Toronto, ON - Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (Apr. 27, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Dial-a-Cliché / Speedway // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Photo: @mozzer.clumsy.and.shy / Instagram

full

Last edited:
Oh, I'm also pleased to mention that Speedway no longer features the Spanish outro. Just Morrissey singing, as it should.
Also thunderous drumming hy Matt Walker.
I suspected there would be no Spanish outro. The truculent, unreliable so and so. If he thinks he’s getting my money now, well he can jolly well think again.

Haven't posted for about 12 years or so. Just wanted to applaud that setlist. In fine voice too from the clips I've seen, and sings "Seasick" with a lot of passion. Hope we get to see something like that in Europe sometime soon, and that N.Y. get some eclectic setlists over that 7 night run.

Half a person and all will be forgiven for the time you canceled on me.

Nowhere to really put the following - so will tack on here.
Tour bus antics as they leave Toronto and head onwards:

(Via Mando's IG story)
farkomalarco~1556478845~2032216157095843315_418366473.jpg
farkomalarco~1556478931~2032216151634757174_418366473.jpg

(Via Matt's IG story)
mwbattery~1556484223~2032259442229375922_273736212.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

I was at both shows. I think people were caught offguard the first night when he went on at 8:34 pm (rather than the usual 9:04 or the 9:30 that the venue was emailing people about) because there were a fair amount of seats still empty when Lypsynca went on but they quickly filled.

This was my 34th show and there are a handful of Moz shows that I count among the best I've seen from any band anywhere. Last night was one. There was just something special about that show. Moz's performance of Trouble Loves Me and Seasick were beautiful and incredibly emotional and Starship live is beautiful, perfect for his vocals. Someone up thread admitted to shedding a tear and I myself did as I left that venue. I knew I'd seen something amazing.

London Palladium last year is still my #1 show but this is a very close second. It just had that certain something that other shows don't always have...

What a great post - thanks for sharing this!!

What a great post - thanks for sharing this!!

I can tell you at least on the Facebook event pages and Sony Center pages they were telling everyone he goes on around 8:30 pm. Not sure where you're saying they were messaging about 9:30 pm?

thats a sweet little pussyfoot with his cool ear muffs and tshirt.
the guy, though, who is invading the stage at 3:40, is he licking morrisseys ear?? and does moz say yikes or thanks?

I was there, Moz definitely says "Yikes" when it happenes

I can tell you at least on the Facebook event pages and Sony Center pages they were telling everyone he goes on around 8:30 pm. Not sure where you're saying they were messaging about 9:30 pm?

unfortunately this probably arose from the information I got from the venue and posted on here. They send me an update after that saying it was wrong, but I think the information on here was never updated...

**EDIT** scratch that, I did update the original post. But that is probably where it came from.

It was actually here in another thread mid-week last week. Someone said they emailed the Sony Centre and that was the reply.

There's only one full song source for Starship currently. The sound is ok when ripped, but has the obligatory hooting and hollering at a level some might not want to hear in their rarities collection.
If a decent sounding version appears - please '@' me on here - thanks in advance.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom