got some actor friends in LA & the shock that he's a racist is now as much a topic of conversation in their arts scene as it was here when everyone was getting hysterical.
Do you cover their shifts at the Buffalo Wild Wings while they audition?

:kissingheart:

Morrissey signed CDs to Peter (v).jpg

Moan moan moan

which Is what you’re doing. On here, a forum for a singer you hate. Why do you come here?
Ill tell you why. Because you have no other audience. No friends. Nothing.

“thinking of doing a T-shirt” - anyone 😁😁😁
“Ill email Simon Goddard to see if I can use his design” 🤫🤫
Pathetic. Cringeworthy.

how was the Vicar Street gig again?
Oh, you didn’t go, did you? You felt so important you’d get thrown out. 🥱😴😁

Allow me to "weigh" in. Doesn't Morrissey watch the concert videos posted on youtube? He is clearly overweight. I cringe when he takes his shirt off and throws it into the crowd. He's been pretty fat for quite a few years now. I agree with others that he should be way more concerned about being portrayed as an ardent racist.

Last edited:
I think that's why they did it. To show he'd changed so much he was now throwing meat at his audience.
Yes. It is called irony. Simpsons pointing out how absurd and unheard of that a gay, extremely sensitive, poetic, and liberal man having morphed into what we see now. An uncaring, ultra conservative xenophobe. It would have been more likely to see him becoming a meat eater.

Yes. It is called irony. Simpsons pointing out how absurd and unheard of that a gay, extremely sensitive, poetic, and liberal man having morphed into what we see now. An uncaring, ultra conservative xenophobe. It would have been more likely to see him becoming a meat eater.

He hasn't morphed into that - the irony is The Simpsons getting their information from Twitter & clickbait & going after someone still extremely caring, sensitive & liberal to make themselves look better after they got accused of racism.

He hasn't morphed into that - the irony is The Simpsons getting their information from Twitter & clickbait & going after someone still extremely caring, sensitive & liberal to make themselves look better after they got accused of racism.
Living in denial must suck. The Simpsons NEVER got accused of racism. Hank Azaria felt he needed to apologize--unprompted, about a character he voiced. He did not need to apologize for anything, it is called comedy! Satire! There is nothing funny about Morrissey's ignorance and xenophobia. I hope he gets discriminated against based on his sexual orientation so he can feel what it's like.

Living in denial must suck. The Simpsons NEVER got accused of racism. Hank Azaria felt he needed to apologize--unprompted, about a character he voiced. He did not need to apologize for anything, it is called comedy! Satire! There is nothing funny about Morrissey's ignorance and xenophobia. I hope he gets discriminated against based on his sexual orientation so he can feel what it's like.

You should try doing some research, you're displaying quite a lot of ignorance & bigotry in that post.

You should try doing some research, you're displaying quite a lot of ignorance & bigotry in that post.

Anyone wearing a For Britain badge on tv is probably a racist, unfortunately at this point there have been enough instances where its not really a question with him anymore.

Anyone wearing a For Britain badge on tv is probably a racist, unfortunately at this point there have been enough instances where its not really a question with him anymore.

If you researched & didn't go by your own prejudices, you'd know you were wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom