Toast and coffee

Fake C

Measured, Found Wanting
qSvJFMw.png

How do you like it?

But I've stopped buying bread, because I can't control myself when I have it.

Lately I've been mixing cocoa with water to make a paste, and then mix a mug of hot water with it. No milk or sugar.

This brand of cocoa reminds me of the days when I 'lived' with an abusive man who played Suede often. I used to make us this hot beverage all the time. I'm glad I haven't seen him in a long time. Rapist, infection transmitter (deliberate)...sadist.

Nope, it wasn't around then. They started making Camino cocoa in 1999. Maybe another company owned the cocoa brand? Maybe it's my imagination that it was Camino brand back in 1997. 😜

It was a similar brand anyway, from a natural food store that used to be on Commercial Drive called Circling Dawn. Terrible times.

I have used unsweetened chocolate in cooking Mexican food but it's to get a bitter flavor that is just a small part of the overall taste. Unsweetened cocoa with water doesn't sound very good. Why not just have unsweetened tea or black coffee?

I have used unsweetened chocolate in cooking Mexican food but it's to get a bitter flavor that is just a small part of the overall taste. Unsweetened cocoa with water doesn't sound very good. Why not just have unsweetened tea or black coffee?
I like it!

Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate are like apples, oranges, and bananas. Distinct from each other. What I get from cocoa, I can't get from tea or coffee.

I've got rooibos tea on the right, and hot chocolate on the left. That foam is from the cocoa, but it does say "may contain milk".
20201107_234953.jpg

Back
Top Bottom