TOS violation by mod?

The thing about the threat of chucking one down a manhole is that it is dependant on two things: firstly your proximity to said utility and secondly the requisite tool to remove the cover.

Threats of violence are not welcome on the site but there are exceptions, such as those that involve manholes, hotel fires or banana peels.
what about rolled up newspapers?!

SERIOUS question to either David T or Kewpie is it acceptable in Terms of Service for a poster to make a threat of physical violence toward another??

If so, moderator or not, Peter should be subject to a time out. You might want to consider recinding his Mod status as well, despite his protestations above he is clearly not mentally well.
it doesn't read as a threat though, more like just an old curmudgeons bit of whimsy.

Who gives a shit. I've seen posts requesting people go kill themselves resulting in complete silence by you. Morrissey says he'll kill Trump and you are silent. Mozzer was only joking, kids! Yet a comment about a manhole gets you all uptight and wanting to bring out the lawyers all guns blazing. Grow a pair and stop whining like a baby.
Never seen the ‘go suicide’ posts but obviously wouldn’t condone them.
Not sure what Morrissey’s comments have got to do with the debate, he is not a moderator on these boards? OR IS HE?? :lbf:
Haven’t spoken to any lawyers about it so not sure what you’re on about here.

Lastly possible a nice lemon herbal tea and a gluten free biscuit might be in order? You seem stressed. Ummmmm Peter is that you???

what about rolled up newspapers?!
I’d say a rolled up newspaper will make the list of ‘ok’ things to threaten physical violence with :lbf:

davidt doesn't deserve this! he's a good administrator! my favourite administrator!
David is a good administrator and he created a community for those that love (and also apparently hate) Morrissey to come and meet online and that really has been gold.

However that doesn’t mean I have to agree with every choice he makes regarding the site and I am free to disagree. He is also free to throw me off the site if he wishes, LOL

I think his choice of Skinny as a moderator is an awful one as to many others. Still David seems like a good egg and I respect the fact that he at least fronted to have this discussion.

oh good! I don't know what id do if I couldn't threaten to whack people with rolled up newspapers.
And don’t forget to cackle maniacally as you do it, that is the key ;-)

Hmmm... I do not get why that Skinny lunatic is a moderator... and he certainly adores insulting people.
However, as to be fair, when he insults, he doesn't play his "I am a moderator" card... and even most of the posts which we have to click to view because they received too many "troll" ratings belong to him.

During my short stay here, I have been insulted by Skinny a few times and I replied accordingly. If I have to be fair, he has been obnoxious with me, but he never abused his moderator powers. nor he used his status of "moderator" to reply to my very justified insults against him, nor he threatened me with suggesting he can ban me... So that's somehow ethical, even if he's an ·%$·&·%·/$$&· and a lunatic.

WOW, I said something almost nice about that Skinny guy (I won't make that mistake again).

Ah! Make Ketamine a Mod too, it would be fun.

Yes, Ketamine S. for Mod., it wolud be good & right thing to do.

PEOPLE KETAMINE is GOOD PERSON! US throws good Moz people in the hole in the floor!

Never seen the ‘go suicide’ posts but obviously wouldn’t condone them.
Not sure what Morrissey’s comments have got to do with the debate, he is not a moderator on these boards? OR IS HE?? :lbf:
Haven’t spoken to any lawyers about it so not sure what you’re on about here.

Lastly possible a nice lemon herbal tea and a gluten free biscuit might be in order? You seem stressed. Ummmmm Peter is that you???

i think if you like your own post you get banned, why you ask? because its against the TOS:banned::laughing::laughing:
true, i kid you not. you threaten to throw someone off a cliff, you are free to proceed under the TOS>:laughing:

Cool, well as I don't want to get banned here, but equally as I am also excited to discover that physical threats of some variety are tolerated apparently, can you furnish us with a list of what is and isn't allowable as there are definitely some posters here I'd like to physically threaten using the approved list. Thanks in advance!

Good strategy. You would do it well in a dictatorship :thumb:

As we all know, Skinny constantly contravenes the terms of service he is supposed to uphold: his posts are frequently "defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend", etc. Over time he has become the very epitome of the narcissistic online bully moderators are actually there to oversee. A mod is supposed "to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion" but Skinny prefers to abuse people with his hair trigger rants, swearing at members of his own site and calling them "unthinking drones", etc. His behaviour is objectionable and obviously "abusive, hateful... likely to offend". While Davidt's loyalty to a longstanding member is admirable, I think it is misplaced here. As I've said before, Skinny is totally unfit for purpose.

You have it wrong - I never agreed to removing anything from the site, but said I was open to listening to suggestions. Also no figures were ever discussed. The ex-manager trying to get back with Morrissey may have suggested these things but it was incorrect of Morrissey to repeat them in the interview as fact.

I wrote "and wrote on the site that he was considering removing negative posts as part of this agreement."
You're saying you were open to listening to suggestions. You're denying that you agreed to removing anything, but I didn't say you did.
"Considering removing" is fairly similar to "listening to suggestions" and is certainly closer than "agreed to removing."
You were open to the idea, should some unspecified agreement have been reached, to listening to suggestions regarding removing certain unspecified material on the site, which is more or less what I wrote.

I have no idea about some "ex-manager trying to get back with Morrissey," but that sounds fascinating.

Prove the statement: 'and wrote on the site that he was considering removing negative posts as part of this agreement.' Otherwise you are a liar, would make a terrible lawyer, blah blah. Maybe read through the original thread (New Morrissey interview on Greek website LiFO (July 4, 2012)) and see that your original narrative is entirely wrong.

I'm always open to suggestions, that doesn't mean I was anywhere close to agreeing to do any such vague request or even considering it.

I wrote "and wrote on the site that he was considering removing negative posts as part of this agreement."
You're saying you were open to listening to suggestions. You're denying that you agreed to removing anything, but I didn't say you did.
"Considering removing" is fairly similar to "listening to suggestions" and is certainly closer than "agreed to removing."
You were open to the idea, should some unspecified agreement have been reached, to listening to suggestions regarding removing certain unspecified material on the site, which is more or less what I wrote.

I have no idea about some "ex-manager trying to get back with Morrissey," but that sounds fascinating.

Last edited:
If anybody is actually afraid that they will literally be shoved down a manhole when they least expect it...

You should be.

Lurking in the bushes, biding his time...
You will never be safe...

FROM THE SHOVENING!

Back
Top Bottom