Thelma Houston - "I Don’t Believe Morrissey Is Racist" - Pitchfork, Stereogum

Original quote from Pitchfork article:

Morrissey Announces New Album I Am Not a Dog on a Chain, Shares Song

Excerpt:

...When Morrissey announced his last album, California Son, with a slate of guests, some said they had been unaware of his far-right politics. When reached for comment, a representative for Thelma Houston sent Pitchfork the following quote from the singer:

I don’t believe Morrissey is racist. And I got involved with this track because I’ve known about his music for quite some time. Back in 2012, I was collaborating with an artist named Gabe Noel, and he suggested we try some covers. And when he mentioned a Morrissey song called ‘Suedehead,’ as soon as I heard ‘it was a good lay’ lyric - I laughed and was like… Ok let’s cut it!

Thelma Houston Joins Morrissey On New Single, Says “I Don’t Believe Morrissey Is Racist” - Stereogum

Morrissey isn't racist. We all know he isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not.....but frankly there isnt a better country......its funny people talk crap about America until there are knee high in shit.....then they need are help and guess what. ...we help anyways.....I dont see any other country firemen helping the fires in Australia just 1 example saving countless people and keeping specific animals from extinction.....so maybe you might want to rethink that statement.....just look back in history .....chap
You don’t see firefighters from any other countries but the US?

You don’t see because you’re wilfully f***ing blind.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-australia-51024904

Stereogum pitchfork =

FAIL !!!

:laughing: :p

They thought they could pull Thelma over to the dark side of their failing force!

But, ....

oh no.

BELONGS to

MOZ !!!

:thumb:

:cool:

This is bad publicity. Had she not replied, they would have anything to fill an article.
Morrissey's press agent and hers should have thought of this and advised her from the beginning that was she contacted by the media, it was better to not reply.

Anyway, this is not what one can call good promotion !!!

Mo money, mo money, here we go! Hey, Hoooo, Heeey, Hooooo...
I am so 90s.

I had to Google that one, but with lyrics perfect for a Moz cover:

I'm keepin' my heart open, and hopin' you won't stab me in it
'Cause I've been in love before, and when I had to pay I didn't
I'll lose my sanity, tryin' to measure your intentions
What do you want from me?
How much will it be?

Livin' in the USA, Thelma has a good judgement on what racism really is.
Workin' all them years in the music biz, she also knows what a great artist is.

I had to Google that one, but with lyrics perfect for a Moz cover:

I'm keepin' my heart open, and hopin' you won't stab me in it
'Cause I've been in love before, and when I had to pay I didn't
I'll lose my sanity, tryin' to measure your intentions
What do you want from me?
How much will it be?
Lovely, Honey-Pie.

Maybe not.....but frankly there isnt a better country......its funny people talk crap about America until there are knee high in shit.....then they need are help and guess what. ...we help anyways.....I dont see any other country firemen helping the fires in Australia just 1 example saving countless people and keeping specific animals from extinction.....so maybe you might want to rethink that statement.....just look back in history .....chap

Sure. Look at the “great help” in the Middle East, Mexico, Central and South America, Puerto Rico. Just to name a few.

When Morrissey starts doing volunteer work with asylum seekers, maybe then one can say he isn’t racist. Until that day....
I see that something be has voted your latest contribution as 'funny'. I guess it takes all sorts...

Looking at the moronic stupidity level of your previous posts, I suspect that you were being serious.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom