TTY: Morrissey in Manchester: ticket update

A brief return to this wasteland, usual numpty suspects like Ketamine Sun desperately trying to get noticed by tugging at my hem. Dismal level of 'debate'. Nearly everyone with a brain has jumped ship and now furiously denies they ever Liked Morrissey. I find the denouement fascinating, but not THAT fascinating. So I'll retire to the shadows to watch as Ketamine Sun spends today trying to think of a riposte that stops her smelling of fish.

I'll be back as & when the Twitter feed for this site indicates Morrissey has gone over the trenches again with some deranged rant that will entertain us for a while.

Many thanks to Benny The British Butcher for keeping up the bombardment. Easily the main reason to return here for a quick peak every day or so.

Bye folks. And most of you: Go f*** yourselves.

Cheers!

A brief return to this wasteland, usual numpty suspects like Ketamine Sun desperately trying to get noticed by tugging at my hem. Dismal level of 'debate'. Nearly everyone with a brain has jumped ship and now furiously denies they ever Liked Morrissey. I find the denouement fascinating, but not THAT fascinating. So I'll retire to the shadows to watch as Ketamine Sun spends today trying to think of a riposte that stops her smelling of fish.

I'll be back as & when the Twitter feed for this site indicates Morrissey has gone over the trenches again with some deranged rant that will entertain us for a while.

Many thanks to Benny The British Butcher for keeping up the bombardment. Easily the main reason to return here for a quick peak every day or so.

Bye folks. And most of you: Go f*** yourselves.

Cheers!

What an utter bell-end. (Or is it bellend, or bell end? Sorry, Sir).

Lets just state the truth here.

Lil' Sammy met a girl at USC film school that is going through her Smiths stage, so Uncle Steve is taking the both of them on a Manchester trip and that Smiths Manchester tour where they pass by Morrissey's boyhood home and then go kick objects between two sticks because Morrissey "plays" Sock er.

Lil' Sammy's feelings are more important than "our UK days are over" and the obvious..HUGE PAYDAY one off. It's a win win! Back of the net! Cats 1 Proddys 0. Lets riot!!!

Last edited:
Anonymous ' New Order have played the Arena. They decided to only sell standing and lower tier tickets. The upstairs was closed.'
Anonymous, Today at 5:02 AM Report

IP Hash: 6bbe0335a2

so as above anon posted. A way to sell out a place could be to close off some seating.

I didn't say they needed to open for M to help their already healthy careers. But they would benefit by the publicity for making such a strange decision to do so. It would also help M's if he opened for them, for the oddity of it, people would talk.

Yes in that context I see your point, bit like Summer of the 10th festival, when New Order and The Smiths played on the same bill. I do wish Morrissey would play some of the more interesting Manchester venues though. The place New Order played last week was amazing and is fast becoming 'the venue' to play, for summer gigs.

IMG_1787.JPG

Yes in that context I see your point, bit like Summer of the 10th festival, when New Order and The Smiths played on the same bill. I do wish Morrissey would play some of the more interesting Manchester venues though. The place New Order played last week was amazing and is fast becoming 'the venue' to play, for summer gigs.

View attachment 40370

I've been there many many times. It's been a venue for getting 20 years, but only recently regularly. However I'm glad I wasn't there the night new order played. It absolutely pissed down in Manchester that evening!

I'm back folks ! Yay !
Well I've just done a quick review of the boards since my absence and it's not looking good.
Very disappointed at the lack of updates concerning shit loads of tickets still available for Steve's homecoming performance. It really is disappointing for me on a personal level as I have lobbied Manchester City Council to show some recognition and honour our Steve with a key in a box for his homecoming performance. ( did you here they turned me down ! (( told me 4ck off)) They hate him apparently.)
Does anyone have any details yet for the after show wake ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I'm back folks ! Yay !
Well I've just done a quick review of the boards since my absence and it's not looking good.
Very disappointed at the lack of updates concerning shit loads of tickets still available for Steve's homecoming performance. It really is disappointing for me on a personal level as I have lobbied Manchester City Council to show some recognition and honour our Steve with a key in a box for his homecoming performance. ( did you here they turned me down ! (( told me 4ck off)) They hate him apparently.)

:tearsofjoy:

I'm back folks ! Yay !

I have to admit Benny, this place just wasn't as dysfunctional without you. Did you feel like the kid people played hide and seek with and left you in your hiding place?

Standing tickets for Manchester went back on sale again a few days ago, by the way. Almost as if the venue/promoter never sold out in the first place, but were trying their best to drive up demand for shitty seats and flog the standing tickets they'd never realised to the public in the first place for twice the price via Stubhub. Odd that, innit? :rolleyes:

question: if i get ticket from stubhub is it there a instant-printable version of it? or does it only work through f*cking post/mail ? (cause UK to Greece post = fail)

Not sure - but you can still buy seats and standing tickets via Ticketmaster for the Manchester show at the time of writing.

Standing tickets for Manchester went back on sale again a few days ago, by the way. Almost as if the venue/promoter never sold out in the first place, but were trying their best to drive up demand for shitty seats and flog the standing tickets they'd never realised to the public in the first place for twice the price via Stubhub. Odd that, innit? :rolleyes:

Just as BB called it then ! Ha ha laugh out very 4kn loud :laughing:

Next keep your eyes on the ball for Steven coming out with some outrageous statement via the proxyzine webshite true2nobody in the build up to Mozzxit at Manchester arena on August 20th in an attempt to flog/shift more tickets.

Wake up people .

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Oi numpty nephew ! Has uncle taken the reins off you ?
What's happened to the "more updates to follow"
I bet he's told Diesel to change the password and takeover future proxyzine webshite statements.
Anyway I digress.
Tru2Benny statement

Hold the line steady punters, do not purchase home coming performance tickets yet. The scalpers are not very happy with our Steven and his lacklustre performances. Prices are dropping daily so lots of bargains and freebies to be had on the day.
It's not meat free either so you won't have to be a pretender for the night.
Word of warning though Cancel is his middle name at the going of press. (It is Steven don't forget).

Hold the line people as BB has said this is going to be epic :guitar:

Enjoy

Still no updates following.

Many many tickets left hold the line people, Manchester Mozzxit is going to be a cheap night out.

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

Well here is a great update.
Eric Hartman is still with us, hope you're doing well Eric.
Missed your posts so much.

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

Manchester update !

Apparently you're all going to have to sign a legally binding contract with Steves manager on the way in if you plan on recording images/video footage of the homecoming performance.
I think it's to allow Steve and numpty nephew all rights to use your material to knock out a quick live DVD montage.
You are strictly forbidden from taking or posting pictures of the arena McDonalds open for business selling quarter pounders with cheese on the night of the performance.
Strictly no looking behind any black curtains before, during and after the performance.
Any sign of BtBB please tell Martin or security and the house lights will be raised so he can be pointed out.
All merchandise MUST be purchased from the official merch stall inside the arena anyone caught purchasing cheap knock off from Manc Scallywags outside will have their tat confiscated, photo I D taken and banned from all future performances.
Enjoy the show.

Just as BB called it then ! Ha ha laugh out very 4kn loud :laughing:

Next keep your eyes on the ball for Steven coming out with some outrageous statement via the proxyzine webshite true2nobody in the build up to Mozzxit at Manchester arena on August 20th in an attempt to flog/shift more tickets.

Wake up people .

Dr Jeremy Fine has had to get the first aid kit out now and patch up Steve with sticky plaster's.

Two ways to look at this now :

1) I'm in a bad way so get your arena homecoming performance ticket purchased it's my last performance yet again.

2) Preparing the ground to abort the homecoming performance altogether due to embarrassment at poor ticket sales. Yes the dreaded " C " word that munchkins hate CANCEL !

Strange deja-vu about London Olympics 2012 when there were some fun Troll Wars here with VH/NHNS/Skylarker/reality bites & Crystal Geezer. And there was a 'homecoming' MEN gig where the Cult were still clinging to the belief/hope that Morrissey wasn't a total fake/flake. Now? It seems almost everyone who was under his trance spell has woken up and smelt the stinking cheesy hypocrisy of his fake appropriation of Radical Art as his FMCG USP.

There's zero passion about this gig. I was offered a free ticket but after getting stuck on the M60 for 3 hours on my way home from E'bro the other day I can't even be arsed to drive up there for a freebie, even to mock the silly clown poseur with his Cancer-kitsch medical plasters as chic nonsense.

It will be just another lumpen gig where suburban casuals tick him off their bucket list which contains Paul McCartney, Ryan Adams, Green Day and loads of other utterly irrelevant but nice enough 'legends'. And that is what Morrissey is now. Nice. A nice little clownish troll who throws in a bit of fake controversy as spice to stop the punters actually falling asleep. Even if he were to announce on stage that he has a terminal diagnosis, who could actually care given the way he's behaved towards the random deaths of others?

I guess he might throw in a couple of 'new songs' which have probably been on the shelf since 2012 or are out-takes from WPINOYB. He was exposed as a delusional idiot over Cheesegate and Parisgate but like a semi-senile politician he blunders on as if he still has credibility when most now see him as a nice, sad, amusing Troll-Clown who seemed to be 4Real briefly when in The Smiths but is now revealed as just another useless Careerist wannabe rock star tosser.

I'll wait to see if someone offers me a lift. If they do, Manchester on a Sat night is fun now and again but I can't feel anything whatsoever about this gig, not even excitement at the prospect of mocking Morrissey.

The Smiths remain a fascinating brief eruption of primal energy that still sounds good if you ignore Morrissey's reputational implosion over the following decades. Some of his own Morrissey-Solo work as his own tribute act to The Smiths also sounds good on a good day when you've forgotten all his devious, truculent and unreliable nonsense. I'm pretty sanguine about still enjoying some of the music whilst excoriating the Crank-Fraud careerist who made it for profit. I don't care about the morals of prostitutes and rent boys who blow me so why should I care about the singing equivalent of a pole-dancer who I pay to cavort and trill like a gay little bird? Or used to pay. Not now. I'd never pay a single penny to watch him or listen to his music. Even 1p would be a waste.

Enjoy the gig if you can be arsed to go. And pass on my fondest 'f*** you Morrissey' regards to the singing troll Crank-Fraud who could have had it all but now watches helplessly as I tap and the alabaster falls....all that's left is the publication of Johnny Marr's Autobiography. Will he finally reclaim his legacy or keep up the diplomacy for a final £ pay-day when Morrissey has to drop his solo vaudeville karaoke act and re-form The Smiths as a democratic collective, which he lied when he claimed it was from the outset. f*** Morrissey.

BB

Oh dear Brummie. Another repackaged reissue of your originally flawed and flailing 7" scratchy demo.

It's just a man playing songs to people who want to hear them.

Oh dear Brummie. Another repackaged reissue of your originally flawed and flailing 7" scratchy demo.

It's just a man playing songs to people who want to hear them.

Indeed it is. And that's all it ever was. So much for Morrissey's claim to be an Artist. He's just another consumer jukebox for a drunken Saturday night out. No different to any other clownish entertainer on the make. Couldn't concur more.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom