TTY: Gail Shea in search of a new hobby

a) "Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea"

So I guess wishing death on humans is OK then, but animals most certainly not.

b) "...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

Wait. What? Morrissey is taking the piss out of someone for being fat? Jesus f***ing Christ. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. Seriously Morrissey, f*** off, and lay off the vodka.

f***s sake.

I honestly can't remember. I remember them because they were using some pretty frank language about Morrissey's hot dad bod, and it seemed as if they thought they might get onto the bus with him or something. All I know is that he was very warm to me, and the next night he grabbed my hand at the stage and didn't let go for nearly the entire song.

Any male or female artist with any self respect would have ignored those two. Even though i belive Morrissey has issues with women, this is a justifiable situation to ignore women. Glad you had such a nice experience. He does seem to be warmer towards those who treat him as a human being, boys or girls. Very shallow speech amongst those girls. Btw have those girls heard his songs, did they know groupies are in his eyes are slags

Hey, don't bring dwarfs into this! Morrissey has never been heightist - in fact Johnny Marr is barely 5 foot tall, and he didn't hold that against him.
He loves all the little people!*

(*Well, except if said dwarves are fat, female, Chinese or meat eaters, obviously - but a guy has to have SOME standards. Sheesh!)

Morrissey is not a heighist. In fact he surronds himself with teeny people like Johnny. Makes him feel big

Morrissey is not a heighist. In fact he surronds himself with teeny people like Johnny. Makes him feel big

i see humans.jpg

The dude has SERIOUS body image issues. As someone pointed out earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of self-loathing going on here - especially as he was skinny as hell during the Smiths/early solo years. Maybe once he got the inevitable middle age bloat, some throw away review in 2009 (or whenever) said he was chubby, and he's been spitting back bile at the world ever since. He should just let it go, chillax, and let his waistline go if he wants. Anyone who judges others by their size is an idiot.

it almost certainly does have something to do with how he sees himself. i mean, in autobiography he also has lines like

"I catch sight of myself in an enormous camera lens and I look fat. But if I hadn’t noticed fatness I would have noticed
something far worse."

"‘You know Morrissey’s here when you can’t get into your own dressing room,’ he announces on
air (and this is not because I am inside pulling at the door handle). I feel fat and ugly"

"Over and over I watch Kirk Douglas in Two Weeks in Another Town, waking at odd hours of the night thinking
that I am him. But I am not. His belly is flat and mine is fat"

so to all the fatties of the world, don't worry, all the nasty things morrissey says about you is just him deflecting from his own body image issues.

This website seems to me to be a fair an accurate reflection of how Morrissey himself handles himself in public. Morrissey uses childish, playground insults and wishes death and injury on people all the time. He can, and does, dish it out on a regular basis.

If this was a website devoted to the Dalai Lama or someone, you might have a point about posters lacking decorum. But Morrissey? Are you for reals? This is the world he inhabits, and the language he uses, time and again.

it really does not reflect. Unless you see whole in what is actually broken. M's arguments/criticisms can NOT
be compared to the way the 'fans' on here criticize him. It IS two different things. Please see my other posts.

ITS ALL A MATTER OF CONTEXT. peace.

What? Just because I love his music doesn't mean that I would want to spend long afternoons with him. (Well, more than once or twice.)
On my end though, when I met him he was kind and charming, with that wit and sarcasm we all know and love. But somewhere around YOR, he just
grew so damned curmudgeonly.

keep the hearth and heart warm... and open my friend...you never know when he might drop in again.

...because...' day or night...it makes no difference...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biSB3VljZiA :)

Last edited:
first cicada, then ketamine sun someone brings up multiple personalities and look who just happens to reappear? yes, sorrow of stamford bridge. the original username.

those gumshoes don't fit you... GIVE IT A REST.:straightface:

it almost certainly does have something to do with how he sees himself. i mean, in autobiography he also has lines like

"I catch sight of myself in an enormous camera lens and I look fat. But if I hadn’t noticed fatness I would have noticed
something far worse."

"‘You know Morrissey’s here when you can’t get into your own dressing room,’ he announces on
air (and this is not because I am inside pulling at the door handle). I feel fat and ugly"

"Over and over I watch Kirk Douglas in Two Weeks in Another Town, waking at odd hours of the night thinking
that I am him. But I am not. His belly is flat and mine is fat"

so to all the fatties of the world, don't worry, all the nasty things morrissey says about you is just him deflecting from his own body image issues.

yes... no one ever stops to wonder that HE may be the love interest in 'You're The One For Me' .... now, think on.

It goes much deeper, people,...much deeper.

keep the hearth and heart warm... and open my friend...you never know when he might drop in again.

...because...' day or night...it makes no difference...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biSB3VljZiA :)

That was the first performance I saw out of Morrissey. He was so out of place compared to the usual garbage on Hanging with eMpTy V.
It aired maybe a week or two after I was given a copy of Viva Hate for free from my local record store clerk who declared that I "needed this."
Great time to be introduced to Morrissey. He was everywhere and nowhere all at once.

I just keep hearing, "Kick the bride down the aisle, look at that cow," in my head when I read this thread.

He will not change, and he will not be nice.

...And while he was busy wishing for the death of somebody in Canada, someone he used to know died for real.

Hey, it isn't as if Peta and Vodka had died! (as, without those two managers, he wouldn't have had a career...)

But no time for reminiscing, one must write down the NYE setlist!!! So: "I know It's Over": before, or after "Hurt"?? (Well, you know, emotion, it's never as easy as it looks.)

I just keep hearing, "Kick the bride down the aisle, look at that cow," in my head when I read this thread.

Great song. It really speaks to the unforeseen consequences of feminism in modern life: "we want equal rights, but equal responsibilities? Never!"

Just for everyone to arrive back in reality ... It's a human being we talk about, not some fairy tale character.

You have to see such things in context. He hadn't been to South America in a while, in 2009 he gave very bad concerts, in 2010 he took a year off to write Autobiography and was in the media for that subspecies comment inspired by a threat here on this website, in 2011 he was put on stage at Glastonbury for no obvious reason other than he is "Morrissey", because it can barely be because of his "achievements" during the preceeding years, he opted for small concerts in the UK, threw David out a concert in Scandinavia, claimed to have a vigana and other nonsense. He could do with positive media. So he went to South America where people were actually waiting for him because they hadn't seen him for a while. It is no secret that it a takes a while to grasp what's in front of you. And the positive posts also on this website are mainly coming from peope who haven't yet seen him or only once or twice. People change their attitude with the fifth concert the latest unless they are part of that front row clique, which only sees themselves and the stage, while other people's view is pretty much disturbed by them in between. As you know, the hotel set up barriers outside and it gave Morrissey that rock star feeling that he loves so much. People had waiting for a long time however, he didn't just come outside there either, but people were naive enough about him and what he is about. Just recently I met two French native speakers who were horrified from their very bad experience with Morrissey that afternoon. They had somehow bought into these images created at places like South America, seemed to be relatively knew to the whole thing, but I could be wrong. From our conversation I gather that they thought that Morrissey is more about what I initially thought myself than what he is really about. I told them that that others experienced the same. They did? Yes. But that it was strange that it happened to them now, because of the bad book reviews. If Morrissey has bad press, he goes for the fan images, meets fans, has their picture taken, signs their arm, etc. The people whom he does this with are pretty much exchangeable even though those to whom it happens choose to feel very special. That's for me the most interesting part. Because there are so incredibly many people who are barely of the neglected type or suffer from depression, because such people are pretty bad in marketing themselves and they don't push themselves this much in the forefront either. But anyway, what I didn't consider when I spoke to the French native speakers that day was that he had the appearance on British television lined up as well as the announcement of that festival in South America where he'll no doubt get his beloved rock star treatment again and these American tour dates around the turn of the year. Enough to show his status off. I understood that when I went inside the venue for 10 Euros, the people who sold it to me almost didn't, because I declared that I wasn't willing to pay more. I am thankful that they gave it to me for this little however, because it was good for me to get to see the whole thing with the emotional distance that I surprisingly had as I was there. I never intended to actually go inside. I admire the two guys who sold off their tickets as quickly as they did. I hope I helped them a little with the things I told them about Morrissey, to understand what they had just experienced that day. I wish I had met somebody like this years ago, when I was similarly disappointed. When the overly positive reviews of that concert poured in, I hoped they didn't think they missed anything. In fact the guy who came on stage was the same arrogant guy whom they had had their experience with that afternoon. I wondered about that and thought that when he reads the bad book reviews he more likely than not only reads "greatest lyricist" or "great cultural influence" and he and his friends have experienced for thirty years now that whatever shit Morrissey comes up with, the show goes on. Like he is put on the stage at Glastobury, put in front of a camera and whatnot else. He is like a bad politician that never goes away, because of the support he gets from his political party. And like the bad politicians who hand out goodies just before elections, Morrissey hands out candies to people who then choose to feel special. It works, because then people like you can post such images of people who have been treated oh so wunderfully by these people and you love him so much for what he has done to you personally, quite frankly giving quite a shit what he does to others, who cares, as long as you are well off and enjoying yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the first performance I saw out of Morrissey. He was so out of place compared to the usual garbage on Hanging with eMpTy V.
It aired maybe a week or two after I was given a copy of Viva Hate for free from my local record store clerk who declared that I "needed this."
Great time to be introduced to Morrissey. He was everywhere and nowhere all at once.

sweet story... 'psst, hey kid, Come here...you NEED this.' Wish that happened more often to people.

As regards to Hanging... I was there... of course...hanging about 3 feet off the ground !, high on love. :)

Last edited:
You have to see such things in context. He hadn't been to South America in a while, in 2009 he gave very bad concerts, in 2010 he took a year off to write Autobiography and was in the media for that subspecies comment inspired by a threat here on this website, in 2011 he was put on stage at Glastonbury for no obvious reason other than .............................

Is this your.. novella? If it was any longer I might have actually been tempted to read it. But on this site your kind of insults or should I say 'insights' are ALWAYS warmly welcomed. :straightface:

Last edited:
...And while he was busy wishing for the death of somebody in Canada, someone he used to know died for real.

Hey, it isn't as if Peta and Vodka had died! (as, without those two managers, he wouldn't have had a career...)

But no time for reminiscing, one must write down the NYE setlist!!! So: "I know It's Over": before, or after "Hurt"?? (Well, you know, emotion, it's never as easy as it looks.)

oh honey, ............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPy-Memj0vE

..... ' much more, than YOU'LL ever know'

I was the little fella with the messy hair and eyeliner, obsessed with The Cure. On this trip, they didn't have anything I didn't already own by them. I still remember looking at that gray cover with his knowing smirk, like he was in on a joke that I wasn't, (yet) and knowing that it would be important before I heard the first note. And then when I got out and hit play on my walkman? I made it a block before I sat down on the sidewalk and listened to the whole thing. I mean for f***'s sake, the opening line of that album? I was sold for life before the song was halfway over. A great intro, like I said. So many good tracks on that one, with lyrics from the crushing to the hilarious.

I was the little fella with the messy hair and eyeliner, obsessed with The Cure. On this trip, they didn't have anything I didn't already own by them. I still remember looking at that gray cover with his knowing smirk, like he was in on a joke that I wasn't, (yet) and knowing that it would be important before I heard the first note. And then when I got out and hit play on my walkman? I made it a block before I sat down on the sidewalk and listened to the whole thing. I mean for f***'s sake, the opening line of that album? I was sold for life before the song was halfway over. A great intro, like I said. So many good tracks on that one, with lyrics from the crushing to the hilarious.

:thumb:yes ! .. touching. Moments like that that make up life for people like us. Unfortunately so few will EVER KNOW. blessed? ... WE ARE BLESSED. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom