These Charming Men, Button Factory, Dublin, 27 June

G

goinghome

The band These Charming Men are now regular, and as ever welcome, fixtures in stalwart venues around Ireland, including Cork, Belfast, Galway, and beyond.

They're back in Dublin on Saturday 27th June in the Button Factory, helping us keep the faith with their superb interpretations of the music of The Smiths and Morrissey, as we wait to hear news from the Morrissey camp of a date in Dublin later in the year. :thumb:

Details here: - http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/profile.php?ID=1950

Boo, hiss! Bad timing ahoy, I won't even be in the country. :(

They're back in Dublin on Saturday 27th June in the Button Factory, helping us keep the faith with their superb interpretations of the music of The Smiths and Morrissey, as we wait to hear news from the Morrissey camp of a date in Dublin later in the year. :thumb:

Come Back To Crumlin...:thumb:

Damnation und blast. Mrs F is away, so I can't make it. It would be good timing too, with Bryanair and such, not too expensive a night.

Hey ho, have a great night.

Peter

I might go. Will there be tickets left the same day or do you have to buy them in advance?

Hi, yes there will be tickets sold at the box office of The Button Factory on the evening,from 7pm. hope this helps.
Many thanks Goinghome for posting this here,see you Sat. :thumb:

All set for Sat. :)

How about arranging for someone to hit you with a flower or something and throwing a strop like Moz occasionally does?! No? :eek:
Fair enough, just being silly. :squiffy:
To oscillating wildly :guitar::guitar::guitar:

Special Offer!

These Charming Men

The Button Factory, Dublin

Sat 27 June 2009 7.30pm

Good news for all fans of The Smiths and Morrissey brought to you by Tickets.ie!

With our exclusive offer, in conjunction with The Button Factory, you can buy two tickets to These Charming Men tribute band for only 20 euro.

That's a total saving of 12 euro on the normal ticket price!

If you want to avail of this special offer, you please click this link:

https://www.tickets.ie/secure/booking1.aspx?event=93F7L

Now that's REAL value for money!

Thanks Spicer for letting us know. :D

(Sung 'Billy -') Jeanne was an unusual early treat, remarkable for vocals and for the subtle nod to a recently departed pop icon.

Young Craig Cannon - Murphy, the 5th Smith (son of one of the guitarist brothers) did good!!

The audience was asked in Mancunian accent if they were having a good time at which someone noisily dropped a glass - reminding me of the Ouija Board video!

Bunches of flowers bedecked the stage to be eventually shared out. The set-list was from all eras - Frankly Mr Shankly, Why Don't you Find Out for Yourself, The More You Ignore Me, Irish Blood.., ..Paris, and many others.

Excellent as always. Bravo!

I was meant to go but I met some acquaintances on the way and I don't know how I ended up at the post gay parade party in the street :eek: :D

Hope I can see them next time.

*BUMP*

Th' Lads are playing in Cork in Cyprus avenue tonight.Just in case anyone is here on their holidays and fancies a good night out.:thumb:

My friend, who accompanied me to the last TCM gig at the Button Factory, and I were admiring a bunch of gladioli the other day, joking that we could wear them in our back pocket. We recalled that the band had left a big bunch of flowers on the stage that night but a more common variety, chrysanthemums I think. My friend quipped: "Ah, they must have been the tribute flowers." :guffaw:

My friend, who accompanied me to the last TCM gig at the Button Factory, and I were admiring a bunch of gladioli the other day, joking that we could wear them in our back pocket. We recalled that the band had left a big bunch of flowers on the stage that night but a more common variety, chrysanthemums I think. My friend quipped: "Ah, they must have been the tribute flowers." :guffaw:

:lbf: that's a good one. Local newspaper here has said that Morrissey himself has given These Charming Men his seal of approval with a quote along the lines of "I'm very impressed and incredibly flattered by what they do." I did not know this. I knew he was also impressed with Sweet and Tender Hooligans. Nice to see he takes an interest in tribute acts.

Back
Top Bottom