This Boy's in Love - a Moz compilation for a victim of love

Bearnextdoor

hi everyone -- cupid was most unkind and sent an arrow straight through my heart... as such I wanted to make the other victim a 2 CD compilation of Moz tracks since I want to drag him to the Swords tour... I just want to hear suggestions about the track listing. I don't want to bombard him with super rare b-sides though I do have some of my faves in there. I just want him to get an overall taste of what Moz sounds like and hopefully make him a fan. Because the other boy is much older than I, I decided to play Moz's cover of Moon River for him in case he would make a connection but.. that was a complete mistake because he hated it. :(I don't think it's so bad.. Anyway, here's my comp; I welcome any suggestions for additions/changes. Oh and I tried to make it in chronological order, for no reason.. I am already thinking of deleting Our Frank, btw..

CD1
Track Name
1 Suedehead
2 Everyday Is Like Sunday
3 Interesting Drug
4 The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
5 Hairdresser On Fire
6 Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
7 Will Never Marry
8 Our Frank
9 Sing Your Life
10 November Spawned A Monster
11 Tomorrow
12 My Love Life
13 Boxers
14 Now My Heart Is Full
15 Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
16 I Am Hated For Loving
17 The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get

CD2
Track Name
1 Best Friend On The Payroll
2 Alma Matters
3 Trouble Loves Me
4 Lost
5 Now I Am I Was
6 Jack The Ripper [Live]
7 I Like You
8 The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
9 First Of The Gang To Die
10 Let Me Kiss You
11 You Have Killed Me
12 The Youngest Was The Most Loved
13 In The Future When All Is Well
14 Dear God Please Help Me (Remix)
15 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
16 Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed

Thanks in advance everyone!

If he's not a Morrissey fan, don't you think 2 cds is a bit too much ? Just a thought. Me I'd run away. ;)
If you want to seduce or keep him just maybe try the seductive tracks? ("Oh yes and which one would those be?" ask people in the background, suddenly interested... :rolleyes:)
He might not be swayed by "such a lil thing" or stories about hot hot hairdressers (I like to think not all gay boys are :D !).

Hmmm. Ah but well. Who knows. Good luck anyway.:cool:

what kind of music does he normally like: does he like more faster rocky stuff or is he into slower songs?
come back to camden
now my heart is full

i would def throw in a few b sides as they can outshine the singles(so its about showing him the best songs actually: i can have both, nobody loves us,i`d love to et etc
i also would def include smiths songs beside his solo stuff:
there are so many songs i really cant choose from
there is a light that never goes out , how soon is now are one for the songs most known...but i would include more smiths songs
bu there are so many more..just go through the lyrics
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/smiths-w.htm
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/moz-w.htm

Last edited:
Thanks both of you for your comments. You both have very valid points... This guy isn't very musical.. that is, he doesn't have a passion for any specific artist like you or I do, so it's really irrelevant.. He mentioned that he wanted to see Santana (!!!) ugh.. anyway, I wanted him to get a taste of what Morrissey is like so that's why I went for his most accessible stuff... Thinking back, I do agree that two CDs may be a bit too much.. as far as including Smiths, I really thought about this and I decided against it because I want that to be another chapter for us, I hope, I wish. Also, Morrissey is the artist we will be going to see so, I thought his solo works is what I wanted to focus on...

Back
Top Bottom