Tony Fletcher (author of A Light That Never Goes Out) recommends black music, but...

Excerpt:

The Smiths? There’s more blackness in the music than you might initially perceive. Read about it. Search it out. And then boycott Morrissey’s music because he’s turned into your horrible racist grandfather. Seriously, stop apologizing for the guy and stop listening to his recent music. He’s an embarrassment.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the Motown beat of This Charming Man? The guitar sound on William It Was Really Nothing or Nowhere Fast - listen to "Good Times" by Chic. Johnny Marr's jangle is really derived from that kind of bright, syncopated guitar.

I don't hear a Motown beat........I don't hear Chic. Sorry.

What a moronic quote from a Fletcher, but unsurprising given the typical mindset of Brit media types now when it comes to Morrissey. They are utterly unhinged - even worse than in the ‘90s with the NME‘s “get Morrissey” campaign.

And does Fletcher not understand that that quote actually paints him as the racist one, even while he panders to blacks and the left? Why does he feel the need justify The Smiths‘ music on grounds that there is “really a lot of blackness in the music“? What does that even mean, and why it assumed to be good if so? And is Fletcher the arbiter of “blackness”? Conversely, if he thought The Smiths’ music had too much “whiteness,” would Fletcher deem that a flaw? Why does he think “blackness“ in music should she assumed to be good, but “whiteness” by implication assumed to be bad?

Basically Fletcher is just a self-righteous, self-hating, virtue-signaling, pandering twat. In other words - a typical British leftist.

Journalist on phone to Moz's manager:
"Just to let you know we are writing a hatchet piece on Moz, because really his different views are completely unacceptable in this era of free speech. Someone heard that someone else is annoyed and VERY upset that Moz said something to someone that they weren't expecting."

Morrissey is such a racist and yet he was wearing an Obama tshirt long before Obama became president,didnt see any other singer wearing an Obama tshirt.
He said Obama is probably white inside.
Racist scumbag he is.

Tony obviously still holds a grudge because Morrissey has always refused to talk with him and refused to acknowledge his existence.

Exactly, and the insufferable twats, who is unknown to the world at large, is making 'recommendations' and pontificating and giving orders at to what to listen to, despite the fact he is a certified nutjob. ?
"SEARCH FOR IT":swear

JFC what a Chump.;)

Morrissey is such a racist and yet he was wearing an Obama tshirt long before Obama became president,didnt see any other singer wearing an Obama tshirt.
He wore a For Britain badge - a party that endorses and indeed promotes anti-Islamic policies. I am a Muslim and a long-standing Moz fan since 1983 (I’m 55 years old). I have given up on his music and what he stands for. He’s traduced my soul and I feel utterly betrayed, not only by the dyspeptic tone of much of his recent actual music but by the confused and disturbing racism he now espouses. How dare he putatively “support” BLM and quote the esteemed James Baldwin and not renounce that vile badge and the party it endorses. Morrissey was once part of the solution to many things in my and others’ lives now he is very much part of the problem.

Barbarbism begins at home is funk. Ok. How Soon is Now is Bo Diddley. Ok. As to the rest of...what...100 songs........can't see it.
I can hear the ghost of The Platters in Last Night I Dreamt... . And I could easily give about a dozen more examples (two of which you’ve already pointed out).

A lot of the problem is that Morrissey fans are seen as weak, miserable and servile and so you're allowed to tell them how to behave. It's bullying really.
What utter crap, I've been a fan for decades and know many of the hardcore and none of them match your pathetic description.

What about the Motown beat of This Charming Man? The guitar sound on William It Was Really Nothing or Nowhere Fast - listen to "Good Times" by Chic. Johnny Marr's jangle is really derived from that kind of bright, syncopated guitar.

Terry Callier could’ve been playing on a few Smiths tracks: The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, for instance.

That's what I'm saying. I'm a long term fan myself. It's just that some people get the wrong impression of Morrissey fans.
Ok I see what your saying but you know since Moz started touring the UK Arenas circa Quarry comeback, the broad mix of Morrissey fans from all age groups and backgrounds is the real standout observation for me. I've followed him on many of these tours all around the UK and got to know many fans and they're solid, decent folk who love the man and his music. I'm not certain that the media have a preconceived view of Moz fans as his success is widely known and you don't sustain that for decades with a feeble following.

I notice no one's calling for fans of Ariane Grande to boycott her simply bacause she's crap. That would seem a far more legitimate reason to boycott someone's music. But she's popular with the youth and the 'in thing' so you score no points for having a swipe at her. Have a go at 'grandad Morrissey'. You're on safe ground there and it'll do your credibility no harm.
So far as I know Ariana Grande doesn't go out of her way to make obnoxious, quasi-racist statements. That's probably the reason.

He wore a For Britain badge - a party that endorses and indeed promotes anti-Islamic policies. I am a Muslim and a long-standing Moz fan since 1983 (I’m 55 years old). I have given up on his music and what he stands for. He’s traduced my soul and I feel utterly betrayed, not only by the dyspeptic tone of much of his recent actual music but by the confused and disturbing racism he now espouses. How dare he putatively “support” BLM and quote the esteemed James Baldwin and not renounce that vile badge and the party it endorses. Morrissey was once part of the solution to many things in my and others’ lives now he is very much part of the problem.
if you hate him so much then why are you on a site dedicated to him.you cant have it both ways which is what Morrissey haters want.

He said Obama is probably white inside.
Racist scumbag he is.
then why are you on a site dedicated to him.obama spent 65 days on the golf course,makes him tartan on the inside.

"That VILE badge". Hmmn. The thinnest of gruel Skinny or should I call you Bilal.

if you hate him so much then why are you on a site dedicated to him.you cant have it both ways which is what Morrissey haters want.
I don’t hate him, if you read my post, I am appalled by a whole slew of his recent views,
as I outlined, and I think it’s appropriate to air them here. Is a pre-requisite of fandom a blind adherence to everything that’s uttered by his master’s voice?
I’ve loved his music for nearly four decades of my life, I’ve travelled across this country and others to see him perform. And now all my years of near devotion have been reduced to sadness and anger at such an ill-begat wearing and airing of views in support of a political party that denigrates my peace loving religion.
Are you comfortable with his support of For Britain?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom