Thoughts on new Morrissey album

I wonder if "Action is My Middle Name" and "Scandinavia" etc. are going to be on "World Peace Is None Of Your Business"? Did he release any of the new tracks and I just missed it? I remember seeing a clips of him recording with Tony Visconti? What happened to that session? Also, any thoughts on the new producer? Oh, Stephen Street, so much to answer for..:guitar:

Re: Thoughts on new Morrissey album.

'The Kids A Looker', 'Scandanavia', 'Action is My Middle Name' and 'People are the Same Everywhere' Visconti recordings were a super-quick one day session in Dublin a few years back before a gig over the road, and should at best be regarded as demos/live runthroughs. The film of the session was released on the 'Morrissey Live 25' DVD/Blu Ray. BBC Radio session versions of three of the songs (minus 'Scandanavia') were issued as B-Sides on 'the 'Playboys' single reissue last year.

Both were very rough and ready recording sessions, so there's no reason to presume that because they've already been issued before, we won't get 'proper' studio version of some or all of them on the new album and/or attendant B Sides.

Personally I hope we get decent versions of 'Scandanavia' and 'Action', but the others are B-sides at best, and if they fall by the wayside in favour of new songs I won't miss them at all.

I wonder if "Action is My Middle Name" and "Scandinavia" etc. are going to be on "World Peace Is None Of Your Business"? Did he release any of the new tracks and I just missed it? I remember seeing a clips of him recording with Tony Visconti? What happened to that session? Also, any thoughts on the new producer? Oh, Stephen Street, so much to answer for..:guitar:

What happened to that session? It was on Canadian TV and then released later in full as an extra on the 25Live DVD.

Good session.

It's possible but kind of doubtful that either of those songs will be on the new record. Obviously there's no way to know until.

What happened to that session? It was on Canadian TV and then released later in full as an extra on the 25Live DVD.

Good session.

It's possible but kind of doubtful that either of those songs will be on the new record. Obviously there's no way to know until.

Why does it seem doubtful? It seems like exactly the sort of thing Morrissey would do.

"People Are The Same Everywhere", "Action Is My Middle Name and "The Kid's A Looker" were released officially as b-sides. So technically they are already released, but I doubt Boz and the band will have any new songs written so my guess is that they will be released on the album also. Not that I want them personally.

"People Are The Same Everywhere", "Action Is My Middle Name and "The Kid's A Looker" were released officially as b-sides. So technically they are already released, but I doubt Boz and the band will have any new songs written so my guess is that they will be released on the album also. Not that I want them personally.

I mean there is apparently two records ready to go, and the contract was for two albums. So maybe they will be split between the two, or of course they pull a Mexico and end up as b-sides.

Back
Top Bottom