"This Charming Man" played live by Johnny Marr - 9th Dec. London

I was at this gig and Johnny played about 8 Smiths songs. And even despite inexplicably putting his guitar down during This Charming Man, every single Smiths song he played made me not want to ever see Morrissey's band butchering them any more. They were sonically superior in every conceivable way. You might miss Moz's vocals but to put any claims about his band is a joke.
Nobody but Morrissey can sing his own songs to the full potential. If you prefer Johnny Marr singing Morrissey lyrics/songs good luck to ya. To me its Moz all the way, Marr composed great music no doubt, but without the voice its just not right. Marr is a genius guitar player, Morrissey is a lyrical God with a voice which is so unique. So Morrissey wins hands down for me, but it would be so special to see them perform together again, maybe??

buy a download of :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: caterwauling gigs for the one you hate this xmas.:lbf:
send a dozen one each to skinny and his sock puppets.

DramaJ can hardly play the guitar he knows but one riff FFS.

Nobody but Morrissey can sing his own songs to the full potential. If you prefer Johnny Marr singing Morrissey lyrics/songs good luck to ya. To me its Moz all the way, Marr composed great music no doubt, but without the voice its just not right. Marr is a genius guitar player, Morrissey is a lyrical God with a voice which is so unique. So Morrissey wins hands down for me, but it would be so special to see them perform together again, maybe??

I didn't say I preferred Marr's vocals but his playing and his band make Moz's band look terrible, which is a shame. Of course, the perfect solution is them playing together but it won't happy so you have to take what you like from both.

buy a download of :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: caterwauling gigs for the one you hate this xmas.:lbf:
send a dozen one each to skinny and his sock puppets.

DramaJ can hardly play the guitar he knows but one riff FFS.

So you've come up with a shite nickname and some lame insults for Johnny Marr. I bet you're scratching your head why they're not catching on. He "can hardly play the guitar" hahahah. Do you know how clueless this makes you look? Criticisms should at least have some sort of basis in reality, even if they're exaggerated for effect . I can only assume that the moderators are your grandparents or they enjoy the comedy value of the people themselves up. But I'm more concerned that you're okay. Stay well.

Johnny has gotten himself a tremendous amount of press and good will for his performance of this song!

So you've come up with a shite nickname and some lame insults for Johnny Marr. I bet you're scratching your head why they're not catching on. He "can hardly play the guitar" hahahah. Do you know how clueless this makes you look? Criticisms should at least have some sort of basis in reality, even if they're exaggerated for effect . I can only assume that the moderators are your grandparents or they enjoy the comedy value of the people themselves up. But I'm more concerned that you're okay. Stay well.

:rolleyes:

Im more concerned to learn when DramaJ plans to do a guitar solo.:guitar:

YEP :thumb:

While obviously the two of them together were the real deal, let's see Morrissey without the music and Marr without the vocal melody+words.

Oscillate Wildly / I misses you vs any of the ''World peace'' spoken word videos.

Marr wins with KO

While obviously the two of them together were the real deal, let's see Morrissey without the music and Marr without the vocal melody+words.

Oscillate Wildly / I misses you vs any of the ''World peace'' spoken word videos.

Marr wins with KO

This is a dumb comparison. It's not like the content of the spoken word videos was his attempt at making a song. It was a stupid idea on Harvest/Capitol's part.

Marr wins with KO

:lbf:

Anyways, a whole Morrissey album of a cappella or spoken word would easily stand the test of time, while Marr’s weak solo efforts are already being forgotten.

MORRISSEY ALWAYS WINS.

:cool:

:lbf:

Anyways, a whole Morrissey album of a cappella or spoken word would easily stand the test of time, while Marr’s weak solo efforts are already being forgotten.

MORRISSEY ALWAYS WINS.

:cool:

Used to appreciate your point of view but am really starting to think you are becoming a bit of a one dimensional troll?

Last edited:

Marr wins with KO

The spoken word videos lack the vocal melody which gives emotive impact to the lyrics so that’s not a great comparison

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom