Troxy postponed to October

Re: hmmmm

:confused:

Do you realise 50andIll just registered to post this thread?

We'd better wait for an official confirmation from SeeTickets / Ticketmaster and Morrissey's management.

boy is your face red.

Even though i heard it from here. i would still believe cause it's only obvious he would cancel. at least this is a day advance unlike R.A.H.

A statement printed in todays Manchester Evening News, on the Salisbury show read "Morrissey is on doctor's orders to postpone the show, to ensure a complete recuperation". I would be very surprised if he then goes ahead and plays Mile End on Tuesday?

What's sad is that with a complete recuperation, it still means he could cancel. how many times have we heard this only to be let down a week later.

In terms of him realising about not being able to undertake so many gigs, i meant after the YOR tour, but I take your point. The time should be now, and as we all know, he's still bunching up dates later in the year.

On the money point, the fact that so many Smiths songs are in the setlist (6 at Manchester) shows that money is a big factor IMHO. Take 'How Soon Is Now', 'This Charming Man', 'Girlfriend In a Coma' out of that set list and bang in 'Mama', 'Alsatian Cousin', 'Nobody Loves Us' and 'Lost', I guarantee that over time he wouldn't sell as many tickets for the tour although the setlist would be more balanced. Again, IMHO.

Morrissey nearly went bankrupt in 2002, and there's a recession on. So when Moz is zimmering around Dublin for Guinness, Rome for Vegetarian Pizzas, or Manchester for Meatball Marinana's in Subway, he needs a fair warchest for retirement if he goes now and lives on for another 20 years. Come on, have you seen the price of his shirts? ;)

He should have realised when he made a mess of the Roundhouse! 6 gigs in 7 nights was always going to be a bust and thus it proved. Here we are 18 months later and he's still making the same mistakes. It's frustrating when he appears to be so stubborn. People are losing money every time this happens.

Your setlist suggestion is a bit daft tho - if you want a more balanced setlist that's Moz solo and no Smiths it's more realistic to suggest Disappointed, Speedway, Guilty and a few from Ringleader (which we, inexplicably get nothing of)... even your casual Moz fan is not going to know Alsation Cousin etc. There's not enough hardcore per town to fill a town hall, let alone a larger place, if he plays really obscure stuff.

Regardless of whether we prefer Moz solo to Smiths (I know I do) you cannot deny that HSIN etc are fantastic records, deserve to be played and fit completely in the setlist. IMHO too ;)

How do you know he nearly went bankrupt in 2002? He lived in a house worth many millions just off Sunset, he's not struggling for cash. Mind you, you're right, them Gucci shirts aren't cheap :p

does the ticket stay valid for the october date..i have the tixs from ebay
he sent it to me
so its in mz posession but since he has bought it ionlz he can give me a refund or do swap the ticket for a new one with the printed date where he bought it from-seetickets

i ddi pay like 70 pound for it:mad:

im not sure if i can attend the october date i ddi everzything to come here before i left several things happened which had better let me stay home to solve them but i did go...

does the ticket valid for October date?
I have the tix from ebay
The seller sent it to me
It's in my posession but since he bought it.
He can give me a refund or do swap the ticket for a new one with the printed date where he bought it from SeeTickets.

I paid like 70 pound for it:mad:

I'm not sure if i can attend rescheduled October date.
I did everything to come here before I left several things happened which had better let me stay home to solve them, but I did go...

You have three options:

1 Negotiate the seller to refund you
2 Arrange to come to London in October
3 Find a buyer of your ticket

However, reading your post you should ask the seller to refund because you didn't expect the gig would be postponed until October.

I bought tickets from other user of this site.
I'll ask if he'd like to have them back or not.

You have three options:

1 Negotiate the seller to refund you
2 Arrange to come to London in October
3 Find a buyer of your ticket

However, reading your post you should ask the seller to refund because you didn't expect the gig would be postponed until October.

I bought tickets from other user of this site.
I'll ask if he'd like to have them back or not.
yah but often tixs stay valid and you can use them for the postponed date
or you have to get them print out for the new date printed with hte new date on it on other occasions ..I.wonder what of both posssibilities is the case here...hope seetixs or ticketmaster does give some info on it to othersellers who can tell that here ..would be good to know
yeah i have emailed him, of course, but him being ebay seller you never know if he will give me an refund...

sitting in an crapz internetcafe,,sad....familar tyhough..roundhouse was happenign to me as well

Last edited:
poor elizabeth (scottishblood) was planning to fly down from scotland if she haddnt heard anything .. i hope she heard in time

I am currently languishing in an internet cafe in Charing Cross.:(
I popped along to the Troxy this morning as I didn't have any internet access so was still unsure about the cancellation. The office staff confirmed it and then I had a wander around inside and took a few pictures. It is a lovely venue and would have been a great gig. Lets hope Brixton is still on. Roundhouse was cancelled on me too, so I'm familiar with wandering around London trying to pass the day. A stiff drink is called for :)

eBay seller

yeah but often tickets are valid and you can use them for the postponed date.
or you have to get them print out for the new date printed with hte new date on it on other occasions.
I wonder what of both posssibilities apply to the case like this.
Hope seetixs or ticketmaster does give some info to customers who can tell that here. would be good to know
yeah i have emailed him, but him being ebay seller you never know if he will give me an refund...

:confused:

I never buy tickets from an eBay seller who does not have good feedbacks from other eBay users.

You are from Germany, keep insisting that you won't be able to travel in October due to work commitment etc.

He should have realised when he made a mess of the Roundhouse! 6 gigs in 7 nights was always going to be a bust and thus it proved. Here we are 18 months later and he's still making the same mistakes. It's frustrating when he appears to be so stubborn. People are losing money every time this happens.

Your setlist suggestion is a bit daft tho - if you want a more balanced setlist that's Moz solo and no Smiths it's more realistic to suggest Disappointed, Speedway, Guilty and a few from Ringleader (which we, inexplicably get nothing of)... even your casual Moz fan is not going to know Alsation Cousin etc. There's not enough hardcore per town to fill a town hall, let alone a larger place, if he plays really obscure stuff.

Regardless of whether we prefer Moz solo to Smiths (I know I do) you cannot deny that HSIN etc are fantastic records, deserve to be played and fit completely in the setlist. IMHO too ;)

How do you know he nearly went bankrupt in 2002? He lived in a house worth many millions just off Sunset, he's not struggling for cash. Mind you, you're right, them Gucci shirts aren't cheap :p

I don't think my set list suggestion is 'a bit daft'. They're just three tracks I picked that haven't been played for sometime to make the point. If you don't know Alsatian Cousin (which he played in 2002 at the RAH gigs), the first track on his first solo album, you really can't be classed even a casual fan IMHO. I think your three track suggestions are a bit daft tbh, seeing Speedway is the 7th most played track live of all time for Moz (Speedway - 186 times), and the other two suggestions were played regularly on the ROTT tour only just over a year ago. A lot of even the casual fans want the set list refreshing.

Rumour has it that Morrissey did not pay many of his roadies from the self promoted 2002 tour due to cashflow problems and not having a record deal for 5 years. If you can't pay the staff for a tour, you aren't exactly rolling in it.

Last edited:
I don't think my set list suggestion is 'a bit daft'. They're just three tracks I picked that haven't been played for sometime to make the point. If you don't know Alsatian Cousin (which he played in 2002 at the RAH gigs), the first track on his first solo album, you really can't be classed even a casual fan IMHO. I think your three track suggestions are a bit daft tbh, seeing Speedway is the 7th most played track live of all time for Moz (Speedway - 186 times), and the other two suggestions were played regularly on the ROTT tour only just over a year ago. A lot of even the casual fans want the set list refreshing.

Rumour has it that Morrissey did not pay many of his roadies from the self promoted 2002 tour due to cashflow problems and not having a record deal for 5 years. If you can't pay the staff for a tour, you aren't exactly rolling in it.

Of let's say 1500 capacity venues how many are like us, proper hardcore? 100? 200? He can't play gigs for 100 people. Half the people at any Moz gig are Smiths fans only who know Suedehead and EILS. 90% of the remainder have his greatest hits and YATQ onwards. Alsation Cousin? We know it, your average Moz fan knows the singles.

Speedway hasn't been played since 2002 has it? So the entire fanbase he picked up after YATQ has never heard it live. Btw, I picked that one cos the last line is my tattoo ;)

If sentences start 'rumour has it' I pretty much stop taking it seriously after that point. His public life is filled with rumour, if we don't know what to believe it's better to err on the side of caution. I know for a fact (happy to expand on that), not rumour, that his LA house was worth several million pounds, he's not short of a bob or two.

Of let's say 1500 capacity venues how many are like us, proper hardcore? 100? 200? He can't play gigs for 100 people. Half the people at any Moz gig are Smiths fans only who know Suedehead and EILS. 90% of the remainder have his greatest hits and YATQ onwards. Alsation Cousin? We know it, your average Moz fan knows the singles.

Speedway hasn't been played since 2002 has it? So the entire fanbase he picked up after YATQ has never heard it live. Btw, I picked that one cos the last line is my tattoo ;)

If sentences start 'rumour has it' I pretty much stop taking it seriously after that point. His public life is filled with rumour, if we don't know what to believe it's better to err on the side of caution. I know for a fact (happy to expand on that), not rumour, that his LA house was worth several million pounds, he's not short of a bob or two.

Have a look at 'some', not just one, 'some' of his road crew posting the news story on here after the tour finished, it was pretty much confirmed. Not 100% as no court case came to light, which is why i started the line in that way. Personally, I like the odd rumour or two, I think life would be pretty dull if everything had to be black and white.

Morrissey listed his house for around 3.5 million pounds when he sold it, yet really this was one of the few possesions he had to sell, with him destroying most of his Smiths memorabilia. He was living off Smiths/Solo royalties for the whole 5 years he didn't have a record deal, which wouldn't have been a huge amount.

I think I will leave it at that as we are going off the topic of the thread, happily PM me if you like.

Have a look at 'some', not just one, 'some' of his road crew posting the news story on here after the tour finished, it was pretty much confirmed. Not 100% as no court case came to light, which is why i started the line in that way. Personally, I like the odd rumour or two, I think life would be pretty dull if everything had to be black and white.

Morrissey listed his house for around 3.5 million pounds when he sold it, yet really this was one of the few possesions he had to sell, with him destroying most of his Smiths memorabilia. He was living off Smiths/Solo royalties for the whole 5 years he didn't have a record deal, which wouldn't have been a huge amount.

I think I will leave it at that as we are going off the topic of the thread, happily PM me if you like.

If you're right, and fair enough if you are, that was 6 years ago. He has a record deal and is 3 albums and many gigs down the road now. I would wager his financial situation has improved. Oh I don't mind the odd rumour, I like to hear em but believing them is another thing!

And the house is worth twice that - yes, not a rumour, but confirmation from a friend in LA who has been in it. Not when he lived there but when it was owned by the previous owner. He's got plenty of money - he wouldn't be charging £30 otherwise! Most of his peers with the same level of back catalogue charge 45 at least.

I think we're still in the spirit of the thread ;)

Does anyone know roughly how long it will take to get a date for October? I bought the tickets off ebay and I'm not sure whether I should contact my seller or not. I can go in October, but do the tickets need to be exchanged with a different date on them?

I don't know how long any of you were planning to be in the East End, but I know about a squat party on Friday night, if anyone's that way inclined, or a pub crawl on Saturday night, both around Whitechapel/Bethnal Green area. Message me for details.

Tags
what's a troxy?
Back
Top Bottom