TTY: Israel, Turkey Morrissey concerts in August 2016; new photomontages by SER

As announced on TTY:

Morrissey Israel - true-to-you.net
27 May 2016

Morrissey will play two concerts in Israel in August.

Morrissey in Turkey - true-to-you.net
27 May 2016

Morrissey will play one major arena date in Istanbul, Turkey in August.

38718_nfp8.jpg

'Nobody for President: Nico' photomontage by
Sam Esty Rayner

38707_nfp9.jpg

'Nobody for President: Oscar Wilde's grave' photomontage by
Sam Esty Rayner

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on now. You're being OTT. Have you been to Gaza or an Arab state? You're just repeating what you hear on the news. Visit those countries before you say ignorant things. Israelis are lovely. The government is shite. Same goes for all Arab countries except for Saidi Arabia!

Springtime in Gaza is not my idea of the perfect vacation.
The Muslim world is lovely, lovely how men can have 4 wives and women are not allowed to drive.LOL
But its Israel that is bad.

You're being ignorant. The only country in the Muslim world that doesn't let women drive is Saudi Arabia. The country that you Americans are in bed with.

You're being ignorant. The only country in the Muslim world that doesn't let women drive is Saudi Arabia. The country that you Americans are in bed with.

in Saudi Arabia they cant drive at all, in the other countries only with men supervising them. quit promoting 12 century behavior. ffs
nowhere can you walk around with your boyfriend without being arrested.

'In Israel, anyone who buys a ticket can attend a concert.'

- Neil Tennant

I was wondering how long it would take to get down voted (for a statement/quote that is completely correct and inoffensive).

Took less than half an hour.

Where is the outrage over the Turkey gig? The Turkish government is killing Kurdish children. Why does Israel get so much shit? And how is any of this the fans ' fault?

Well done Moz for boycotting this ridiculous boycott!

Boycott apartheid Israel.
Maybe if someone told him Israelis refer to the Palestinians as animals he'd not be totally deaf to their suffering.

He says he plays for people, not governments, so I don't think he's deaf to their suffering. It's just that people in Israel don't necessarily support this. This may also mean that he doesn't believe boycotts are effective or justified. Also, though I haven't got any survey, I get the feeling that most Morrissey fans here in Israel don't support the government. Hell, I even doubt that most government supporters here even know who Morrissey is.

i agree about Israel to. Their government is corrupt and evil. Does he know and not care or is he ignorant? It's disappointing but Morrissey is disappointing.

You can't really make an assumption about a country you don't leave in. everybody see the "underdog" . Its kinda stupid of you to say things about something you don't actually know about.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom