Trollercoaster

I want some Timberland boots please. size 12 Mine need the soles replaced and might as well get new ones.

I want some Timberland boots please. size 12 Mine need the soles replaced and might as well get new ones.
I might buy you my favorite shoes for Christmas.

That zappos widget won't load. Yes Christmas because I need to go back into stingy mode for a while to replenish my funds.

I don't really want you to buy me anything but if I did have anyone from here buy anything am Amazon code would do and then you don't have to know the address.

I don't really want you to buy me anything but if I did have anyone from here buy anything am Amazon code would do and then you don't have to know the address.
You're shameless. If you're gonna mooch off of someone the least you could do is trust them with your address.

LH stop being so generous!!

You're just always talking about giving away money and buying people things so yeah. And the thing is, it's nice to be generous if you can afford it but people that you give things to often wind up resenting you. Not "you" but in general. If you help someone then sometimes it affects their self worth and so they have to make it into a thing where they ripped you off. Had this happen and figured it out and I don't help anyone that won't help me. I might give someone a dollar or buy them something to eat but I'm not going to loan $50 to some random person and then go through the frustration of thinking I'm going to get it back.

I once sent a bunch of extremely expensive marni coats to someone I knew online and she was thrilled and all but now can't even be put out to 'like' one of my Facebook posts. Not that I care, I just think it's shitty. Generosity just leaves you feeling resentful 99% of the time, so now, even though it's fun to give people stuff, I have to tell myself not to, because I know I'll just be annoyed with myself for it afterwards. It's not my natural inclination to be selfish or stingy but I learned through experience that you gotta look out for yourself.

You're shameless. If you're gonna mooch off of someone the least you could do is trust them with your address.

LH stop being so generous!!
Hey! Nobody asked you. And when Skylarker tried to give you money you said no because you thought it was a trap. But I am shameless if that means not giving my address to someone on this site.

I once sent a bunch of extremely expensive marni coats to someone I knew online and she was thrilled and all but now can't even be put out to 'like' one of my Facebook posts. Not that I care, I just think it's shitty. Generosity just leaves you feeling resentful 99% of the time, so now, even though it's fun to give people stuff, I have to tell myself not to, because I know I'll just be annoyed with myself for it afterwards. It's not my natural inclination to be selfish or stingy but I learned through experience that you gotta look out for yourself.
I will like your posts for cash. I don't really need a coat.

You're just always talking about giving away money and buying people things so yeah. And the thing is, it's nice to be generous if you can afford it but people that you give things to often wind up resenting you. Not "you" but in general. If you help someone then sometimes it affects their self worth and so they have to make it into a thing where they ripped you off. Had this happen and figured it out and I don't help anyone that won't help me. I might give someone a dollar or buy them something to eat but I'm not going to loan $50 to some random person and then go through the frustration of thinking I'm going to get it back.
I don't know where you come from, but around here most people, unless they're druggies or serial moochers would be totally grateful for someone to lend them money when they need it. Your insights only apply to the ghetto.

Yeah, to you both. I've learned to try to steer my generosity to people who care about me. Hence, my walking buddy, who gave me an amazingly solid bed frame that didn't fit his headboard. He's the one I bought my fave shoes for and I know he'll appreciate it.

Hey! Nobody asked you. And when Skylarker tried to give you money you said no because you thought it was a trap. But I am shameless if that means not giving my address to someone on this site.
Actually I said no because Skylarker and I are buds and I wouldve felt clownish having him pay me to do something I thought was fun anyway.

I don't know where you come from, but around here most people, unless they're druggies or serial moochers would be totally grateful for someone to lend them money when they need it. Your insights only apply to the ghetto.
Yes and those are people that would also loan you money. Did you read the descriptions of the people? Do I need to make a vocaroo so you get it? It's very different loaning money to a friend as opposed to trying to help someone out.

Yeah, to you both. I've learned to try to steer my generosity to people who care about me. Hence, my walking buddy, who gave me an amazingly solid bed frame that didn't fit his headboard. He's the one I bought my fave shoes for and I know he'll appreciate it.
That's probably the nicest thing you can do for someone us buy them a good pair of shoes. In fairy tales, you know, they never said 'I love you' but they would show it by giving food and clothing. I like that.

Actually I said no because Skylarker and I are buds and I wouldve felt clownish having him pay me to do something I thought was fun anyway.
Oh christ, you said you thought it was a trap. It's great that you guys hugged it out and I believe that you weren't trying to take money for it, but you were genuinely cautious about it as you should be.

Back
Top Bottom