TTY: Israel, Turkey Morrissey concerts in August 2016; new photomontages by SER

As announced on TTY:

Morrissey Israel - true-to-you.net
27 May 2016

Morrissey will play two concerts in Israel in August.

Morrissey in Turkey - true-to-you.net
27 May 2016

Morrissey will play one major arena date in Istanbul, Turkey in August.

38718_nfp8.jpg

'Nobody for President: Nico' photomontage by
Sam Esty Rayner

38707_nfp9.jpg

'Nobody for President: Oscar Wilde's grave' photomontage by
Sam Esty Rayner

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boycott apartheid Israel.
Maybe if someone told him Israelis refer to the Palestinians as animals he'd not be totally deaf to their suffering.

Did you play South Africa back in the day Moz? No you didn't.

The photo used for Nico's debut album Chelsea Girl, shot, incidentally, by Paul Morrissey. Great LP, shame about the flute though. But what has Nico got to do with the 2016 US presidential campaign? Or Jim Morrison, for that matter? (Or Morrissey...?)

i agree about Israel to. Their government is corrupt and evil. Does he know and not care or is he ignorant? It's disappointing but Morrissey is disappointing.

The photo used for Nico's debut album Chelsea Girl, shot, incidentally, by Paul Morrissey. Great LP, shame about the flute though. But what has Nico got to do with the 2016 US presidential campaign? Or Jim Morrison, for that matter? (Or Morrissey...?)

I love Nico. Not sure about the first two, but one of my favorite Nico songs is These Days:

"To live the life that I have made in song
It's just that I've been losing so long"

How quintessentially Morrissey.

People have there own reasons for liking or not something and I disagree with moz on many things and am aware of his last Israel connections and I'm not even saying a government totally represents it's people and maybe they play for people like against me did in North Carolina etc I don't know. I don't know what moz has to say about Israel or if he's said anything and then changed his mind I've again No idea. I do know that I dislike them very mjch. Those being there government and those that support it. More so than my usual dislike for what passes as standard accepted atrocious acts made in a government s name. This is also probably made an even more sore a point as my own country has in the past had such close ties

I never saw this before... he really comes across as an awkward weirdo. But, then again, it's an awkward and weird situation. Did he really say he'd play Syria because Syria isn't Assad but he won't play Canada because the Canadian government allows culling practices he doesn't approve of? Also, what's the point of attacking Madonna? I'm not a fan- not by a longshot- but, sheesh, why not just say "eh, she's not really my cup of tea."

Boycott apartheid Israel.
Maybe if someone told him Israelis refer to the Palestinians as animals he'd not be totally deaf to their suffering.

Did you play South Africa back in the day Moz? No you didn't.

I agree :thumb: f*** Israel and their genocide of the Palestinian people. Ugh Moz you have disappointed me once more :(

also, anyone who defends Israel can also go to hell, just saying

I never saw this before... he really comes across as an awkward weirdo. But, then again, it's an awkward and weird situation. Did he really say he'd play Syria because Syria isn't Assad but he won't play Canada because the Canadian government allows culling practices he doesn't approve of? Also, what's the point of attacking Madonna? I'm not a fan- not by a longshot- but, sheesh, why not just say "eh, she's not really my cup of tea."

He is an awkward weirdo. That's why all of his fans are awkward weirdos.

He should probably stop playing America due to its treatment of non combatants in Guantanamo.
But as everyone knows....he cares more about animals than he does people....so again....why play America?

He has his key to the city of Tel Aviv.
Manchester hasn't offered likewise...
He probably would refuse it.
Those arena shows in Turkey are fantastic. One can only hope the kidnappers from the movie Taken will snatch Gustavo when he ruins Speedway again...
Other rumored dates:
Damascus, Khartoum, Ulan Baator
Tikrit,
Lahore, Pakistan
Mogadishu
and a bombed out bunker in Khost, Afghanistan

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom