Link from an anonymous person:

100 Years - true-to-you.net
9 December 2016

39475_lonely_are_the_brave_kirk_2.jpg

"A very happy 100th birthday wish to the best of the best, Kirk Douglas,
... too good for Hollywood ..."

Morrissey
9 December 2016.

Yes, Morissey's interest in Kirk Douglas is a homoerotic one. As a heterosexual guy, I can't see what's so special about Douglas; to me he looks ugly. I have a mental template for recognising handsome guys based on Tyrone Power! Basically my mum always swooned over him when I was a kid and that where it comes from. If a guy doesn't fit that mould, I don't get it. To me Brad Pitt looks plain. Matt Damon is another one verging on ugly in my eyes . I can see George Clooney is handsome, though, because fits the Tyrone Power frame.
Hmm, now George Clooney is one who quite likely is up to some dodgy business, if we're going there, as we have been forced to by many posters above.

Either way, he's OVERRATED.

I really don't even know where to start...Some of these posts on this thread, I am embarassed for you. What kind of circles do you socialize in where it is ok to talk about a man's sexuality the way you have? Let me guess, you don't live in a mansion or work on Wall Street. Have some pride in your self. Morrissey is such a gentlemen and you should treat him that way.

My issue is not with Kirk Douglas turning a 100. My issue is the lack of respect people have on this site for people who have lived many, many years; that have undoubtedly been filled with great happiness and great sorrow, as well as great accomplishments (whether they are to your particular liking or not).

There's a difference between an opinion, and flat-out disrespect.

I should expect nothing more from 95% of the low-lifes of this site, that have neither intelligence, or contributing posts.

I usually don't get bothered by the mindless trolls on here, but I'm a little irked. There are about 5 people that contribute to this site that show they have, and can indeed, use their brain. Those people are usually the most despised.

There will be a day in the future when you are old, and you might just feel like you've earned some respect. Grow up people.

Because as my tag says....those who don't know, don't know, they don't know.

You must really have an issue with this disrespectful guy :

Morrissey – Get Off The Stage

Oh, you silly old man
You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

Morrissey isn't gay - he just likes movies about gladiators.

You must really have an issue with this disrespectful guy :

Morrissey – Get Off The Stage

Oh, you silly old man
You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

Wrong.

Morrissey is singing about someone 'purportedly' being around 50 to 60, and singing on stage still, and perhaps making a fo0l of himself, when compared to this singers former days. This might be 'mean spirited', but he is using fact and his own opinion. Granted, this could border on disrespect, but at least he has an argument.

This
is a valid argument; that maybe it is time to let the past go, and move on. A move, Morrissey, to some, unfortunately hasn't taken his own, earlier sung about, advice.

Morrissey's point in this song, is not solely singing about this 'person' being old. He is singing about him being 'old' and continuing to perhaps live in the past. He is making a connection, whether right, or wrong, about aging and the continuance of profession.

What I am arguing against, is the people who are just trashing Kirk Douglas because he made it to the age of 100. Plastic surgery comments? Really? Kirk Douglas isn't trying to make movies from the 60's in his 100's. He was just celebrating a well-deserved milestone birthday of a 100. There is no reason to be disrespectful towards that. There is absolutely no justification for it. It's just being mean.

Nice try, though. Why don't you register, so your ridiculous rebuttal can be attributed to a 'person', instead of hiding behind 'anonymous'.

Wrong.

Morrissey is singing about someone 'purportedly' being around 50 to 60, and singing on stage still, and perhaps making a fo0l of himself, when compared to this singers former days. This might be 'mean spirited', but he is using fact and his own opinion. Granted, this could border on disrespect, but at least he has an argument.

This
is a valid argument; that maybe it is time to let the past go, and move on. A move, Morrissey, to some, unfortunately hasn't taken his own, earlier sung about, advice.

Morrissey's point in this song, is not solely singing about this 'person' being old. He is singing about him being 'old' and continuing to perhaps live in the past. He is making a connection, whether right, or wrong, about aging and the continuance of profession.

What I am arguing against, is the people who are just trashing Kirk Douglas because he made it to the age of 100. Plastic surgery comments? Really? Kirk Douglas isn't trying to make movies from the 60's in his 100's. He was just celebrating a well-deserved milestone birthday of a 100. There is no reason to be disrespectful towards that. There is absolutely no justification for it. It's just being mean.

Nice try, though. Why don't you register, so your ridiculous rebuttal can be attributed to a 'person', instead of hiding behind 'anonymous'.

^^ THIS ^^
Post of the month and a strong competitor with the other eleven months for post of the year.
Hey, that competition doesn't even exist here, was searching for it. :(
Cheers Senior Life! :thumb:

I really don't even know where to start...Some of these posts on this thread, I am embarassed for you. What kind of circles do you socialize in where it is ok to talk about a man's sexuality the way you have? Let me guess, you don't live in a mansion or work on Wall Street. Have some pride in your self. Morrissey is such a gentlemen and you should treat him that way.

All we've discussed is whether Morrissey's admiration for Kirk Douglas stems from sexual attraction towards the man in his prime. It's Morrissey who wrote an autobiography, including his romantic relations; it's Morrissey who made up a term to describe his own sexuality that people were naturally going to discuss.

You have a very high opinion those who work on Wall Street. I'm sorry we're not living up to their saintly standards, but I don't think I'll be seeking my moral guidance from Wall Street any time soon.

You see Morrissey through rose tinted glasses. He certainly hasn't acted like a gentleman on too many occasions to mention. One that sticks in the throat his is tactless point about fast food restaurants serving meat, in response to a massacre in Norway. The last thing the grieving needed was some pop star prat in the headlines trying to conflate the issue with meat consumption. Did you turn a blind eye this, er, gentleman then?

Try thinking for yourself instead of being such a syck0phant...

All we've discussed is whether Morrissey's admiration for Kirk Douglas stems from sexual attraction towards the man in his prime. It's Morrissey who wrote an autobiography, including his romantic relations; it's Morrissey who made up a term to describe his own sexuality that people were naturally going to discuss.

You have a very high opinion those who work on Wall Street. I'm sorry we're not living up to their saintly standards, but I don't think I'll be seeking my moral guidance from Wall Street any time soon.

You see Morrissey through rose tinted glasses. He certainly hasn't acted like a gentleman on too many occasions to mention. One that sticks in the throat his is tactless point about fast food restaurants serving meat, in response to a massacre in Norway. The last thing the grieving needed was some pop star prat in the headlines trying to conflate the issue with meat consumption. Did you turn a blind eye this, er, gentleman then?

Some of the comments have been very crude and meant to be demeaning, it won't get you a table at the 21 Club.

Well we do have them in all sorts. Sycophants, I mean.
You don't mind saying me you are one yourself than?
Only "discussing" ?
Senior Life never said he was against any criticism at all.

Of course it was Morrissey, who did this and that and sometimes was obviously wrong, with his heart on his tongue.
That is something completely different than anonymously spreading around your vile hatred.
I could have taken your comment seriously, if there was any, something of an appreciation of him as an artist, but there wasn't.
Which begs the question why do you even care?
Never heard a good argument.

Last edited:
he kind of is! i might be being unfair to him, as i've never really seen him in anything, and he might be a very nice man, for all i know. i just dont like his face. something about his thick grey skin.

Well I suppose I am lucky than you don't know how my skin looks.
Not ashamed about it but the thought you wouldn't like me just because of my skin makes me feel sad.

Well I suppose I am lucky than you don't know how my skin looks.
Not ashamed about it but the thought you wouldn't like me just because of my skin makes me feel sad.
gerrit!!! dont say that! i wouldnt dislike you because of your skin, not even if you had a face full of broken blood vessels as is often seen in english gents! it's just a particular thing i have with george clooney, a general feeling of dislike which seems to be best represent by his particular skin. it's nothing for you to be sad about. i lovvvvvvvvvvvvve youuuuuuuuuuuu.

gerrit!!! dont say that! i wouldnt dislike you because of your skin, not even if you had a face full of broken blood vessels as is often seen in english gents! it's just a particular thing i have with george clooney, a general feeling of dislike which seems to be best represent by his particular skin. it's nothing for you to be sad about. i lovvvvvvvvvvvvve youuuuuuuuuuuu.

I love you too.
You made me happy!

<3
i am glad! but we best not carry on this conversation or we might be reprimanded again :p

Indeed. :p
Although I don't care if Kewpie reprimands me.
I like her. She's okay. :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom