Morrissey Central "TO WHERE MOTHER NATURE MAKES THEIR BED" (September 20, 2021)

27615_uifcjb.jpg

Jimmy Greaves 1940 - 2021

PA-485197_ssbewj.jpg
player_stjohn_pxrz3f.jpg

Ian St John 1938 - 2021

(Ian died in March of this year).
Regards,
FWD.

Well, I guess we’d need to define what we mean by ‘interested’ in it.

So why do you think he’s ‘interested’ in it?

I just don’t think it’s for exactly the same reasons that the general football fan is interested in it. I mean as far as following it.

:cool:
:crazy:

Well, I guess we’d need to define what we mean by ‘interested’ in it.

So why do you think he’s ‘interested’ in it?

I just don’t think it’s for exactly the same reasons that the general football fan is interested in it. I mean as far as following it.

:cool:
I’m sure he’s perfectly capable of a layered interest in football which accepts the thrill of eleven vs. eleven, as much as anything else.

I’m sure he’s perfectly capable of a layered interest in football which accepts the thrill of eleven vs. eleven, as much as anything else.

Yes many many layers, but not the obvious ones.

And he has gone on record of saying he doesn’t follow football or is even captivated by it.

Also, there is a difference between putting Terry Venables ( who was born in Dagenham) rather than putting some random modern day football player on the sleeve. With this, I’m sure you’ll agree. Because as you said ‘layered’.

Last edited:
I’m a much more complicated character than that Hovis, as my therapist would tell you😉

I know I shouldn’t be breaking the confidentiality code, but you’re actually not a ‘complicated character’ at all.

;)

Yes many many layers, but not the obvious ones.

And he has gone on record of saying he doesn’t follow football or is even captivated by it.

Also, there is a difference between putting Terry Venables ( who was born in Dagenham) rather than putting some random modern day football player on the sleeve. With this, I’m sure you’ll agree. Because as you said ‘layered’.
He also said this in the mid 90’s: “It's a very easy way to escape mentally – it's light entertainment. I can just put on the television, watch a game of football, get the cans out and drift.” And that he’d go to as many free games as he could.

Edit: “For instance, I go to the football whenever I can and whenever seems decent. And whenever I can get in for free.”

He also said this in the mid 90’s: “It's a very easy way to escape mentally – it's light entertainment. I can just put on the television, watch a game of football, get the cans out and drift.” And that he’d go to as many free games as he could.

Edit: “For instance, I go to the football whenever I can and whenever seems decent. And whenever I can get in for free.”

Yes but in that same interview he also said ‘I don’t have the scarf, I don’t have the hat’ which is a big clue. Lol.

Anyway, that was in the 90’s, later he changed his mind and said he doesn’t follow it. It’s in the Importance of being Morrissey documentary.

Edit: the interview is from Feb 89 Record Mirror actually.

Last edited:
Did it have occasional music slots too? There were certainly lots of references to music; great mix. Danny Kelly’s current Talksport show retains something of Under the Moon’s format, I think.
Can't remember to much about it mate, Danny Kelly and Danny Baker both come to mind when I think of early 90s football bods.

Can't remember to much about it mate, Danny Kelly and Danny Baker both come to mind when I think of early 90s football bods.
Ah yes. And both were involved with the NME’s anti-Morrissey turn in ‘92. Kelly is Spurs, and Baker is West Ham. So obviously, in the ‘only one bullet’ scenario it’s curtains for Kelly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom