This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey_illustration_greetings_card_by_Ed_Clews.jpg

http://edclews.bigcartel.com/product/morrissey-illustration-greetings-card

THE HARSH TRUTH ! STEVEN THE CROONING CRANKFRAUD EXPOSED YET AGAIN (HOW MANY TIMES?)

Opinion
Dairy is scary. The public are waking up to the darkest part of farming
Chas Newkey-Burden
The photo of calves in cramped pens will shock many, and with so many non-dairy alternatives now, consumers have a choice
@AllThatChas

Thu 30 Mar 2017 09.00 BSTLast modified on Fri 31 Mar 2017 17.58 BST

Shares
Comments

‘Trading standard officers say there is no evidence of any breach of animal welfare requirements.’ Animal Equality’s photograph shows calves penned in solitary hutches at Grange Dairy in East Chaldon, Dorset. Photograph: Animal Equality/PA
Photographs of industrial rows of cramped pens, each imprisoning a solitary calf, will shock those who still believe in the fairytale of the pastoral dairy farm, where blushing maidens milk smiling cows. Welfare legislation says that calves should only be held in solitary pens until they are eight weeks old, but Animal Equality claims that the battery calves it photographed at Grange Dairy in Dorset are up to six months old – too large for their hutches– and say that some have grazes on their backs. But trading standard officers say there is no evidence of any breach of animal welfare requirements. Marks & Spencer, which sells milk from the farm, said it was “disappointed” to see the report, but it has refused to drop the supplier.

Upsetting as the story is, what happens elsewhere in the dairy industry amounts to systematic cruelty. In reality, the daily practices of most dairy farms are more distressing than those of meat production. A mother cow only produces milk when she gets pregnant. So, starting from the age of 15 months, she will usually be artificially inseminated. Farmers mechanically draw semen from a bull, and then force the female cow into a narrow trap, known as a “cattle crush”, where they will brutally impregnate her.

bellow and scream for days, wondering where her baby is. The answer depends on the gender of the calf. If male, he will probably either be shot and tossed into a bin, or sold to be raised for veal, which delays his death by just a matter of months. But if the calf is female, she will usually be prepared for her own entry into dairy production, where she will face the same cycle of hell that her mother is trapped in: forced impregnation, the theft of her baby, and a return to the cattle crush two or three months later.

For at least six months of the year, she will often be confined inside dark sheds. But a growing number of dairy farms in Britain use a “zero-grazing system” in which cows spend their entire lives indoors, in increasingly intensive structures.

Although growth hormones are banned in the UK and antibiotic use is limited, a dairy cow can be given reproductive hormones and prescribed antibiotics by a vet to ensure she is kept in a condition to produce an unnatural amount of milk. Under normal circumstances, she would generally only have a maximum of two litres of milk in her udder at any one time, but rapacious farmers may force her to carry 20 litres or more. Her udder becomes so heavy that it makes her lame and she often develops an agonising infection called mastitis. The strain this puts on her body means she is exhausted by the age of five. Soon, her milk yield will no longer be considered profitable. Or she might simply collapse under the agony of it all. Either way, she will be dragged off by a tractor, squeezed into a cramped truck, and driven to the slaughterhouse, to be killed and turned into burgers or baby food. Her throat slit after five sad and torturous years – under natural circumstances she could have lived to 25.

FacebookTwitterPinterest
‘The public is steadily waking up to the fact that the reality of milk production is not a matter of trivial imperfections.’ Photograph: Animal Equality/PA
Dairy is proving to be a vulnerable spot for the entire slaughter racket. The public is steadily waking up to the fact that the reality of milk production is not a matter of trivial imperfections, of concern only to idealist vegans, but in fact the most dark and wicked part of all farming. And delicious, non-dairy milk, cheese and dessert alternatives are now widely available, so as people learn the truth it is easy for them to ditch dairy for good. In January, Sainsbury’s reported that sales of its new own-brand vegan cheeses were 300% greater than it had anticipated.

Smaller businesses are also evolving. The Fields Beneath cafe in north London abruptly stopped offering cow’s milk last week, replacing it with vegan alternatives like oat, almond and soy milk. It posted a notice in its window, explaining that it took the move after watching the powerful five-minute YouTube video entitled Dairy Is Scary. The notice added: “We didn’t think it was either.” And Ice Shack, an ice-cream and dessert parlour in Manchester, is transforming into a fully vegan business next week.

The industry is starting to panic. David Dobbin, chairman of Dairy UK, fears a “demographic time bomb” as young people increasingly shun milk. Only 10 years ago, there were about 21,000 dairy farms in England, Scotland and Wales. Industry analysts believe there will be fewer than 5,000 left by 2026. The National Farmers Union’s dairy spokesman Michael Oakes said on Monday that the message of anti-dairy campaigners is “not going away”. He called for “positive promotion” of the industry.

They’ll have their work cut out. Even the planet’s most shameless and gifted spin doctors would find it hard to put a positive angle on the brutal reality of most dairy farms.

• This article was amended on 31 March 2017 to make clear that both hormone and antibiotic use in the UK is limited – and neither are given to dairy cows in order to directly cause the production of more milk

Steven is a Cheeseatarian CrankFraud !
Producing milk for no reason and milk for no reason is ?

MU U U U U U U URDER !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

He's been locked up for contempt of court , which he actually pleaded guilty to.
In the land of the Magna Carta, why is recording yourself on your IPhone outside a court house get you a contempt of court charge.
Is it true nobody is the world was allowed to report on this case without breaking the law?

The free thinker who thinks like a million other racists someone so free he is gay trump. Only idiots think he's a free thinker

Now we will get all those saying yes but he's won look at Twitter and the papers.
But look how is he thought of look how desperate he is.
He's f***ed it
Silly old cum bandit

:straightface:

Surface is STILL not reading my stuff, but somehow comments on every single one of them. Maybe hes slow witted, you know, missing a few:nutbolt::nutbolt: upstairs.:crazy: Skinny is very debonair has all the anons blocked:crazy: hes too busy presiding over 10 Downing Street.
Total troll insanity. Then you have G23 demanding I go find Moz and ask him stuff. LOL
She wants me to go up to Moz and punch him in the nose but to make sure I tell him if was my idea LOL:bow:

TROLL WORLD.

I dont think they realize Moz has a SELLOUT WORLD TOUR in the works, it still does not compute:laughing:

Hardly anyone responds too your posts you f***ing blurt. How can it be a sell out tour when there are tickets available?

And still tickets available for every UK gig?

Why are you worried about tickets you are 100 percent :banned:

Curtis is going to be looking out for a bald head scalawag, so if you have tix, which I doubt
as you dont have any money, sell them now on ebay.:popcorn:
(Skinny may have taken some money off the wife and given him as a form or scooby snack)

I'm not even in the mood to discuss his bullshit politics anymore, so what really jumped out at me was this-

"We don't ever rehearse, or jam, or even discuss song directions. A studio is booked and we turn up. No one knows anything until the producer presses Record. It's an edginess that usually works. I haven't ever sat together with the band, just strumming through ideas. Even the actual key is unknown until the day of recording."

It shows. It really shows. And it has shown for over ten years. Edginess. Sure. Let's call it edginess.
It is a bit weird. You'd think someone who loved music would want to collaborate and work closely with the band. Walking in and just doing the vocals is a bit cheeky. Surely the band deserves better. But maybe its what they prefer. I can start to see why other musicians have found it a difficult process with Moz.

It's an interesting point, and speaking as someone who is at this moment engaged in the 'whole miserable process' I can completely see this. My point was really about Morrissey sounding off about how marvellous his own work is, which I find jarring because I don't think it's something the artist can decide (plus it makes him sound like a bit of a knob). Unlike other more quantifiable disciplines, artists are reliant on the responses of other people to measure their success.
i know! I was reading the thread backwards and realized afterward that I had taken your post out of context, and then was worried that it would look like I was just looking for a way to turn this thread into my own personal blog :p

I was weirded out by that as well so I deleted and reposted. I honestly don't think it could hurt. If he's touching anything illicit (drugs-wise) I could see cocaine. He has the assholism and yes men that I wouldn't be surprised if he was having a little toot 74 times a day, just a mild habit, you know how it goes.

WTF? You and Pep need to slow the autism down FFS!! :crazy:
You nutty trolls are contaminating the forum itself with your jumpy and upredicatable behavior.
You all are like a uncoordinated woman basketball team, chill out.

You said you were going to eat a cow today. The whole cow. Eat Skinny and do us all a favor.:squiffy:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but when vegans crow about being vegan, and then waffle, and then put rich creamery butter all over that waffle...

:straightface:

Surface is STILL not reading my stuff, but somehow comments on every single one of them. Maybe hes slow witted, you know, missing a few:nutbolt::nutbolt: upstairs.:crazy: Skinny is very debonair has all the anons blocked:crazy: hes too busy presiding over 10 Downing Street.
Total troll insanity. Then you have G23 demanding I go find Moz and ask him stuff. LOL
She wants me to go up to Moz and punch him in the nose but to make sure I tell him if was my idea LOL:bow:

TROLL WORLD.

I dont think they realize Moz has a SELLOUT WORLD TOUR in the works, it still does not compute:laughing:

He may be carrying on as if it's not unusual, but really, he's burning down the house. It would be smart of him to go outside before he goes up with it.

[/QUOTE]I'm sorry, but when vegans crow about being vegan, and then waffle, and then put rich creamery butter all over that waffle...[/QUOTE]

Does autism produce false flashbacks?:crazy:

Did you not see that 4kin tour rider posted on here for Manchester arena ? :eek:
FFS ! You :head-smack:really :head-smack:need :head-smack:to :head-smack:catch :head-smack:up. :head-smack:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
That is not enough. Surely you see my point? A tour rider is not just for the front man. Everyone knows this. He might not be vegan, even though he sure has made plenty of comments and statements that indicate that he is, but a tour rider meant for a large number of people is certainly not undeniable proof of this.
This is symptomatic of these times. People have no interest in source criticism. It’ll be our downfall.

That is not enough. Surely you see my point? A tour rider is not just for the front man. Everyone knows this. He might not be vegan, even though he sure has made plenty of comments and statements that indicate that he is, but a tour rider meant for a large number of people is certainly not undeniable proof of this.
This is symptomatic of these times. People have no interest in source criticism. It’ll be our downfall.

What is a tour rider?

What is a tour rider?

A tour rider is a "Halal Butcher" trigger, let me just go ahead and post, so as to avoid another of his
long, torpid posts:

1 cheese wheel:grimacing:
2 wool jacket:flushed:
3 "crankfraud':kissingclosed:

jittery DORK nonsense. :straightface:

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom