This Week's NME

Dupree

Tharr she blows!
Scan of Moz from this week's NME

I don't know if it has been mentioned or not but the angry indie and emo boys and girls are discussing Morrissey's views of vivasection in this week's NME along with a nice picture of Morrissey holding a book called 'Making Good Choices' (or something, I don't have it to hand). Oh how I shrieked with delight on my lunch hour when I happened across his little face! I have to admit, it's the only real reason I buy NME these days. I'm hoping my compulsion to buy it every Wednesday morning will where off in October when I cease to be a teen.

I have to get my beauty sleep now (and oh gosh, don't I need it?) but if any one is interested in this, I'll scan it for you all tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
Hey all

Here's the scan as promised. Thanks for being patient, those of us out in the sticks are still on dial-up *sighs*, I can only dream of having broadband.

Last edited:
Re: Scan of Moz from this week's NME

The book is called "making kind choices" I think you probably can imagine what its about...Ingrid Birkman (sp?) wrote it.

Anyone notice the Brits asking for a definition of "rawk" since it does "not appear to be in the Oxford English Dictionary."

Only in Britain :)

I just got NME from the week before that one - the "Queen is dead" special because in my country it lasts quite long till it arrives here.

Now, first things first:
jesus, what a bad magazine! This is the first time I've bought it, and everything seems so terribly mixed up. Then I love our Belgian gossip papers more!

As for the article:
I've only been a fan of the Smiths/Morrissey for a few years (yes i'm young) and I really don't know the stories about the Smiths going round in the eighties. That's why I bought it, I thought that I could learn more things.
Well, I really didn't expect to read how Morrissey influences EMO (jesus, can you even call that a genre?) and a bunch of other artists. That special wasn't a special, it was just a cheap ripoff! I paid fookin' three euros for that edition! Allright, I'll put the photos eventually next to my bed, but it's a shame it really wasn't...a special.

oh and yes: the arctic monkeys were calles the smiths '06?!!!! the world's lost!

Last edited:
wolve said:
jesus, what a bad magazine!

Well its up to the normal "standard" that the NME churns out.:rolleyes:

its really fantastic that theyre on the front covers on any magazines after 20yrs

Tex said:
its really fantastic that theyre on the front covers on any magazines after 20yrs

What about Mojo magazine? They seem to have Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Hendrix and the Beatles in a constant loop on their cover.

Dupree said:
What about Mojo magazine? They seem to have Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Hendrix and the Beatles in a constant loop on their cover.

those bands are considered cornerstones of rock music, but I thinks its great in general, if the young uns can learn how great the Smiths were/are all the better

Back
Top Bottom