TTY: Please, somebody, tell me it's just a bad dream ...; Buzzcocks for McDonald's

Please, somebody, tell me it's just a bad dream ... - true-to-you.net
16 June 2016

Pete Shelley has allowed McDonald's to use Buzzcocks' What do I get? to TV advertise McDonald's new Big Flavour (the flavour being sawdust) Chicken Wraps?!
In the words of another Buzzcocks song: oh shit...

38783_images_3.jpg

Morrissey
June 2016

above picture used with respect to owner (unknown)

About a tv ad apparently from the UK using Buzzcocks "what do i get ?"
http://tvadsongs.uk/mcdonalds-advert-music-what-do-i-get-wraps/
I can't see it , it's not available in my region

Buzzcocks , what do I get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Marr definitely says in the SBS documentary, "personally, I thought all those groups were crap" just after the footage of Buzzcocks "what do I get" is shown.

I saw them live the night after Mozza played Hull last year at The Square in Harlow, Essex which is a tiny venue and clearly after watching them, they are in need of funds. Pete Shelley now looks like Santa Claus. No surprise if they've taken some money for the ad.

Does marr now like them. I've never seen him comment on them but that's not saying anything as I don't read all of his interviews or anything. Morrissey I always thought liked them though as I've only seen him talk in a nice way about them

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, SOMEBODY, TELL ME ITS NOT TRUE, THE IRISH MEAT INDUSTRY IS THE BIGGEST SUPPLIER OF MEAT FOR McDONALDS IN EUROPE ! :anguished:

2 3 4

Irish blood, Irish beef
McDonalds European burgers are made of !
Something Steven Tosserrey CrankFraud should be ashamed of !
And I will laugh my bollocks off at him. . . . . . . .:laughing:

I've been dreaming of a time when
The Irish are sick to death of slaughter for burgers
And spit upon the hypocrite Tosserrey CrankFraud
And pounce on the easy led Tossbots that salute him
Forever !

Shame on you Tosserrey !
Boycott Ireland and the Irish meat industry !
Support the L G B T community !
Stop being a CrankFraud !
Write some decent songs !
Get a proper band !
Stop being an embarrassing prick !

I am hated for caring
Yours truly

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Does marr now like them. I've never seen him comment on them but that's not saying anything as I don't read all of his interviews or anything. Morrissey I always thought liked them though as I've only seen him talk in a nice way about them
I don't know Marr's stance on them but Morrissey liked them immediately when he saw them supporting The Sex Pistols in Manchester in 1977, he wrote to the NME regarding his experience and was clearly captivated by them. I can certainly see why Mozza is disappointed and a bit upset with this.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, SOMEBODY, TELL ME ITS NOT TRUE, THE IRISH MEAT INDUSTRY IS THE BIGGEST SUPPLIER OF MEAT FOR McDONALDS IN EUROPE ! :anguished:

2 3 4

Irish blood, Irish beef
McDonalds European burgers are made of !
Something Steven Tosserrey CrankFraud should be ashamed of !
And I will laugh my bollocks off at him. . . . . . . .:laughing:

I've been dreaming of a time when
The Irish are sick to death of slaughter for burgers
And spit upon the hypocrite Tosserrey CrankFraud
And pounce on the easy led Tossbots that salute him
Forever !

Shame on you Tosserrey !
Boycott Ireland and the Irish meat industry !
Support the L G B T community !
Stop being a CrankFraud !
Write some decent songs !
Get a proper band !
Stop being an embarrassing prick !

I am hated for caring
Yours truly

1331051421059.png

We buy beef from 18,000 Irish family farms, meaning that 1 in 5 hamburgers sold in McDonald’s across Europe is of Irish origin.

We are the largest purchaser of Irish beef by volume every year. We purchase 40,000 tonnes of beef which is then exported to other European markets, meaning that every year one in five hamburgers sold in McDonald’s in Europe is of Irish origin.

Every McDonald’s beef product sold in Ireland is made from 100% pure Irish beef – with just a little salt and pepper added after cooking. That’s why we can use the Bord Bia certified member logo on our beef – it shows that the beef has come from one of 18,000 accredited farms across Ireland that supply McDonald’s.

So, whether you are in one of our restaurants from Athlone to Zurich, there’s a pretty good chance that the beef you’re eating has come from one of our Irish farms.

Oh dear ! L O L Canada :laughing:
And if they don't believe Benny now will they ever believe him ?:head-smack:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife: :)kiss:me a lot )

Johnny Marr definitely says in the SBS documentary, "personally, I thought all those groups were crap" just after the footage of Buzzcocks "what do I get" is shown.

I saw them live the night after Mozza played Hull last year at The Square in Harlow, Essex which is a tiny venue and clearly after watching them, they are in need of funds. Pete Shelley now looks like Santa Claus. No surprise if they've taken some money for the ad.

Why after watching them, have you come to the conclusion that they need the funds?

I have met them a number of times and can assure you they don't, need the funds. They tour extensively and play for a fixed fee apart from Manchester and London, where they self promote.

Why after watching them, have you come to the conclusion that they need the funds?

I have met them a number of times and can assure you they don't, need the funds. They tour extensively and play for a fixed fee apart from Manchester and London, where they self promote.
Playing venues like The Square in Harlow. Hardly Madison Square Garden.

Up the Buzzcocks ! Thought you might have been at the Etihad tonight ! Are you there ?

When Playland came out, he talked in a couple of interviews about Love Bites as an example of a classic second album.

I think he was probably a bit too young at the time, and maybe also a bit too muso, to really be a punk enthusiast, though.

Playing venues like The Square in Harlow. Hardly Madison Square Garden.

Ah ok, They will literally play anywhere though as they love touring. They are in the middle of a world tour now. A couple of years ago I saw them at a place called the Robin 2 in Walsall which is owned by Noddy Holder, that was tiny too but a week later they were at the Academy in Manchester which holds a couple of thousand.

For anyone interested here they are at the Isle Of wight Festival last week.

Up the Buzzcocks ! Thought you might have been at the Etihad tonight ! Are you there ?

No as they only announced Buzzcocks as support 2 weeks ago, seeing them at the Manchester Albert Hall in October - How are you, Its the AE beer festival in a couple of weeks, where George Borowski played last year.

WHO PUT THE 'M' IN McDONALDS IRISH MEAT INDUSTRY ?

Na na na na na ! ! ! ! :brows:

Ah ok, They will literally play anywhere though as they love touring. They are in the middle of a world tour now. A couple of years ago I saw them at a place called the Robin 2 in Walsall which is owned by Noddy Holder, that was tiny too but a week later they were at the Academy in Manchester which holds a couple of thousand.

For anyone interested here they are at the Isle Of wight Festival last week.

Fair enough. Got that, it was a great gig.

No as they only announced Buzzcocks as support 2 weeks ago, seeing them at the Manchester Albert Hall in October - How are you, Its the AE beer festival in a couple of weeks, where George Borowski played last year.

I'm doing very well ! Shame your not there tonight, have a great Father's Day weekend and I'm so glad you enjoyed George he's a Manchester legend.
Take care.

Are any of Morrissey's idols vegetarian? Why didn't he boycott Buster Poindexter after he was on Anthony Bourdain's show eating a steak? Anthony Bourdain even said "eat your heart out Morrissey".

Arthur Guinness was a loyal Protestant.

I do like the pic of that old lady president of England in the Mickey D's uni.

Nice one moz, hope the old cow washes her hands before serving food

Nice one Braveheart, hope my Majesty washes her hands before and after serving your dirty pathetic Irish cheap meat to McDONALDS !

Na na na na Naghhhhhhhh !

'I'm lovin it '

Benny-the-British-Butcher

When Playland came out, he talked in a couple of interviews about Love Bites as an example of a classic second album.

I think he was probably a bit too young at the time, and maybe also a bit too muso, to really be a punk enthusiast, though.

Yeah I could see that. There for sure is more of a similar vibe to some of play land than anything the smiths did guitar wise. People change

1331051421059.png

We buy beef from 18,000 Irish family farms, meaning that 1 in 5 hamburgers sold in McDonald’s across Europe is of Irish origin.

We are the largest purchaser of Irish beef by volume every year. We purchase 40,000 tonnes of beef which is then exported to other European markets, meaning that every year one in five hamburgers sold in McDonald’s in Europe is of Irish origin.

Every McDonald’s beef product sold in Ireland is made from 100% pure Irish beef – with just a little salt and pepper added after cooking. That’s why we can use the Bord Bia certified member logo on our beef – it shows that the beef has come from one of 18,000 accredited farms across Ireland that supply McDonald’s.

So, whether you are in one of our restaurants from Athlone to Zurich, there’s a pretty good chance that the beef you’re eating has come from one of our Irish farms.

Oh dear ! L O L Canada :laughing:
And if they don't believe Benny now will they ever believe him ?:head-smack:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife: :)kiss:me a lot )
What is your point? He doesn't round up the cows on a nice green Irish pasture. Are we supposed to believe that all Irish are leprechauns as well?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom