TTY: Morrissey Shows Confirmed (Israel, Turkey)

Morrissey Shows Confirmed - true-to-you.net
28 June 2016

Friday August 19
ISTANBUL (Turkey) KüçükÇiftlik Park

Monday August 22
TEL-AVIV (Israel) Heichal Hatarbut

Wednesday August 24
CAESAREA (Israel) The Ancient Roman Amphitheater

38802_bus_stop_bench.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
The one in Caesarea should be unforgettable. The venue is breathtaking with the view of Mediterranean.

"Zionist vigilantes of the world, unite & take over!'. Oh wait, they have!

Istanbul. Jesus. A day after 41 people are blown to bits in the airport. Does he have a death wish? Any fans who fly to that concert should get life insurance first and then advise their families to not expect any sympathy later.

If you talk that way, these terrorists have reached their main goal — to plant fear in you.

Istanbul? To dangerous.....

Not at all...it fits nicely with his newly announced "Most Dangerous Cities in America" aka "America is not the Safest" tour. Dates to include:

Alexandria, LA
Camden, NJ
Detroit, MI

It will wrap up at Folsom Prison where he will play a set list consisting of Johnny Cash songs. If it isn't on TTY yet it will be soon ;)

Tagging a bench in your home town with "Shoplifters...." is so childish.

Vandalism begins at home

"Boycott Israel" - MisguidedTrousers, you're misguided indeed. It's Moz third visit to Israel and you know nothin' about this country or the Middle East conflict. Yesterday 41 innocent people were killed in Turkey by terrorists that want to destroy both Turkey and Israel. And you want to boycott Israel?!... Shame on you!

"Boycott Israel" - MisguidedTrousers, you're misguided indeed. It's Moz third visit to Israel and you know nothin' about this country or the Middle East conflict. Yesterday 41 innocent people were killed in Turkey by terrorists that want to destroy both Turkey and Israel. And you want to boycott Israel?!... Shame on you!

There is absolutely no shame in supporting the boycott of a tyrant occupier that inflicts so much misery upon the occupied. You want to talk numbers? 500 innocent children were killed in Gaza two years ago by the brave IDF but I guess they were little terrorists too...

The only people who are misguided are those who support the collective punishment of Palestinians and constant land grabbing. The civilised world know Israel is behaving like nazi state.

Free Palestine!

Istanbul. Jesus. A day after 41 people are blown to bits in the airport. Does he have a death wish? Any fans who fly to that concert should get life insurance first and then advise their families to not expect any sympathy later.

You know what they say: together we stand divided we fall.

Last night Chic & Nile Rodgers were on stage in Istanbul and during the event, airport bombing just happened and when they get informed, they asked people "shall we go on?" and people replied "yes!". Jerry Barnes added then, "Do not act in fear". This is it. We shall never surrender and we shall overcome.

It's easy to write comments here, but you know what, I live in Turkey for 25 years and sometimes I feel depressed. Lonely and exhausted. People die because of terrorist sc*ms. Other bad things happen. But we carry on. We must. Those evil people just want us to live in fear. They want to ruin our lives. So we must live. We must fight. We must sing. Last summer I attended Joan Baez's one and only show in Istanbul and while she was singing, I feel strong. It's like someone you know personally encourages you to resist. She sang Imagine, Land of 1000 Dances and Jerusalem and we cry, we pray. That's what music is for..my friend.

At the end of the day, if some people still insists that he should not play in Istanbul..well..sing for us Moz, "world peace is none of your business".

P.S. I cannot attend his concert due to my schedule conflict but still I want him to come here and show his support.

So, we've just had a shit load of people blown up at Istanbul airport, plus Islamists beat up a group of people listening to the new Radiohead album last month. I'm sure Moz will be fine, but good luck to any fans travelling to see the show, as it sounds like a juicy target for extremists.

So, we've just had a shit load of people blown up at Istanbul airport, plus Islamists beat up a group of people listening to the new Radiohead album last month. I'm sure Moz will be fine, but good luck to any fans travelling to see the show, as it sounds like a juicy target for extremists.

Basically those extremists do not attack people just because they're listening Radiohead, their very motivation was "people are drinking -publically- in Ramadan". I know, none of these "motivations" can be considered as accaptable. Of course people are free to drink or listen music. None of any other's business, right. But we must define this case properly. Those young people could be listening Moz, or a Turkish singer. Problem was not Radiohead (or in another word; music itself).

Yes, I know there are numerous terrible things going on since 2015 in my homeland, but still I can assure you that it's safe enough to travel. We love Morrissey, and he still loves us too (hope so).

Lastly, the venue in Istanbul is lovely even though it's not a historical site. It's located near Maçka Park. You can enjoy the view.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom