TTY: Morrissey in Manchester: ticket update

And how many were purchased by the touts?:oops:

Obviously, I don't know, but why are you asking? Having touts hoover up your concert tickets isn't really a sign that your career is on the skids. They know what they're doing. Morrissey is always going to be a big draw in Manchester. Just wish he would pick a less shit venue.

TTY Update:

Morrissey in Manchester: ticket update - true-to-you.net
8 July 2016

11 thousand tickets for Morrissey's Manchester Arena show on 20 August have sold within the first two hours of on sale.
Further updates will follow.

8 July 2016

This is a joke 11000 tickets in your hometown and capacity is 21000. I'm from Vancouver Canada and even shitty Brian Adams can sell out his hometown with over 20000 what a joke Morrissey has become.

11 thousand tickets for Morrissey's Manchester Arena show on 20 August have sold within the first two hours of on sale.
Further updates will follow.
8 July 2016

I'm so happy for Morrissey and the other nice Irish man. I'd like to be there because it's Manchester.

Last edited:
Yeah - it's 'sold out' - but only because the touts have hoarded all the tickets to drive the price up. The last show at this venue was barely two-thirds full, so you'll be able to get a ticket for less than face value on the day as they cut their losses.

As for Istanbul - there's no way it's going ahead on the previously announced date. Maybe not at all, if security concerns are too high.

Congrats who has a ticket.

and yes Istsanbul is a 4 hour flight, but He must hire a plane, to get all the gear
in, and build it up, till a sound check the day after, late afternoon.

Reschedule might be logic

Anyway, enjoy the gigs

Yeah - it's 'sold out' - but only because the touts have hoarded all the tickets to drive the price up. The last show at this venue was barely two-thirds full, so you'll be able to get a ticket for less than face value on the day as they cut their losses.

As for Istanbul - there's no way it's going ahead on the previously announced date. Maybe not at all, if security concerns are too high.

The 'touts' are the promoters acting in collusion with the secondary re-sale ticket agencies. It's a standard ploy now: pretend there's a huge demand, create 'artificial scarcity' on day 1, sell all the shit seats to 'fans' then flog the remaining good tickets closer to show-time to the casual punter. Expect fairly desperate attempts from Morrissey to get media face-time to ensure the venue doesn't remain half-full. Or, like last time at that venue , they'll just give tickets away for free in the days before the show.

It's 4 years since Morrissey played in his supposed 'home town' (though that gambit is used for LA as well). On day 1, just over half the tickets were supposedly sold (11k out of venue capacity of 22k). I'd estimate that perhaps 7k were sold to actual real people, the rest were siphoned off to the secondary ticketing agencies.

When the Stone Roses can sell out multiple nights of large venues easily, without having made an album for 2 decades, I don't think it takes a genius to discern where Morrissey ranks on the league table of local heroes. If Morrissey re-formed The Smiths they could sell out mutliple nights so all the losers could tick them off their bucket list, but as a 'so-low' solo act/karaoke tribute to himself, this poor opening day ticket sales is to be expected. Like last time, the foil of 'only show of the year' is meant to drive traffic from Scotland and Ireland but there's no real sign of that happening.

It will be a hilarious gig if he has the audacity to play WPINOYB "each time you vote you support the process' he will wail as us Brexiteers laugh at the numpty Punk Boomer who sided with the Globalist Establishment with his pseudo-nihilist apatheticism. Seriously, what a total wanker. The EU Referendum was the most epochal event since the 2nd World War for us Brits and that tax-avoiding ex-pat prat Morrissey kept his bitch trap shut to avoid alienating his consumer base in Scotland and Ireland. If he ever sings about England again he should be pelted with rotten tomatoes.

f*** Morrissey.

Congrats who has a ticket.

and yes Istsanbul is a 4 hour flight, but He must hire a plane, to get all the gear
in, and build it up, till a sound check the day after, late afternoon.

Reschedule might be logic

Anyway, enjoy the gigs

Or he could just travel separately from the crew. Not exactly insurmountable is it.

More evidence that he's all washed up, fan base deserted him, career over etc, etc - right, Bummie?

Glad to see you have all moved on to complaining about ticket prices on secondary market and whether or not it is really sold out. :thumb:

Forget this lot Morrissey, come back to the US, we just want to hear you sing and whip that microphone cord.

Any proxyzine ticket update yet concerning the cancelled Istanbullshit performance yet ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Glad to see you have all moved on to complaining about ticket prices on secondary market and whether or not it is really sold out. :thumb:

Forget this lot Morrissey, come back to the US, we just want to hear you sing and whip that microphone cord.

It isn't sold out, you numpty. 11k sold of 22k. Massive over-reach but a welcome slap in the face of the vain poseur Morrissey. Can't even sell out an arena in his home city after a gap of 4 years. LOL!

Last year he did gigs on consecutive days in different US states.

Right, but the truck and road crew can drive through the night and arrive the following morning to setup going across a US state or two. That is not possible between Istanbul and Manchester.

:clap: :laughing: L O L !
You're welcome to him Buckweed, oh he's sold out alright :laughing: I can't wait to see his face when he walks out at the ' homecoming ' to sing " losing in front of your home crowd I wish the ground would open up and take me and the mowers down " .
I hope he performs Our Crank before he walks off stage in a hissy. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:laughing: Funny isn't ! You've all had a good laugh at me and others on here for explaining CrankFraudism and Steven and yet here we are 11,000 tickets allegedly sold in his hometown!
Well you're not laughing now are you ? :tiphat:
The people of Great Britian have voted for Mozzxit. They have decided not to support the CrankFraud process, let us trigger article 50 tomorrow and throw him in the sea once an for all.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Right, but the truck and road crew can drive through the night and arrive the following morning to setup going across a US state or two. That is not possible between Istanbul and Manchester.

Acts having to fly between gigs on successive nights is hardly unheard of.

This is a joke 11000 tickets in your hometown and capacity is 21000. I'm from Vancouver Canada and even shitty Brian Adams can sell out his hometown with over 20000 what a joke Morrissey has become.

Ahhhhhhh. I grew up on Brian Adams. Run to You, Summer of 69, It's Only Love, etc. I had the cassette Cuts Like a Knife and I loved it :D :rock: :guitar::handok: :thumbsup: :scissors: :knife:

Istanbul show finishes 10pm
Load out till midnight
drive truck to airport, load plane by 3am
Fly to Manchester arrive 7am
Venue by 8am
Load in by 10am
Set up by 12
Soundcheck by 2pm

If there's no travel hitches it's perfectly do-able, but I do recall this shower missing a show in Greece because they were 'delayed' in Dublin.

More evidence that he's all washed up, fan base deserted him, career over etc, etc - right, Bummie?

He still has his delusional cult 'fans', what's intereting is that his customer base is clearly shrinking. Or dying off of old age. He is all washed up, he's beclowned. But I can't wait for the next act in his career circus. He is indeed totally careerist. This 'national cult convention' is purely to try and prove to record labels he still has pulling power. As first day sales show, he hasn't. And record companies will have done their private polling and know that the only reason most people go to see 'Morrissey' is to tick him off their bucket list of old Boomer 'rock stars'. He's on a list between Elton John & Rod Stewart and as depressingly obvious and irrelevant. I trust this reply is helpful to you.

Yes thats right, forget the majority that didn't moan about the price and and happily paid to see him.. US this US that, *yawn*

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom