THPGU single Promo Sleeve: Don't say I never give you anything...

Re: THPGU: Don't say I never give you anything...

Thank you so much for sharing :) I do not like that it is a old photo.
Although you do not really get much older than this one
playboys.gif
and I really love that cover :p

Last year before the release of I Just Want To See The Boy Happy, we had sleeve design contest:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=64649

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=64773

We should do it again?

Maybe you misunderstood, this isn't something I have mocked up. This is what they are sending out to promote the single, look closely under the title and it says 'Radio Promo' or something.

We also listened to it today in the office, and I can say it sounds a lot better than the live version we've been stuck with.

Maybe you misunderstood, this isn't something I have mocked up. This is what they are sending out to promote the single, look closely under the title and it says 'Radio Promo' or something.

We also listened to it today in the office, and I can say it sounds a lot better than the live version we've been stuck with.

Lucky you.

The sleeve design is very disappointing. :(
Come back, Jo Slee!!

Could you tell us who composed the song?

Haha, if I lose my job over it I'll be less than impressed!

Can't really offer much more than this pic and a description, need to hold some back.

well it would have been for a good cause. You know how we grasp at every bit of info :p so this is really great.

Will do my best to check for you mate, but I literally had to swipe a photo while my boss was out of the room, :p

Will ask him tomorrow and try and find out.

Very cool info. Thanks for risking life and limb for this! ;)

It's very strange that this live Coachella photo from 1999 keeps popping up lately. Why is that?

I do not like it at all :( Why use an old photo???
Is there any hope it is fake? :rolleyes:

Huh. I just noticed that the thumbnails in the first post are clickety-pops. Nice.

As for whether they're fakes, well, it's kinda hard to tell from the pics. They certainly don't look like anything that any of us couldn't have Photoshopped together in a few minutes. Can anybody confirm whether Decca promos usually come in thin jewel cases, as opposed to card sleeves like the Sanctuary/Attack ones?

I second the call for getting the author credits. And is it a 1-track disc? And the track time is? And, and, and? dizzywhore_1804, you haven't failed us yet!

Huh. I just noticed that the thumbnails in the first post are clickety-pops. Nice.

As for whether they're fakes, well, it's kinda hard to tell from the pics. They certainly don't look like anything that any of us couldn't have Photoshopped together in a few minutes. Can anybody confirm whether Decca promos usually come in thin jewel cases, as opposed to card sleeves like the Sanctuary/Attack ones?

I second the call for getting the author credits. And is it a 1-track disc? And the track time is? And, and, and? dizzywhore_1804, you haven't failed us yet!

All I can offer you is my word, whatever that counts for.
Oh, and I am very lazy: so the chances of me bothering to mocking up a whole cover, printing it up in glossy, getting a case for it, and then taking a (let's face is) crap mobile pic of it, just to wind up some people who've given me so many live/rare tracks are <b>very</b> slim.

The CD has a square design on it in green/purple (going from memory), and looks very retro and VERY classy.

The track run-time is 3'01", and it is a 1-track CD, only to sample to the new song I guess.

Believe me or no, guys, all I can do is say what I know.

Perhaps the promo and the real cover will not be the same?

I don't like these photos of "young" Morrissey being used--I feel like it is a promotion trick....throw photos of young Moz on something and it will sell better.

I wish they would use a handsome new pic from this year.

All I can offer you is my word, whatever that counts for.
Oh, and I am very lazy: so the chances of me bothering to mocking up a whole cover, printing it up in glossy, getting a case for it, and then taking a (let's face is) crap mobile pic of it, just to wind up some people who've given me so many live/rare tracks are <b>very</b> slim.

I'm sorry if you inferred from my previous post that I thought that you'd faked this--just the opposite! I have no reason to believe that this is anything but authentic, and I have nothing but thanks & praise for your efforts so far.

Back
Top Bottom