Torquil Campbell of Canadian indie band Stars on listening to Morrissey / Smiths

Link from Paul:

‘We all know our lives have been f**ked by the internet’ - The Irish Times
Torquil Campbell, the frontman of Canadian indie posters Stars, on free speech, The Smiths and the impact of music

Excerpt:

...His early heroes were obviously The Smiths, patron saints of glum adolescents from Saskatchewan to Salford. He continues to listen to their records, though with understandable ambivalence given Morrissey’s alleged right-wing views.

“It’s just so depressing,” says Campbell. “I feel bad for Johnny Marr. I feel bad for me – they’re my favourite band of all time. I feel bad for all the people who love The Smiths. I can still listen to Morrissey. I can still on a certain level love it. I don’t think the Smiths will ever stop being my favourite band. But it sure is sad to see someone who came so close to understanding things pull away and insulate himself against love, life and people.

“He strikes me as a very sad person now – but not in the way of being sad with us. He’s sad alone. He’s sitting in some house in Los Angeles, watching Fox News, thinking he’s being clever because he disagrees with Billy Bragg. It’s not clever, man.”

full

Last edited:
The party is over.

...and you’re your the friendless, creepy INCEL that wasn’t invited but showed up anyway, shit the bed and just refuses to leave.

The authorities are on their way.
I haven't shat the bed for weeks.

You’ve got lip son - but you’ve got ZERO game. ...ya half-backpedaling twit. Everything the man said was spot on. I’ve not read a single post of yours that’s transcended the quality of thrice-used tea-bags.

Stay in your league, bitch.

WTF???? whats with the 'ya'. 'ya' half peddaling? 'ya ya ya ya ya ya':drama:
are you illiterate or
trying to act Col Klink???:lbf:

Link from Paul:

Torquil Campbell, the frontman of Canadian indie posters Stars, on free speech, The Smiths and the impact of music

Excerpt:

...His early heroes were obviously The Smiths, patron saints of glum adolescents from Saskatchewan to Salford. He continues to listen to their records, though with understandable ambivalence given Morrissey’s alleged right-wing views.

“It’s just so depressing,” says Campbell. “I feel bad for Johnny Marr. I feel bad for me – they’re my favourite band of all time. I feel bad for all the people who love The Smiths. I can still listen to Morrissey. I can still on a certain level love it. I don’t think the Smiths will ever stop being my favourite band. But it sure is sad to see someone who came so close to understanding things pull away and insulate himself against love, life and people.

“He strikes me as a very sad person now – but not in the way of being sad with us. He’s sad alone. He’s sitting in some house in Los Angeles, watching Fox News, thinking he’s being clever because he disagrees with Billy Bragg. It’s not clever, man.”

full

Hey snowflake.......The sky is blue...The grass is green...GO f*** yer mother...Join the Marines !

You’ve got lip son - but you’ve got ZERO game. ...ya half-backpedaling twit. Everything the man said was spot on. I’ve not read a single post of yours that’s transcended the quality of thrice-used tea-bags.

Stay in your league, bitch.

Bless you, sir (or ma'am). You really don't know how many you speak for. When challenged, the little boy crumbles like Weetabix in hot milk.

Link from Paul:

Excerpt:

...Blah blah Morrissey is sad blah blah I feel sorry for Johnny Marr blah blah unbridled immigration is good blah blah Trudeau is wonderful blah blah I watch CNN for the unbiased news blah blah I support whatever the establishment supports blah blah ... Ad Retchum

Is this some sort of joke article? wtf is this guy he looks like Damon Albarn in a wig and he talks out of his arse :eek:

who in f is 'stars':lbf:
Since you’re the smallest f***ing troll on this site - who owns zero records and has attended zero shows by ANYONE - it’s not surprising that you’re ignorant of who Stars are.

Choke on an emoji, bitch. Your passing will be a blessing to all. ...especially your mother. I’m sure the burden of your presence must be getting getting on her nerves. If you had any love for her, you’d get a job and a place of your own - from which to spout like a stuck-pig. ...after you’ve completed some remedial English training, to help you string a f***ing sentence together.

Have you even bought her a new toaster? Can you afford to? The one she’s got now is full of pizza-pop, toaster-strudel and pop-tart crumbs. Remnants of the diet that have made you who you are. Pony up, bitch. Grow a pair. Do something nice for your mom. She hasn’t had a decent day since before you were born.

Or just carry-on. That’s what I expect you’ll do. ...and that’s fine too. It’ll ALL be over soon. ;)

There’s a brutal irony at play when someone who’s built a career out of homage and literary reference is now fanned by illiterate rubes who’ve never read anything beyond a meme.

Maybe your boy can dip into the dried-up well and write a shanty about it.

Of course, he’d have to switch up the players. ...at least get someone who can pick, to play lead.

This kind of fits the Morrissey fan state of affairs...

Sketch and doodle
Increasingly brutal
Twisting and twitching forth
A road to nowhere
Reaching its height at the grave
Not even HE
Who made the no-show famous
Among the young-bucks
Dumb f***s
No-lucks
could cast a light or semblance of insight
Show, or no-show
Clueless
Not there for the original,
They’re stranded
Between laziness and knowledge
“Thinking” the present will pass
Into anything but the past
Weak. Feeble. Needy sheeple.

I didn't know the Stars and I got curious... All their songs seem to be quite similar: a boy and a girl whining as a forgettable melody sounds. It's not terrible, it's worse.
Are they famous in Canada?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom