Troxy postponed to October

sad times, it's my birthday week an' all. Brixton on Thursday my last hope... I don't think he'll make it. :(

Could never understand why he booked a gig the day after his birthday one.

Hands up here who was totally fooked the next day!

I know I was. . . . dying on the sofa Sat/Sun

Although joyous when Scunthorpe done Millwall.

Every cloud an all that. . . :thumb:

I must admit I wouldn't be so upbeat id those money grabbing yorkshire ******** had won today! :o

Still gutted though :(

I'm gutted about this one, can't say I didn't see it coming though.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do in the big smoke tomorrow night? Me and my boyfriend will be heading down anyway because we can't cancel the hotel.

I'm gutted about this one, can't say I didn't see it coming though.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do in the big smoke tomorrow night? Me and my boyfriend will be heading down anyway because we can't cancel the hotel.

Eddi Reader is playing the Royal Festival Hall, have always wanted to see her or Maximo Park at Brixton, they're ok.

:guitar:

Eddi Reader is playing the Royal Festival Hall, have always wanted to see her or Maximo Park at Brixton, they're ok.

:guitar:

If you can't get tickets of Eddie Reader, you can watch great films at NFT.
Every Tuesday ticket price is £5!

I'm going to watch the winner of 2008 Satyajit Ray Award Mid-August Lunch at 6:30pm (this screening is a preview plus interview with the director Gianni di Gregorio, ticket price is £9 for non-members)

Jean-Gabriel Albicocco's La Fille aux yeux d'or at 8:30pm. ;)

http://bfi.org.uk

Going to see future of the left in ULU now, should be good travelling all the way to London to see a Cardiff band :lbf:

Thanks for the suggestions, might do the Jack the ripper tour in the day seeing as we are staying round that way.

Certain moderators have been informed not to move/combine/delete threads from what i understand as this was a far over used procedure.

I can understand you are frustrated and angry, we can see this in your posts. But come on, to call Morrissey a fool indirectly is a bit silly.

Morrissey is currently cancelling every 1 in 5 shows which is a high number. I think he may realise that maybe he cannot do smaller venues with more dates anymore and should switch to arena tours at this stage of his career with less dates. The man doesn't like playing arenas, but this may force his hand.

Moz wants/needs the money imho, due to less income through album/singles sales in today's age. An arena tour would have given him the same level of income with less dates i reckon, although this wouldn't have been popular with a few fans with them liking the tiny, quaint venues.

Good point on the 7 gigs in 8/9 days when Troxy is rescheduled. I wouldn't say no to 1/2 dates being cancelled again for this, either pre gig or during the concert.

What is foolish of him (hence me calling him a fool) is that he continually attempts more gigs than his voice can handle and he never learns. I am far less angry than most people on here. Why does he not just accept he can do 3 gigs a week max?

You think he realises he can't do this kind of schedule? If that was true he wouldn't set 6 gigs in 8 days for October. He just won't compromise. How many of the rescheduled October dates will he be able to finish? Yet more misery awaits us.

It's not about money, he must be a millionaire by now. He plays small venues because they are better audiences, a better vibe. I get that. But how many more times must this voice thing happen before he starts doing bigger shows?

Yes, we love the small shows. He does too. But at what cost?

Certain moderators have been informed not to move/combine/delete threads from what i understand as this was a far over used procedure.

Like merging all of one guy's threads together because he started to many, or merging a thread with a similar one a few years old?

Slightly different to having several threads about cancellation of the same gig, all posted on the same day.

If they can't use their discretion on that one they're not very good are they.

Like merging all of one guy's threads together because he started to many, or merging a thread with a similar one a few years old?

Slightly different to having several threads about cancellation of the same gig, all posted on the same day.

No they're not. They are unjust. Very poor show.

I agree, I was just making the point.

What is foolish of him (hence me calling him a fool) is that he continually attempts more gigs than his voice can handle and he never learns. I am far less angry than most people on here. Why does he not just accept he can do 3 gigs a week max?

You think he realises he can't do this kind of schedule? If that was true he wouldn't set 6 gigs in 8 days for October. He just won't compromise. How many of the rescheduled October dates will he be able to finish? Yet more misery awaits us.

It's not about money, he must be a millionaire by now. He plays small venues because they are better audiences, a better vibe. I get that. But how many more times must this voice thing happen before he starts doing bigger shows?

Yes, we love the small shows. He does too. But at what cost?

In terms of him realising about not being able to undertake so many gigs, i meant after the YOR tour, but I take your point. The time should be now, and as we all know, he's still bunching up dates later in the year.

On the money point, the fact that so many Smiths songs are in the setlist (6 at Manchester) shows that money is a big factor IMHO. Take 'How Soon Is Now', 'This Charming Man', 'Girlfriend In a Coma' out of that set list and bang in 'Mama', 'Alsatian Cousin', 'Nobody Loves Us' and 'Lost', I guarantee that over time he wouldn't sell as many tickets for the tour although the setlist would be more balanced. Again, IMHO.

Morrissey nearly went bankrupt in 2002, and there's a recession on. So when Moz is zimmering around Dublin for Guinness, Rome for Vegetarian Pizzas, or Manchester for Meatball Marinana's in Subway, he needs a fair warchest for retirement if he goes now and lives on for another 20 years. Come on, have you seen the price of his shirts? ;)

Tags
what's a troxy?
Back
Top Bottom