Tom Chaplin of Keane covers "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?"

The Killers and Metric covers were good, but I could not make it all the way through this.

Which rises a bigger question--why is this such a popular Morrissey song to cover?

The Killers and Metric covers were good, but I could not make it all the way through this.

Which rises a bigger question--why is this such a popular Morrissey song to cover?

because its a really good and popular song. the lyrics are cutting and about being cut up while the music achieves a cutting/slicing feeling as well as being breezy and relaxed at the same time. feelings of pain and resignation can resonate life in all of us through common existence

Re: Tom Chaplin of Keane covers "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?"

i was thinking the same but i just figured there was something i was un aware of. be curious to know

Sorry I tried to link it but my interenet keeps going out this week. If you search the song on you tube, there is a gorgeous version that was filmed at a show from that time period. He's wearing that very vivid yellow shirt with perfectly fitting jeans. He looks stunning and the emotional delivery of the lyrics is very touching.

For me, the lyrics have such a powerful effect, right from the opening line. The imagery is beautiful; Morrissey delivers the words with sincerity, so much that you can feel his heartache, and Alain's harmonizing adds a haunting quality. Every element works perfectly, so, in my opinion, any attempt to improve upon it will ultimately be a let down.

lynnda

Re: Tom Chaplin of Keane covers "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?"

Sorry I tried to link it but my interenet keeps going out this week. If you search the song on you tube, there is a gorgeous version that was filmed at a show from that time period. He's wearing that very vivid yellow shirt with perfectly fitting jeans. He looks stunning and the emotional delivery of the lyrics is very touching.

Cool I'll look. I thought you meant official video

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom