This is a long shot

But does Morrissey still accept (snail mail) fan mail?
If so, to what address?
Appreciate it

It won't happen. Sorry. I've never heard of such an enterprise being successful. But who knows? You might get lucky. Good luck.

Peter

You should write to his record label and they will pass it on... oh, hang on... bugger.

Dave

i think your best bet is to go to a concert and try to hand him a letter at least there is a good chance he will read it:)

Hello,

Take care.

My closest friend - let's call her 'Nico'. Sent a letter to Morrissey at The Troxy - this was received and read by Morrissey. So inspired by her success and response, she wrote to the Brixton venue in July, she is sure one got through.

The same happened from Birmingham up to Leeds venues, her Bournemouth letter and Salisbury letters never arrived - strikes . . . then . . . something odd was happening, someone had noticed a response and Nico noticed a missed call on her work mobile - which she had only had about three days - so no one had her number as yet . . .

So the following Monday she called the number (thinking it was work related) and a nightmare followed. It was Morrissey's pa, a voice screeched . .

'Where did you get this number?' etc etc. Shocked at such an outburst,

Nico could just about get herself heard, said she was returning the call.

Anyway, a nasty flow of violent insults came through from Ms Y - the P/A, telling, amongst other things that Morrissey never received any of her letters, the P/A revealed herself as a liar at this point - Morrissey most certainly had received some of the letters. Nico didn't tell this to the P/A - why let her know what you know? The P/A made herself look completely ridiculous.

Apologies for the story - however - now I believe Nico will never send a letter to Morrissey like this again, her privacy and letters to Morrissey violated and stolen from him.

Plan how you may see him and hand the letter to him, Nico never knew if he may read her letters or not but she never imagined someone witholding them from Morrissey, opening them and using the private contact details to get in touch!

Very best wishes to you,

I can understand wanting to send a letter of appreciation to Morrissey, but why on earth did "Nico" send a letter containing personal details such as a her phone number? As she learned, it can easily end up in the wrong hands. Not insulting your friend, just wondering. Was she hoping Morrissey would contact her?

Of course you are right Cassius, your comments show nothing but common sense & concern . . . Nico is creative and of course she left her number/s . . . but Nico would say on such events . . .

'Well . . . it's better than being boring,' :)

And she has said this before Morrissey wrote 'Crashing Bores,'

:lbf:

And anyway, we don't know if Morrissey called Nico anyway yet . . .

Of course you are right Cassius, your comments show nothing but common sense & concern . . . Nico is creative and of course she left her number/s . . . but Nico would say on such events . . .

'Well . . . it's better than being boring,' :)

And she has said this before Morrissey wrote 'Crashing Bores,'

:lbf:

And anyway, we don't know if Morrissey called Nico anyway yet . . .

Well it made for an interesting story at the very least, right? :)

Hello,

Take care.

My closest friend - let's call her 'Nico'. Sent a letter to Morrissey at The Troxy - this was received and read by Morrissey. So inspired by her success and response, she wrote to the Brixton venue in July, she is sure one got through.

The same happened from Birmingham up to Leeds venues, her Bournemouth letter and Salisbury letters never arrived - strikes . . . then . . . something odd was happening, someone had noticed a response and Nico noticed a missed call on her work mobile - which she had only had about three days - so no one had her number as yet . . .

So the following Monday she called the number (thinking it was work related) and a nightmare followed. It was Morrissey's pa, a voice screeched . .

Anyway, a nasty flow of violent insults came through from Ms Y - the P/A, telling, amongst other things that Morrissey never received any of her letters, the P/A revealed herself as a liar at this point - Morrissey most certainly had received some of the letters. Nico didn't tell this to the P/A - why let her know what you know? The P/A made herself look completely ridiculous.

Apologies for the story - however - now I believe Nico will never send a letter to Morrissey like this again, her privacy and letters to Morrissey violated and stolen from him.

Plan how you may see him and hand the letter to him, Nico never knew if he may read her letters or not but she never imagined someone witholding them from Morrissey, opening them and using the private contact details to get in touch!

Very best wishes to you,

You posted it in mainpage (Liverpool aftershow)?
Pity you posted as an anonymous.

Kewpie, re:anon - at the time was still in shock from the circumstances and was concerned about the p/a woman possibly reading such comment to this site. And horrors - her realising whom Nico was!!! By chance she was able to attend all the 'played' UK concerts - which was great and scary and upsetting all at the same time! :)

However, as her comments were inconsistent and 'untruths', I realise now there is someone I may ask about this whom is not 'behind a caged door'.

Nico continued to write for a reason, not blindly into the abyss.

Thank you for your report on Liverpool, you must have been standing for hours and hours to know what they were sound checking and Albert Dock is no warm place to stand all day.

His address is big mistery.
He doesn't live in London or LA anymore.
Until 2007 he was living in hotel from Rome, but now, I don't know where he lives.

Hello,

Take care.

Very best wishes to you,

This is really beautiful. After seeing Morrissey take a few letters from fans and putting them in his pocket I was gutted that I had not thought of doing so and I would definitely have put my contact details within it. Why would you not? You may get some luck and the man himself wants to contact.

But this story regarding the p/a is horrorfying. So this bitch is the closest thing to Moz in the work related sense? Don't p/a's spend all their time with the artist? I'm just shocked that Morrissey would have such a vile creature working for him, and a bully too. Or maybe he likes it?

Shes a well built woman ,maybe she eats the letters?

This is really beautiful. After seeing Morrissey take a few letters from fans and putting them in his pocket I was gutted that I had not thought of doing so and I would definitely have put my contact details within it. Why would you not? You may get some luck and the man himself wants to contact.

But this story regarding the p/a is horrorfying. So this bitch is the closest thing to Moz in the work related sense? Don't p/a's spend all their time with the artist? I'm just shocked that Morrissey would have such a vile creature working for him, and a bully too. Or maybe he likes it?

But this story is obviously not true - how can u make those judgements?

Jesus you people are mad!

Am afraid this 'story' is absolutely true.

I have the two telephone numbers used by the said 'P/A' as proof - how could I have these if she had not called 'Nico' personally AND how could she have NICO's numbers if she had NOT stolen & violated her letters to Morrissey?

They were not written on the outside of the envelope.

And- Nico put her surname on the back of the envelopes so that if Morrissey did think she were crazy - he didn't have to open the letters - he could just put them in the bin.

If Morrissey's P/A asked her employer where the inspiration for Nico's film & Joe Dolan's song came from, she may well get a surprise.

Am to make a formal complaint about this, Morrissey does not stand for missiles being thrown at him - thank you Morrissey - you have inspired me not to have insults and theft something Nico should have to 'put up' with either.

Maybe a message in a bottle.....:rolleyes::lbf:...soz...couldn't resist.

If Morrissey's P/A asked her employer where the inspiration for Nico's film & Joe Dolan's song came from, she may well get a surprise.

No offence but morrissey has always been a fan of the two above so it was only a matter of time before they popped up in his work, like james dean.
Im not saying your story is a lie but i dont think your friend was the inspiration. Hes probably more inspired by myth than reality.

Tags
*yup longshot
Back
Top Bottom