TTY: Morrissey show in Manchester (Aug. 20, 2016; on sale Fri.)

Morrissey show in Manchester - true-to-you.net
5 July 2016

Morrissey will play Manchester Arena on Saturday 20 August.
Damien Dempsey is very special guest.
Tickets are on sale this Friday (8 July), max 4 per person.
This will be Morrissey's first appearance in Manchester for four years, and his only 2016 show in England.

38834_morrissey_a4_new.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a ridiculous argument. Of course Morrissey has "the right to change his mind". It's not illegal to change one's mind. It does, however, make one look like a f***ing knob to change one's mind like that and any criticism is warranted.

One could also argue that Moz comes across as a bit cynical. People might have travelled from the UK to see him play elsewhere, taken time off work, paid a lot of money to see him ... and then he plays in the UK anyway. Do you not see that?

But he didn't change his mind did he? The 'retirement' was never serious..pure bullshit

Yeh be wary of a 9pm start time at the last Manchester gig he decided to come on early and caught thousands of people unawares. Also if he hasn't decided to invest in video screens sitting way at the back is just pointless... You may as well stay at home and listen to World Peace through your closed bathroom door.

How much were the standing tickets as a matter of interest?

Standing ticket was £80.75 including booking fee and delivery costs.

Standing tickets completely sold out, got seats for £35 plus booking fee, great value, really looking forward to another great night in manchester with moz, as usual bummy, benny and the rest of the trolls made to look like idiots again with standing sold out and seating very reasonably priced, close your black curtains and cower in your rooms you fools

I've got seated tickets, I have zero interest in the support act, so will be arriving later on. Do we think 9pm onstage?
I would be in my seat no later than 8.30pm just to be sure, at the last manchester gig I arrived about 8 ish and by the time I grabbed a couple beers and got to my seat the lights had dimmed and moz was about to take to the stage, thousands did miss the start of that gig

Standing tickets completely sold out, got seats for £35 plus booking fee, great value, really looking forward to another great night in manchester with moz, as usual bummy, benny and the rest of the trolls made to look like idiots again with standing sold out and seating very reasonably priced, close your black curtains and cower in your rooms you fools

Standing is NOT sold out, it's a marketing ploy to create panic sales which happens with every single B-list arena gig. MUSE/ADELE sell out instantly but that's about it. The rest of the Standing tickets will be drip-fed back onto general sale if there's no uptake on secondary sites. You are a no-nothing numpty. £35 seats? Take your binoculars..don't expect Dorrissey to pay for side screens. He didn't last time at that venue. You've just wasted £35 quid. LOL!

I find it hard to believe that this would have sold out so quickly.
Someone somewhere needs to do something about these secondary sites, its one big f***ing con.

Pisses me off that the agencies have not got to grips with this shit. All they have to do is state bring the credit card you paid with and the problem is solved?

Looks like seats for me then!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...morrissey-manchester-tour-tickets-uk-11585766

Standing is NOT sold out, it's a marketing ploy to create panic sales which happens with every single B-list arena gig. MUSE/ADELE sell out instantly but that's about it. The rest of the Standing tickets will be drip-fed back onto general sale if there's no uptake on secondary sites....it's a standard ploy to try and shift the shit seats up at the back. Shaft the fans by offloading the crap tickets on them, then sell the good seats/remaining standing to casuals on secondary sites. Nothing to do with Morrissey, it's just part of the entire corrupt, Corporate music biz situation.

I find it hard to believe that this would have sold out so quickly.
Someone somewhere needs to do something about these secondary sites, its one big f***ing con.

Just given you the details on all this. It's standard music industry tactic: Shaft the 'fans' on day 1, keep a % of best tickets to flog on secondary sites/closer to the event if artist can generate enough hype. Expect ridiculous TTY outbursts soon. It hasn't sold out but it's a business strategy to try and pretend it has. Again, nothing to do with Morrissey other than he's happy not to challenge this corruption. He's such a 'rebel'....*smfh*

I would be in my seat no later than 8.30pm just to be sure, at the last manchester gig I arrived about 8 ish and by the time I grabbed a couple beers and got to my seat the lights had dimmed and moz was about to take to the stage, thousands did miss the start of that gig

Thanks, I'm only 15 miles away so I'll leave around 7:30 then!

Anyone got any recommendations on where to park?

Standing is NOT sold out, it's a marketing ploy to create panic sales which happens with every single B-list arena gig. MUSE/ADELE sell out instantly but that's about it. The rest of the Standing tickets will be drip-fed back onto general sale if there's no uptake on secondary sites. You are a no-nothing numpty. £35 seats? Take your binoculars..don't expect Dorrissey to pay for side screens. He didn't last time at that venue. You've just wasted £35 quid. LOL!
I don't need any binoculars, my seats are very close to the stage, upper tier just to the left of the stage, see u there

Got to agree, it's a massive venue if there are no screens. I paid for the expensive seats, don't want to be at the back seeing nothing.

The panic ploy seems to be having an effect, some people will never learn. The touts had to give them away last time he was in town so I can't see them in a rush to get their fingers burned a second time.
You and I shall laugh out loud when the gimmick machine starts to make more tickets available.
In the end though the stage will be pushed forward and the black curtain monkeys will work their magic.
I do hope it's going to be an animal friendly event unlike Glastonbury otherwise there is going to be a wiff of hypocracy in the air.
Anyway I'll be keeping a close eye on the crank shenanigans.
Enjoy the weekend.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom