tracking your own messages

veradicere

Hi,

Is there a way to track when people respond to your messsages? I like how on the main board you can see a list of all the messages you've posted and whether there has been reply.

As far as I know the only way you can track messages on this board is to go to your profile and click on each message you've posted to see if there has been a reply (although it does list replies, its the # of replies for the whole thread, not your own message). I also know you can subscribe to threads.

Is there a better way I'm missing?
Is there a way to make it more like the main board?

^^ the way you do it now (tracking your own posts to see if someone replied somewhere downstream in that thread) is how I do it too. Especially if I want to track replies to a specific post I made and it is maybe a stale thread / I think I overlooked any replies. i personally don't know any other ways than that at the moment.

obviously, we'll wait to see what davidt says...

good question

I tend to use Qlinks and todays posts - to see what is being updated across all the boards, but I have not seen what you are asking for. I'll be interested in the reply too.

jeane said:
You can always set up an automatic subscription. You'll be notified by email if anyone responds.

That's how I'm set-up and it works well for me.

However there is a limitation of that - the system only e-mails you once and will not do so again until next time you visit.

I'm so pleased there is another thread in this forum by the way because I was sick to the tattoo of seeing the question of moderator choices!

mjp said:
That's how I'm set-up and it works well for me.

However there is a limitation of that - the system only e-mails you once and will not do so again until next time you visit.

I'm so pleased there is another thread in this forum by the way because I was sick to the tattoo of seeing the question of moderator choices!

Also, I've never used it, but I doesn't it e-mail you if someone responds to the thread, not to you specifically? I never been so engrossed in a thread to require such notification. Plus, I think I'd rather receive as few e-mails as possible.

I really just want some way to quickly know when people reply to me directly. If the replies counter (when you go to your profile and click find all posts started by ____) was switched to count the # of replies to your post instead of the # of replies to the whole thread, I'd be happy with that. I can always go to the main board to view the total number of replies to a thread anyway.

Last edited:
I believe the responses have covered all the options here, thanks. The main board and forum are separate pieces of software with their own strengths and weaknesses.

The VBulletin software is actively developed so if you have any suggestions or feature requests, feel free to post at vbulletin.com - suggestions and feedback forum.

Back
Top Bottom