THink about it "M" people

wankyone

Once again there is no Canadian dates on the Mozz tour. I know I am beating a dead horse here; rather, I am stroking a live one. Which sounds worse? Haha. Anyways, we all know the main reason reason Morrissey doesn't tour Canada anymore. We all know his fans don't club seals; therefore, he is punishing the wrong people. He would prefer his fans in Can., what is left of them, to jump into an emission producing vehicle and drive 8 hours to the nearest venue. Yes some of us do that. Seems kinda like a bully at times, kinda like an old stubborn Brit. Reminds me of my dad or fahter inlaw, who are both 20 years his elder. Doesn't say much for him. One might think I am not a fan, but it is real easy to hate the things you love. My teenage years were spent going to Diff. Morrissey tours, and at one point I had seen none other more than M. live. He now sits around fifth or sixth. I will say this. He is becoming a thng of the past and being forgotten. He needs to get back to Canada because I can't justify putting $200.00 worth of carbon monoxide into the air. $2 bills gets me to the show and a hotel with a few m8s here in Toronto. He should use His Canadian seal hunt boycott as a platform for awareness. Make a statement.
Tell me what you think.
Peace

look i dont agree with clubbing seals but i understand his view on why he doesnt want to go to canada .. :o

I think the reason on the back of the seal thing is ... If he plays then he puts money into the canadian ecconomy , he disagrees with the govement stance so doesnt want to put money towards a govement he disagrees with. :rolleyes:

Its a shame for the fans , why not write to the govement as a group and ask them to stop, thats the only way i can see him comming to see you ;)

I wholeheartedly second what vivabob said. Think about all of the money that he and his fans would be putting into the Canadian economy if he did a huge tour of Canada. He, his crew, and his fans would stay in Canadian hotel rooms...eat at Canadian restaurants...put Canadian gasoline into tour buses and cars...etc., etc.

I believe in every person's right to boycott anything and anyone they wish. Why support, even if indirectly, something that you are thoroughly against?

Please, write to your government representatives, and tell them that you find seal hunting vile, disgraceful, abominable. You could probably even tell them that there are people (you don't have to name those people if you don't want to) who are boycotting the entire nation of Canada because of these seal hunting practices.

I for what its worth totalyy agree with moz on his reasosn not to play in canada,
shame how he doesnt apply the same principles in Spain, where they are just as cruel if not more so. (and i dont mean to seals :rolleyes:)

I would say all Morrissey fans agree that the seal cull is absolutely inhumane, disgusting, unnessesary, and cruel.

But I seem to remember a quote from Moz about how even peaceful protest does not make a difference.

There is cruelty in every counrty all over the world. Especially Canada, where Morrissey
fans are being deprived of a basic human need- Morrissey love.

Morrissey just get your pert butt over here, shower us with music and Moz love and lead us in a massive protest against this barbaric practice.

We love the seals. We love you.

p.s If you won't budge on Canada at least make your way to Northern Michigan.... it's all I can afford :tears: :tears:

Once again there is no Canadian dates on the Mozz tour. I know I am beating a dead horse here; rather, I am stroking a live one. Which sounds worse? Haha. Anyways, we all know the main reason reason Morrissey doesn't tour Canada anymore. We all know his fans don't club seals; therefore, he is punishing the wrong people. He would prefer his fans in Can., what is left of them, to jump into an emission producing vehicle and drive 8 hours to the nearest venue. Yes some of us do that. Seems kinda like a bully at times, kinda like an old stubborn Brit. Reminds me of my dad or fahter inlaw, who are both 20 years his elder. Doesn't say much for him. One might think I am not a fan, but it is real easy to hate the things you love. My teenage years were spent going to Diff. Morrissey tours, and at one point I had seen none other more than M. live. He now sits around fifth or sixth. I will say this. He is becoming a thng of the past and being forgotten. He needs to get back to Canada because I can't justify putting $200.00 worth of carbon monoxide into the air. $2 bills gets me to the show and a hotel with a few m8s here in Toronto. He should use His Canadian seal hunt boycott as a platform for awareness. Make a statement.
Tell me what you think.
Peace

then don't go.

anyway,

he's playing pittsburgh, so you may have a shot in upcoming years

Racism Re-opener?

The pre-order process discriminates against nationality and place of residence. As a Canadian, I could not pre-order tickets and am apparently not worthy to download YOR or have access to the best seats at the Buffalo show. Morrissey continues to demonstrate that he can be a dispicable human being and is selecting his audience based on their nationality. This is another example of racism to add to his long list of racist practices.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

nothing to do with racism

The pre-order process discriminates against nationality and place of residence. As a Canadian, I could not pre-order tickets and am apparently not worthy to download YOR or have access to the best seats at the Buffalo show. Morrissey continues to demonstrate that he can be a dispicable human being and is selecting his audience based on their nationality. This is another example of racism to add to his long list of racist practices.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

:confused:

Morrissey isn't entirely responsible for preorder and ticket sales arrangement.

If you don't live in the States you cannot preorder tickets as simple as that.
This is not racial discrimination.
It's entirely up to you to travel to see his shows in the States.
Tickets are still available for purchase after presale.

Last edited:
Re: nothing to do with racism

That's not the point. Sure I'm allowed to ride the bus, but I have to sit at the back.

Poor you.
I'd suggest you to remember to check the relevant sites before the tickets go on sale.

If you manage to make some friends in the States it'd be easier to ask them some help in future.

Presale does not always guarantee to sell front seats.
Some venues sell front row seats on the day of the show.

Last edited:

I believe that Morrissey is racist.
If you don't want to acknowledge that, fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

I'll have a better time at The Hold Steady gig in Buffalo the following week and I'm not too concerned about checking sites, or friends or whatever. But thanks for the advice, Oprah.

I believe that Morrissey is racist.
If you don't want to acknowledge that, fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

I'll have a better time at The Hold Steady gig in Buffalo the following week and I'm not too concerned about checking sites, or friends or whatever. But thanks for the advice, Oprah.

Can you give us the concrete evidence of Morrissey is a racist?

We have a bunch of evidence that Morrissey IS NOT A RACIST.

This is one of the discussions about the subject

Just because Morrissey keeps boycotting Canada which does not make him a racist.

Get the fact right, angry young man.

Last edited:
I for what its worth totalyy agree with moz on his reasosn not to play in canada,

That's such a ridiculous view to have. He plays in America & Britian all the time. And these are countries which have caused unrelenting havoc over the past couple of years and they have inflicted suffering and misery upon millions of people. Infact almost every country he plays in does things which he would certainly disagree with. Things that I would say are far more distressing than this whole seal issue...and that's coming from someone who is a vegeterian etc.

If you are strongly against something which a country is doing you should actually go to the bloody country. Because that means you are going to confront the issue and it allows you to convey how grotesque you may think it is to an audience (even though he is a musician). By not going to Canda, he is doing nothing. He's having no effect.

I think Morrissey is still very relevant of course. But I find his standpoint on this whole issue, abhorrent and just very very stupid.

Code:
Can you give us the concrete evidence of Morrissey is a racist?

I think that the example I cited this morning is concrete. Morrissey Inc. has discriminated against listeners' nationality and decided that a certain demographic should not be allowed to download YOR nor pre-order tickets for his shows. I'm not upset that he won't tour Canada. I'm offended that I cannot purchase concert tickets or digitial product because of my nationality.

Back
Top Bottom