TOS violation by mod?

bhops

Last of the famous international screw ups.
If I ever have the displeasure of meeting you in person, it will be my delight to push you down a North London manhole, and laugh as you tumble.

I don't have any psychiatric problems.

SERIOUS question to either David T or Kewpie is it acceptable in Terms of Service for a poster to make a threat of physical violence toward another??

If so, moderator or not, Peter should be subject to a time out. You might want to consider recinding his Mod status as well, despite his protestations above he is clearly not mentally well.

Last edited:
SERIOUS question to either David T or Kewpie is it acceptable in Terms of Service for a poster to make a threat of physical violence toward another??

If so, moderator or not, Peter should be subject to a time out. You might want to consider recinding his Mod status as well, despite his protestations above he is clearly not mentally well.

It's called male menopause and you are supposed to be patient with them for a while. Just ignore him.

It's called male menopause and you are supposed to be patient with them for a while. Just ignore him.

The important point here is consistency and fairness. I have personally seen (let's face it we all have) Peter ban sometime, even just temporarily for far less egregious infringements and if the rules are to be followed then he really should go for a timeout. Will David or Kewpie respond to my post? I'd be pleasantly surprised if they do but I'm not holding my breath.

Post in the site feedback forum with issues like these. Posts have been moved. I looked at the 'physical threat of violence' and don't consider it serious. If so, whoever is threatened is free to take it to the authorities.

The important point here is consistency and fairness. I have personally seen (let's face it we all have) Peter ban sometime, even just temporarily for far less egregious infringements and if the rules are to be followed then he really should go for a timeout. Will David or Kewpie respond to my post? I'd be pleasantly surprised if they do but I'm not holding my breath.

Post in the site feedback forum with issues like these. Posts have been moved. I looked at the 'physical threat of violence' and don't consider it serious. If so, whoever is threatened is free to take it to the authorities.

So I can threaten violence against people on here and be OK, so long as YOU don't consider it 'serious?' Wow, just wow, is all I can say.

I would like to report uncleskinny as a troll. Earlier today on this site he threatened to throw me down into a North London manhole if he ever met me on the street. I've seen some North London manholes in my time and I wouldn't really like getting too physical with any of them. Also I'm quite a strapping lad and if anyone attempted such a thing I would have to be excused for my actions.

I would like to report uncleskinny as a troll. Earlier today on this site he threatened to throw me down into a North London manhole if he ever met me on the street. I've seen some North London manholes in my time and I wouldn't really like getting too physical with any of them. Also I'm quite a strapping lad and if anyone attempted such a thing I would have to be excused for my actions.

Yeah well there you have it folks. You are good to go with threats of physical violence against other members of this community so long as the site owner doesn't consider it serious. I'm all for 1st amendment rights but this seems crazy.

Yeah well there you have it folks. You are good to go with threats of physical violence against other members of this community so long as the site owner doesn't consider it serious. I'm all for 1st amendment rights but this seems crazy.
You got it.

Threats of violence are not welcome on the site but there are exceptions, such as those that involve manholes, hotel fires or banana peels.

Besides, you have to be patient with people who come from countries with royalties, they tend to feel they are not reached by common laws when they are in positions of power. It's the way their heads were fabricated, you know.

What about threats that suggest 'somebody should be thinking of getting bodyguards?' This is what he said, not about poor old humble me, but about Morrissey himself.

I don't know what to make of that one, that's like a physical threat in reverse.

What about threats that suggest 'somebody should be thinking of getting bodyguards?' This is what he said, not about poor old humble me, but about Morrissey himself.

Threats of violence are not welcome on the site but there are exceptions, such as those that involve manholes, hotel fires or banana peels.

Cool, well as I don't want to get banned here, but equally as I am also excited to discover that physical threats of some variety are tolerated apparently, can you furnish us with a list of what is and isn't allowable as there are definitely some posters here I'd like to physically threaten using the approved list. Thanks in advance!

Cool, well as I don't want to get banned here, but equally as I am also excited to discover that physical threats of some variety are tolerated apparently, can you furnish us with a list of what is and isn't allowable as there are definitely some posters here I'd like to physically threaten using the approved list. Thanks in advance!

manholes, hotel fires & banana peels so far are fine to use. Which is great ! because I've been waiting soooo long to use the old banana peel threat on some of the bad anon's here ! they better watch out now, ... or else ! :cool:

manholes, hotel fires & banana peels so far are fine to use. Which is great ! because I've been waiting soooo long to use the old banana peel threat on some of the bad anon's here ! they better watch out now, ... or else ! :cool:

Yep well since David has taken us down this rabbithole as to what is and isn't acceptable threats of physical violence I'm sure others on these boards will like me breathlessly await the official list of what we can threaten other posters with and what we can't. Manholes, hotel fires and bananas is indeed a good start but I'm sure there are more! I will also seek clarification on the banana skin one.

Obviously it's OK to say 'I hope you trip and fall on a banana skin,' but is it ok to say, 'I hope you trip and fall on a banana skin, break your back and end up a tetraplegic in a wheelchair being spoon fed by a busty Swedish nurse but you will unable to even muster an erection since nothing now works down there.'

Is that allowed? How far out can we extrapolate the effects of the violence? Clearly it's OK to laugh at someone, as Skinny would do but what I want to know s how far can we take it?

Now that we have the have the green light to make physical threats (of some variety) I feel for the safety and peace of mind of the members here we need to get the rulebook out there for everyone to read!

I may not be a mod, but let it be known I'll take on every last one of you, and lick any sonofabitch in the house!

Back
Top Bottom