Tim's Twitter Listening Party - "The Queen is Dead" with Mike Joyce (Sep. 12, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
On Saturday September 12th at 9pm, Tim Burgess's #TimsTwitterListeningParty will feature 'The Queen is Dead,' with commentary by Mike Joyce.

Posted by Nobody of importance:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is a replay of the listening party in case you missed it live and want to read the tweets as you listen to the record.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get Hamlet on their asses...

í, with wings as swift as meditation or the thoughts of love, may sweep to my revenge.

Saw another bore tweeting out the top 5 'hyper-literate' pop lyricists from the 1980s. Costello, Cole, Partridge etc. When someone suggested Moz? No! 'Total dolt. Marr is a god'. Only wrote songs for 'suicidals'...

Fine. And Andy Partridge is a real nice guy :rolleyes:

It's war.

war is hell.

ignore war (i).jpg
ignore war (ii).jpg
ignore war (iii).jpg
ignore war (iv).jpg

modern moz is war.jpg

Peeking at some of the replies on twitter, it now can't be anything but amusing.

Who knew that the drums were the true secret genius juice behind this Classic Album..?

And maybe the bass bits.

Oh and somebody helpfully points out that it is just "Johnny Marr's Materpiece" {Freudian slip?}

The fella singing all of the written words, Etc, is just an invisible blot on the bottle green and pleasant landscape.

If these chancers really believe Moz is such an evil unmentionabe, then í would have more respect for them if they operated a scorched earth policy and just let go of everything. Write it off as a bad mistake.
Better that than try and wilfully ignore the slight contribution he made to The Smiths?

In translation ~ Put up or shut up.

These are so great, especially the one of Moz grabbing Billie-Rose's shirt. I'd love that printed on a tee. Or on my wall.

It sums up my predicament since the Summer of '88.

Ich bin ein Billie-Rose...

Peeking at some of the replies on twitter, it now can't be anything but amusing.

Who knew that the drums were the true secret genius juice behind this Classic Album..?

And maybe the bass bits.

Oh and somebody helpfully points out that it is just "Johnny Marr's Materpiece" {Freudian slip?}

The fella singing all of the written words, Etc, is just an invisible blot on the bottle green and pleasant landscape.

If these chancers really believe Moz is such an evil unmentionabe, then í would have more respect for them if they operated a scorched earth policy and just let go of everything. Write it off as a bad mistake.
Better that than try and wilfully ignore the slight contribution he made to The Smiths?

20200904_145830.gif

And maybe the bass bits.

Won't this just be a discussion between Tim and Mike and then a Q&A via Twitter

That would be the sensible notion wouldn't it?

Based on any other time í've gatecrashed one of these 'listening parties', í've been in car crashes that were better organised. And less stressful.

Noone knows exactly when to start {although shouldn't be a problem for MJ: 1..2..3..4?}, people tweet over each other, miss comments and questions, tweet for too long, Etc. Perhaps they've sharpened it up, but it's twitter, so it's generally chaos. It was a novel idea at the outset of the plague, but not now.

I thought the listening parties Alain and the others did for the Moz albums were quite nice and not too chaotic, but they were on a much smaller scale of course.

Yeah, they were very good. But probably could have fitted all the participants into a pygmy's toilet cubicle.

Generally they stress me out. í am a delicate flower. Maybe í should try them on the rum.

Yeah, they were very good. But probably could have fitted all the participants into a pygmy's toilet cubicle.

Generally they stress me out. í am a delicate flower. Maybe í should try them on the rum.

God, I really don't want to be trapped in a pygmy's toilet cubicle with those people.

Everything's better with rum.

I caved in yesterday and had a rum toddy. In early September. 2020 is really getting to me.

Brain surgery?

Definitely.

Doesn't matter if you're the one performing or undergoing the surgery either.

Billie-Rose made me listen to Angelic Upstarts again for the first time in ages. Great cooking tunes, but probably even better with rum.

In what sense are these parties? If it were a real party, a certain gentlemen known only as 'M', pumped up on Grey Goose, would gatecrash and tell a few home truths about about a certain lawnmower part. I fear the contributions of some will be greatly overplayed ('Oh Mike. How on earth did you come up with that intro for TQID you must be the bastard son of Buddy Rich and Ginger Baker or summat, please can I have one of your Gold Discs please. Blah.')

Typically it's everyone listening and tweeting at the same time. You have to follow Mike and Tim to see their comments. If you look at #timstwitterlisteningparty you'll see hundreds if not thousands of replies. I usually have 3 tabs open, one for Tim, one for the guest and one for the hashtag. Not sure how everyone else does it. Tim usually retweets the best comments he sees.

Tags
#timstwitterlisteningparty mike joyce the queen is dead

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom