THink about it "M" people

His not coming to Canada is the most hypocritical thing he has done. If he didn't agree with the Iraq war (hypothetically), he would still never boycott the US because that would be career suicide. He just picks on Canada, because he can still get by without us.

I agree he shouldn't do Canada.

He said he wouldn't and he has stuck to it. It's called having principles.

Lots of fans have to travel long distances.Does he play Chile? or Cuba? or anywhere else you can think?

Save up your pennies or dollars and fly, book a hotel and wait eagerly for him to croak a few notes and leave the stage early to collapse in a flu like state.:rolleyes:...like the rest of us!!

Nothing has been accomplished by Morrissey not touring Canada in regards to the seal hunt. The only ones who have taken notice are moz fans.

My biggest problem with his boycott of my country is that it is selective. There are 5 countries that participate in the seal hunt: Morrissey still plays two of them: three dates in Russia and one in Norway. While some make the argument that the Canadian seal hunt is the largest of the 5-in 2007, the Canadian Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) set the "total allowable catch" of harp seals at 270,000 per year. This number is, by comparison, smaller than the average number of animals killed for pelts on European fur farms every week. It simply doesn't make sense to just ignore our country and expect that to make a difference, and it certainly doesn't make sense to make exceptions with other countries.

Canada's biggest market for seal pelts is Norway. Not playing Oslo on June 20th would create more of an impact in my mind, considering norway participates in the hunt themselves, and fuels the demand for the canadian hunt.

But like I've said, playing a concert with the seal hunt as motive would create awareness to those who don't realize what's taking place. Press would report. Imagine in order to obtain a ticket you had to write a letter to the government voicing your disgust with the hunt?

really people, Morrissey cancels plenty of gigs for one reason or another :eek:
just pretend he was gonna do a gig in canada and did not show up :straightface:
at least Morrissey aint touring your tiny(in population) country for some "noble reason"
i mean Kiwis love Morrissey(those that know who he is), the planet, and they dont kill seals here!
but when is the last time Morrissey toured here?
just think about it, Morrissey does not tour a lot of places, because really, he cannot be bothered, its as simple as that :o

Re: No Canadian shows because...

If you really want Morrissey to start touring your country again, then write your lawmakers about how much you hate the seal hunt, create and pass around petitions, stage protests and boycotts, etc. You, as a Canadian citizen, have much more power over this than I do, as an American citizen. You have the power to bring Morrissey back. I suggest that you exercise it.

I could care less if the new "fat Elvis" Mozzer and his weak band tour Canada. His record sales will show that other people agree with me. He's becoming a f***ing cartoon. I am entitled to choose my own causes and I'm entitled to spend my hard earned dollars as I choose as well. I do thank you for your enlightened input though!

...and this bit?...

"You, as a Canadian citizen, have much more power over this than I do, as an American citizen. You have the power to bring Morrissey back. I suggest that you exercise it." - proves that you're basically an ignorant sack of shit where politics and due process are concerned, so I'd suggest you clam up. :D

I don't find fair for him not visiting Canada and I also feel sorry for his fans.....and why? because they club seals? Petty, petty reason, it wasn't his fans who done it..... so why play in America? They killed millions of people, invaded countries for oil and I bet there are far worse things happening to animals in the US than in Canada, right?! I'm a fan but Morrissey pisses me off with his double standards and unprofessionalism, see Coachella and cancelled shows. Again, I'm a fan but I don't always have to be on his side.

*Edit* I've been a vegan for 15 years and not because of Morrissey. But me and other Vegans/ vegetarians agree that meat smells great and to have a hissy fit because of the smell, when he was supposed to do his job...yes, Coachella and any other concert is considered a JOB, not fair on the fans (and apparently he loves them, right?)

People have to realize that will always be meat eaters and to quote an old Fugazi song....

"Never mind what's been selling, it's what you're buying..."

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as to say Morrissey had a "hissy fit" on stage. He expressed his feelings and at one point walked off stage and came back on shortly after. I actually really liked what he said. You don't usually hear more well known or famous people say things like that. And he isn't a robot that has to live up to some specific standard that everyone holds him to. If it's a job like you say it is, then it's a job that he can choose to quit anytime he likes or go about it anyway he wants, whether we really like it or not.

I also find it hypocritical that he would play the U.S. and not Canada. I wouldn't say that the clubbing of seals is much different than fur farming practices here or other places I'm sure he plays. But at the same time every vegan/vegetarian/human being is hypocritical. You've been vegan for fifteen years. That's awesome. I've been vegan for four. But I still drive in cars and ride bikes that have tires that use animal products in the production. I watch movies that use gelatin in the film. There are times where I probably eat vegetables that were grown on an industrial farm where many animals were killed. I may be going out on a limb here, but I bet you do as well. It's not about purity, but doing what makes the most sense and is reasonable. It is almost completely impossible to remove ourselves from this system that is so entrenched in the exploitation of animals, human and non human. We can't really do everything all at once. If this means that Morrissey decides to boycott Canada because he feels very strongly about the seal hunting that goes on there, then that's his thing. It sucks that he doesn't hold the same standard for other places, but does anyone? No one's perfect. Canada just seems to be more in the spotlight with seal hunting in comparison to other places such as in Europe.

wankyone I agree with you.

His boycott of his fans does nowt for seals. He tours the USA constantly and it's government commits attrocities against humans all the time and if it's animals you want unharmed why not boycott the whole planet because of the meat industry? Couldn't he organise the ticket proceeds to go to helping the seals?

At least you have a reason for him not touring Canada. Here in Oz we just scratch our heads as the parade floats by wondering why we aren't invited.... although admittedly we do have terrible table manners :D

I wouldn't go as far as to say Morrissey had a "hissy fit" on stage. He expressed his feelings and at one point walked off stage and came back on shortly after.

He was singing badly from the beginning and to leave the stage because of the smell of meat in my opinion that's unprofessional. He could have done what he did in the o2 festival over here, no meat was allowed to be served in the backstage and no meat was to be sold...otherwise he wouldn't play....he could have done the same in Coachella, right?

I actually really liked what he said. You don't usually hear more well known or famous people say things like that. And he isn't a robot that has to live up to some specific standard that everyone holds him to. If it's a job like you say it is, then it's a job that he can choose to quit anytime he likes or go about it anyway he wants, whether we really like it or not.

Well,even if Morrissey farted on the mic fans would applaud him.
Well, it is a job like I said...but if you quit your job you will get paid for the hours you worked....because people bought tickets before hand they won't get their money back because of his hissy fit. So it would a be a good idea to pay for tickets after the event....artist quits in the middle you pay for half ticket.

But at the same time every vegan/vegetarian/human being is hypocritical.

True. But if I smell meat at work I woudn't go home... but then again I love the smell, so...

You've been vegan for fifteen years. That's awesome.

Are you in awe beacause I've been a Vegan for 15 years? I'd understand you to be in awe if you've seen the face of God...but nevermind.

No one's perfect.

Again, you're right!

Last edited:
wankyone I agree with you.

His boycott of his fans does nowt for seals. He tours the USA constantly and it's government commits attrocities against humans all the time and if it's animals you want unharmed why not boycott the whole planet because of the meat industry? Couldn't he organise the ticket proceeds to go to helping the seals?

Good idea!

He was singing badly from the beginning and to leave the stage because of the smell of meat in my opinion that's unprofessional. He could have done what he did in the o2 festival over here, no meat was allowed to be served in the backstage and no meat was to be sold...otherwise he wouldn't play....he could have done the same in Coachella, right?
I wish he did make them not serve meat, but maybe he couldn't and still wanted to play anyways. Of course he should of been expecting it, but he did what he did. I honestly didn't find his singing horrible and I still enjoyed myself despite all the Paul McCartney fans that were laughing at me and the huge gap between the stage etc etc. I still don't think what he did was a hissy fit or whatever. But, you have your opinions, I have mine.

Well,even if Morrissey farted on the mic fans would applaud him.
Well, it is a job like I said...but if you quit your job you will get paid for the hours you worked....because people bought tickets before hand they won't get their money back because of his hissy fit. So it would a be a good idea to pay for tickets after the event....artist quits in the middle you pay for half ticket.

Hahaha. I just like when people aren't afraid to say what they feel no matter where they are. Especially if it's about something I'm passionate about. I see what you are saying about the job thing and I would have been very disappointed if he left entirely because I did only go to see him and waited around for a good amount of time. I just don't find it that unprofessional to walk off stage, compose himself, get a new shirt on, which I think he ended up throwing into the crowd. Maybe he was planning on doing that the whole time. Who knows.

True. But if I smell meat at work I woudn't go home... but then again I love the smell, so...

There are times where I can say I enjoyed the smell of meat, but there are also times where I can remember completely detesting it and it making me sick. It's not crazy to think that some people may be more effected by it than others. No big deal in my opinion.

Are you in awe beacause I've been a Vegan for 15 years? I'd understand you to be in awe if you've seen the face of God...but nevermind.

Hahahaha. I couldn't believe my eyes! My jaw immediately dropped and I quickly got to my knees to worship you over the computer screen. Please, show me how you managed to do it! How can you eat only grass and dirt for so long? I don't think I can handle it anymore...

BecauseWeMust,
I just noticed your avatar and was curious to see if you have seen the new Enjoi video, Bag of Suck. I just got it and noticed the same picture on the inside cover of the dvd case.

Please, show me how you managed to do it! How can you eat only grass and dirt for so long? I don't think I can handle it anymore...

Haha, you're so right, I can't stand it either....but I need to go easy...first fish, then chicken, then cheese and when I see that gorgeous stake in my plate I'm gonna be in awe! haha....now regarding Morrissey...I think I'm gonna have to quote Immortal Technique on this one...."If you don't like the smell of burning meat then get the f*** off the planet, I don't criticize people for eating moss..."

I like Canada. Morrissey doesn't. I can live with that...

Haha, you're so right, I can't stand it either....but I need to go easy...first fish, then chicken, then cheese and when I see that gorgeous stake in my plate I'm gonna be in awe!

You eating wooden stakes like the kind we put vampires to sleep with? :)

Back
Top Bottom