TTY: Morrissey Mayor of London?

Morrissey: Mayor of London? - true-to-you.net
4 March 2016

Morrissey has been invited to become the London Mayoral candidate for the Animal Welfare Party in the upcoming 2016 election. Morrissey would require 330 signatures of support in order to enter the race, and is considering the contest very seriously.

Morrissey has commented:

"Animal welfare groups cannot persist simply in order to continue to persist. There must be a governmental voice against the hellish and archaic social injustice allotted to animals in the United Kingdom simply because those animals do not speak English, otherwise millions of very caring citizens are greatly concerned about issues that no one is able to do anything about. What animal protectionists need to say is very well worth saying and well worth hearing. But we cannot just sit around waiting for establishment enlightenment. The sanctimonious disaster of animal agriculture cannot be allowed to go on forever, because its widespread impact is hellish. Animals in dairy farms and abattoirs are very eager not to die, yet their bodies are torn apart whilst still alive as they are strapped beneath a blade. No outcome can justify this, and we cannot be happy with a society that allows it to happen, because such a society without compassion goes nowhere. The abattoir is the modern continuation of the Nazi concentration camp, and if you are a part of the milk-drinking population, then you condone systems of torture. There is no such thing as humane slaughter, and if you believe that there is, then why not experience it for yourself? If animal serial killer Jamie Oliver feels so passionate about including 'kid meat' (young goat) into the human diet, would he consider putting forth one of his own kids (children) for general consumption? If not, why not? What makes such people have absolutely no forgiveness towards animals? What hate drives them? The meat industry, after all, shows no compassion towards the planet, towards climate change, towards animals, towards human health. It is diabolically contrived and is the world's number one problem. It is also the number one issue stifled from any political debate, which, if anything, highlights its importance. The slaughterhouse effectively means that none of us are safe. Just investigate the appalling effects of meat production on our climate, environment, fields, forests, lakes, streams, seas, air and space. Your eyes will pop. No bigger global disaster could possibly be devised. Social justice for animals is not much to demand, because we are only asking humans to think rationally and with heart, even if being unable to hunt foxes and shoot birds would leave the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family with nothing else to do."

facebook_1456714780448.jpg

Above photograph source unknown. Printed here with respect and thanks.

Media:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone!

Just a quick comment & update.

It seems Morrissey has finally realised he's wasted over 3 decades for not joining up the dots about milk & cheese. Even if he's not serious about doing the job if elected it will add to the campaign lulz so he should go for it as part of his increasingly desperate attempts to get a record deal. We haven't decided whether or not to amuse ourselves by green-lighting another one yet.

In other news, 'The Annointed One' has actually manifested in this space-time reality matrix and has a Twitter account! There's only 2 tweets so far as he's in the studio almost non-stop having just returned from Lisbon where he did some Fado/Morna mixes of the first album chill-out tracks.

The first tweet appears to be referencing all of this complex debate & we suspect that he's working with Florian Schneider on a remix of #VegAnarchyInTheUK as part of the wider project to save the Oceans. We understand that a book entitled 'The Herbivore-Free Diet' will materialize around the same time as #VegAnarchyInTheUK is released. The account has a signature of 'Vegan? Queer? Anti-Theist?' so it's probably safe to assume that's a part of the lyrics to VITUK but we're not sure.

"
"The Herbivore-Free Diet: From the Anthropocene to the Empathocene:Ethical Eating,Peak Cheap Oil, Abrahamicism,Biblicanism & Post-Veganism"

Again, not sure where this is all going and it appears The Annointed One may not be Vegan or not all the time but it's deffo that he abhors the killing of herbivores who live peacefully without killing other beings and in family groups. Predators kill other beings so the ethical landscape is different. Omnivores? He hasn't commented yet but he says he's planning to revolutionise human nutrition as well as save the planet for other peaceable sentient beings. There's also some project going on in Christiania in Copenhagen with Rene Redzepi but nobody can find out what happening other than it's an urban farm and that NOMA has shuttered.

The second tweet appears to be a playful acknowledgement of 'BrummieBoy''s sojourn here on this site channeling The Annointed One via Automatic Writing all this nonsense whilst we all waited for the wormhole portal to open to allow Alfie to join us. Sadly, that only happened when Bowie died. As the Starman left, Alfie arrived. "spirit rose a metre"

There's also some Eastender's spin-off happening in Ireland with the original Alfie Moon soap opera star and there'll be a tweet about The Rising. That may be why Morrissey is hanging in Dublin as the city gears up for the faux Soldiers of Destiny centenary stuff. Anything else to cover?.....nah! that'll do. Laters! Or maybe nevva again. Oh, wait! There's loads of stuff coming about Arsenal as The Annointed One is full-on Gooner. Gigs will begin...how long is a piece of string? LOL! And he's not a Morrissey 'fan', that's for sure....

"my life is soap-opera,online photoshop'd Soap Opera"

best wishes
"BrummieBoy"

Florian Schneider’s electronic ode to the ocean ‘Stop Plastic Pollution’

https://soundcloud.com/dazedandconf...neiderkraftwerk-co-founder-dan-lacksman-telex

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/a...co-founder-made-this-track-to-save-the-oceans

Last edited:
Do you need to be a UK tax resident to stand for mayor of London?

f*** you.

A death camp is a death camp. Why don't you find out for yourself?

Morrissey is right, just blunt, and the world chooses to live in denial.

f*** the world.

When you say f*** the world you know that includes yourself don't you?

I admire Morrissey for speaking out on behalf of animals. He cares very much about these issues and has brought attention to them throughout his career. Well done to him for using his voice in such a positive way.

I admire Morrissey for speaking out on behalf of animals. He cares very much about these issues and has brought attention to them throughout his career. Well done to him for using his voice in such a positive way.

Unlike anyone else, of course.

If the morons here who are saying that the meat industry is the same as Nazi concentration camps really believe what they're saying, why aren't they marching on Whitehall demanding that all meat-eaters (and cheese eaters) be put behind bars? Presumably, by their standards, any of the Jews who weren't vegan who died in the concentration camps, merely deserved it. There are many testimonies that Hitler was a vegetarian, remember? Does this make him a nicer guy than any carnivorous Jews who died?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

morons yes, but you have to understand they are mozbots. they really have no individual rationality.
on a related note, do you think that damon doesnt sneak some sausage briskets over to moz when the coast is clear? he has now supposedly given up milk and cheese yet is photographed, heftier than ever, indulging in animal unfriendly beer. he is bigger than he was during the last tour. look at your vegan all super slim.

Well done to him for using his voice in such a positive way.

In a positive way?

By pissing on the memory of the millions of people - jews, gays, intellectuals, disabled etc - that were murdered in the holocaust?

Animals have no comprehension of "happiness", "camaraderie", "the horror of the selections", "a beautiful sunset" and whatever else you are on about. These are human attributes. This comparison falls completely flat.

Actually, many animals have the capacity to feel happy or depressed. And many species thrive in packs and sticking in groups. If you think a cow grazing in a field won't feel distressed, petrified or frightened when being dragged to its death, you are mistaken.

Animals have more emotional capacity than given credit for.

Actually, many animals have the capacity to feel happy or depressed. And many species thrive in packs and sticking in groups. If you think a cow grazing in a field won't feel distressed, petrified or frightened when being dragged to its death, you are mistaken.

Animals have more emotional capacity than given credit for.

true, mice get very depressed as they are getting chomped by the kitty. i have to think that listening to morrissey music kills the brain cells ffs.

true, mice get very depressed as they are getting chomped by the kitty. i have to think that listening to morrissey music kills the brain cells ffs.

Kills brain cells? Maybe for some.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/iq-tests-suggest-pigs-are-smart-as-dogs-chimps-150611.htm

The research project, described in a paper published in the International Journal of Comparative Psychology, aims to put a face on animals that are traditionally just viewed as sources of meat.

They found that pigs:

• have excellent long-term memories
• are whizzes with mazes and other tests requiring location of objects
• can comprehend a simple symbolic language
• love to play and engage
• live in complex social communities where they keep track of individuals and learn from one another
• cooperate with one another
• exhibit a form of empathy when witnessing the same emotion in another individual

Last edited:
Kills brain cells? Maybe for some.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/iq-tests-suggest-pigs-are-smart-as-dogs-chimps-150611.htm

The research project, described in a paper published in the International Journal of Comparative Psychology, aims to put a face on animals that are traditionally just viewed as sources of meat.

They found that pigs:

• have excellent long-term memories
• are whizzes with mazes and other tests requiring location of objects
• can comprehend a simple symbolic language
• love to play and engage
• live in complex social communities where they keep track of individuals and learn from one another
• cooperate with one another
• exhibit a form of empathy when witnessing the same emotion in another individual

None of this is new, or a surprise. The point in case here is treating them well. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree, however Mr Anonymous seems to think I'm short of a few brain cells for reminding people that animals have emotional and cognitive depth.

I agree, however Mr Anonymous seems to think I'm short of a few brain cells for reminding people that animals have emotional and cognitive depth.

That's a great argument for not eating pigs, but it kind of implies that prawns are fair game.

You are clearly someone who doesn’t get it.

Yes, no human deserves the fate of an “animal” on the basis of them being of a different nationality / race / faith / sexual orientation.

But that’s not what he said. He turned it around and said that no animal deserves the fate of the Jew. Which is completely unacceptable.

In the context of slaughterhouse practices, shipping and receiving of livestock, holding pens, treatment of livestock, and the blind alley death walk to the stun gun and death, it is comparable to the horrors of the concentration camps. Do you know who the prisoners of these camps were? Do you?

Does anyone deserve this fate? Do you think? xx

In the context of slaughterhouse practices, shipping and receiving of livestock, holding pens, treatment of livestock, and the blind alley death walk to the stun gun and death, it is comparable to the horrors of the concentration camps. Do you know who the prisoners of these camps were? Do you?

Does anyone deserve this fate? Do you think? xx

I do. I'm related to some of them. Morrissey's comparison is crass and hyperbolic.

Animals have no comprehension of "happiness", "camaraderie", "the horror of the selections", "a beautiful sunset" and whatever else you are on about. These are human attributes. This comparison falls completely flat.
woooooooow, i am stunned, just stunned at your lack of reading comprehension. i may need a moment.

okay, let me explain: of course animals in these situations dont feel happiness or camaraderie, that was exactly my point. they have no respite, however brief, from their tortures, the way the kz inmates did. another mitigating factor in the sufferings of the human inmates is the spiritual inner life a lot of them developed. viktor frankl says that when the last of the human dignities are taken away one still has one essential freedom: the freedom to choose how he will react to his situation. and this freedom allows his life to remain dignified and purposeful. animals do not have this luxury of spiritual inner freedom or the ability to frame their sufferings objectively and so lessen them, so is not their suffering infinitely worse?

what i would really like to see in those peta videos of the slaughterhouses is some juxtaposition: images of the horrors of the slaughterhouse contrasted with images of happy content animals, i think this would prove more effective. because i think most people when they see the videos just view the animals as units of flesh, born to suffer and die, and forget about the emotional life of the animal, that desires companions and contentment and freedom. i know i do, not intentionally, but that's just the way my brain works, it absorbs and accepts images much too readily.

i hope that wasnt too long for you. do let me know if this involves any other concepts too difficult for you to understand!

If the morons here who are saying that the meat industry is the same as Nazi concentration camps really believe what they're saying, why aren't they marching on Whitehall demanding that all meat-eaters (and cheese eaters) be put behind bars? Presumably, by their standards, any of the Jews who weren't vegan who died in the concentration camps, merely deserved it. There are many testimonies that Hitler was a vegetarian, remember? Does this make him a nicer guy than any carnivorous Jews who died?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism
well because one has to choose ones priorities, duh. personally i'd rather 100 animals die in a slaughterhouse then one person die on death row.

hitler was incredibly wrong in his agenda but he was in many ways an ethical person--every ethics professor and researcher knows this. would you like to discuss it? i ask because i might prove to be *VERY* longwinded and i know how that gets some people in a rather petulant snit around here.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom