Top 100 Iconic amateur images of Morrissey: nominate 5 fav photos 1983

Thanks lainey!

I looked at the photos I've taken, and my favorites are probably these:

68203065.jpg

65585406.jpg

69160899r.jpg

56449544.jpg

Happy Maudlin is right Flax, you are good and these photographs are brilliant.:D

Thanks lainey!

68203065.jpg

65585406.jpg

69160899r.jpg

56449544.jpg

Beautiful pictures :guitar:
Flax how do you manage to get the colours so saturated? Mine always seem to be a bit washed out. And do you use flash?

According to other band members (certainly Mike and Dale) the first time they saw James Maker was a few minutes before going on stage at The Ritz:eek: It was definatley Morrissey's decision and not the bands (not sure if Johnny knew).
It is covered in 'The Severed Allience', if you don't have it, I could type it up for you tomorrow.

EDIT - Johnny didn't know either...(page 156) 'The Smiths seemed equally vague about Makers role in the scheme of things. ''I never quite got that and neither did the rest of the band'' explained Johnny, ''It wasn't discussed. It was a whim of Morrissey. Nothing against James, he just looked silly....'' (Johnny talking after the 2nd gig)

Jukebox Jury

Haha thanks a lot, I think Morrissey just made a naff descion which didn't impress Johnny, like when he did Work Is A Four Letter Word (which I actually like because its on my MP3). I saw a Morrissey interview when he's in his car and he says, "Yes, Cilla Black broke up The Smiths", which I found hillarious! I wonder if she knows what she did?

Beautiful pictures :guitar:
Flax how do you manage to get the colours so saturated? Mine always seem to be a bit washed out. And do you use flash?

Thank you!
The lighting on Morrissey shows is usually very good, so you don't need flash, however, you have to be on the front row to get good pictures.

The problem is, on a regular digital camera, you don't have many options as far as exposure control, so if you turn the flash off, your pictures will be over exposed and blurry.

So here are a couple of tricks (considering you're on the front row):
- Leave your flash on, but cover it with your index finger in order to block most of it.
- If you take a photo with the flash off, you have to do it when you know Morrissey won't be moving much and you can't just hold the camera. You need to either rest it on the rail or on the stage. This was the case for 2 of the photos I posted in this thread: the one of Morrissey kneeling and the one of him on the floor with Solomon on the left. Flash wasn't allowed, so I was lucky to be able to use the edge of the stage to keep the camera somewhat stable.

Thank you!
The lighting on Morrissey shows is usually very good, so you don't need flash, however, you have to be on the front row to get good pictures.

The problem is, on a regular digital camera, you don't have many options as far as exposure control, so if you turn the flash off, your pictures will be over exposed and blurry.

So here are a couple of tricks (considering you're on the front row):
- Leave your flash on, but cover it with your index finger in order to block most of it.
- If you take a photo with the flash off, you have to do it when you know Morrissey won't be moving much and you can't just hold the camera. You need to either rest it on the rail or on the stage. This was the case for 2 of the photos I posted in this thread: the one of Morrissey kneeling and the one of him on the floor with Solomon on the left. Flash wasn't allowed, so I was lucky to be able to use the edge of the stage to keep the camera somewhat stable.

Thanks for the tips Flax, never thought about putting my finger over the flash. Here's hoping I'll be able to try them out soon :thumb:

Thanks lainey!

68203065.jpg

Flax, how in the world did you get this angle? Is it zoom from a balcony or did you put the camera in the air above your head and randomly snap it? I've always been intrigued by this one, it;s so beautiful. You are an amazing photographer. You should just walk around your neighborhood and take snapshots.

Flax, how in the world did you get this angle? Is it zoom from a balcony or did you put the camera in the air above your head and randomly snap it? I've always been intrigued by this one, it;s so beautiful. You are an amazing photographer. You should just walk around your neighborhood and take snapshots.

Thanks CG.
This was front row in Dallas. I'm a bit tall already, so I stood on my tiptoes, stretched my arms for a few seconds and snapped a couple of photos from this angle.

Flax,
These are great photos...

Oh my God! How much does the spotlight photograph of Morrissey lying down look like Mr.Bean, in the opening sequence of his TV show?

Back
Top Bottom