TTY: Public Enemy! - photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Public Enemy! - true-to-you.net
3 February 2016

public_enemy_photomontage_by_sam_esty_rayner.jpg

photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point nothing Etsy can do makes that much difference. I think the nephew is protecting his cut of the eventual bequest, which is understandable, if not something of which he can be particularly proud.

The Morrissey brand is now so tainted nothing can either revive it or breathe new life into it. It's over. "When he was good he was very, very good, and when he was bad he was horrid." All that's really left is to try, somehow, to get people to see Morrissey in a new light, one reflected by true greats. It's almost as if the last few years are being retconned out of existence by portraying Morrissey with James Dean, Elvis or sundry icons with whom he no longer belongs.

The only benefit Sam brings now is incredulity and laughter as he attempts to turn Uncle into a Forrest Gump/Zelig like character whose imagined influence through history must be recognised. I commend his efforts in some ways, but he must realise it is futile.

Morrissey has been acting the twat in the full public gaze for nigh on a decade, after two previous decades of rumours of much the same. You don't erase that level of self-destruction with Photoshop for beginners.

The Zelig reference is a very apt one. I just watched the movie last week and the similarities are striking. Sam placing Moz in the Wild West, inserting him in the black struggle (PE), etc. Next maybe Moz as part of the moon landing as obviously The World Won't Listen.

Maybe a little Clockwork Orange going on with Moz tied down, eyes forced open by Sam to watch in horror as he single handedly dismantles TTY. You can faintly hear his cries through the gag. A classic Lifetime movie here entitled "Let the Wrong One In". Or...I am talking out of my arse here. :)

Some of his work will survive him. No artist gets out of this world with his work fully intact, because the nature of art is that it is subject to critical assessment. Hence Vauxhall, Viva Hate and Your Arsenal are commercially, artistically and critically regarded as better albums that Refusal, Tormentors and World Peace. I'll exclude his Smiths work, as every aspect of that is entirely more culturally significant than any of his solo work.

Some will think the last three albums are the best work he's ever done, but that can be explained easily, as a third of the population suffer mental health issues during their lifetimes.

lol rude! you are right tho, especially about the smiths :)

Some of his work will survive him. No artist gets out of this world with his work fully intact, because the nature of art is that it is subject to critical assessment. Hence Vauxhall, Viva Hate and Your Arsenal are commercially, artistically and critically regarded as better albums that Refusal, Tormentors and World Peace. I'll exclude his Smiths work, as every aspect of that is entirely more culturally significant than any of his solo work.

Some will think the last three albums are the best work he's ever done, but that can be explained easily, as a third of the population suffer mental health issues during their lifetimes.

Why dont you get a life dude. I dont care what you think about morrissey but you are easily the most pathetic creature i have seen on this forum. Ffs take a good look at your life dude. Real horror story. By the was is their not his. An artist can be both male and female smartass. SER is less pathetic then you

I reckon does any chap know where I can get a Green Bay Packers ski cap in Higginsbottomtownshire? Do they sell them in London? I would drive 5 hours on the M5 just for it. Cheers.

PS. Me already has a New York Yankees Baseball cap! Anonymous-

you think? If so, I wonder if Sam is even aware of his role as 'savior' of the 'Morrissey brand'. More like a case of misdirection of energy and idle hands. Regardless, after the ashes have settled... the songs will remain. And those can never be tainted,however much M or his critics try. His art is eternal and untouchable... And can never be sullied by human folly common thoughts and actions... His art will out live it all.

Tell that to Gary Glitter

A person's love of most music changes over time. They "used to love"....people who love Morrissey and his music love it/him for life, Morrissey isn't contrived like Bowie was or most bands.

A person's love of most music changes over time. They "used to love"....people who love Morrissey and his music love it/him for life, Morrissey isn't contrived like Bowie was or most bands.

As Morrissey is still obsessed with chart placings and commercial success maybe he should try contrived for a while.

If he had done so over the last five or ten years he might not be waiting on a call from Colonel Kurtz to see if he and his band have gainful employment in the next few months. There's ploughing your own furrow and there's salting the earth as you go. Morrissey has long preferred the latter and is paying the price.

As Morrissey is still obsessed with chart placings and commercial success maybe he should try contrived for a while.

If he had done so over the last five or ten years he might not be waiting on a call from Colonel Kurtz to see if he and his band have gainful employment in the next few months. There's ploughing your own furrow and there's salting the earth as you go. Morrissey has long preferred the latter and is paying the price.

It all started to go wrong for me during the Ringleader tour when Morrissey asked for people to download his new single so that it would chart. To me it sounded like something a robot from X-Factor would ask. It betrayed an obsession with chart placings in an age when chart placings mean nothing really and are probably no longer the domain of artists like Morrissey.

Unfortunately his scorched-earth policy with record companies, producers, managers and others means that the fans have to wait for the next release, if indeed there ever is one. He should team up with Suede for a duet. Now that would be something to hear. Their new album 'Night Thoughts' is fantastic.

It all started to go wrong for me during the Ringleader tour when Morrissey asked for people to download his new single so that it would chart. To me it sounded like something a robot from X-Factor would ask. It betrayed an obsession with chart placings in an age when chart placings mean nothing really and are probably no longer the domain of artists like Morrissey.

Unfortunately his scorched-earth policy with record companies, producers, managers and others means that the fans have to wait for the next release, if indeed there ever is one. He should team up with Suede for a duet. Now that would be something to hear. Their new album 'Night Thoughts' is fantastic.

"He's so shy it's not even endearing, it's just stupid". Brett Anderson talking about Morrissey.

"Brett Anderson will never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie". Morrissey.

Suede is quite the boring band. And that goes for their new album, as well. I wanted to like it, since I was quite the fan in my teens. But no. They're boring, affected and contrived. The only ones Moz should team up with are Alain Whyte and Scott Walker.

i found it pretty good along with the bloodsports. sabotage hit me barriers sometimes i feel were all great imo and ive been loving no tomorrows chorus and outsiders is pretty sweet imo. i liked his solo stuff as well though

whoever suggested sammy write the songs and then approach the record labels is on the right track.

We've been having this discussion lately, about 'what to do about Morrissey' now that he is utterly Beclowned in a way that it's incredibly hard to imagine him turning it around other than some full-on God-botherer Catholic repentence schtick. Even then, after dragging up as a priest a decade after Sinead (with equally inconsequential TrollFAIL! outcomes) it would be hard not to see that as just a re-brand for commerical reasons. He's utterly toxic now to Joe Public and to The Business.

Definitely the appeal to a concert audience to download his latest radical 'art hound' song to their mobile phones via the corporate sponsor of that festival was an utter nadir, but only one amongst so many. He is just another circus clown now on the international tour circus circuit. I await him going on stage in Thailand and dissing the Thai Royal Family so he gets his arse raped in the Bangkok Hilton jail for a few years. Very 'Midnight Express' darling. Of course he won't do any such thing and will preposterously sing 'The Queen Is Dead' peddling faux rebellion to Thai youth who, if they are stupid enough to follow the farang's example will face lese majeste treason charges.

We were listening to LOTFIP and it's really very, very good. Morrissey and Marr destroyed The Smiths with their venal greed towards the Lawnmower Parts and their twilight careers since are fitting punishments. Morrissey has been part of a Smiths Tribute Act for his entire solo career, at least Johnny tried other stuff with ex-Kraftwerk bods, and so on. In a way, Morrissey's Beclowned status makes it more fascinating to try and put him in some context. Obviously, his fantasies of being one of the real greats such as Bowie now seem totally risible but some of his solo work will survive, not because of him and his endless re-runs of the lyrical concerns he addressed as part of The Smiths, but because he was hit by lightning several times with his collaborators: Marr, Street, Whyte and even now and then with Martin Boorish.

When WPINOYB arrived I was a wee bit Machiavellian in my OTT fulsome praise but I wanted to give a little injection of optimism to proceedings in hopes that he'd respond to positive feedback and the next album would be a humdinger. Fat chance of that now. He trolled Wolvo Steve: trust me, that's really not a good idea. Having lifted the fatwa I placed on him because of his comments about David Banda, due to his 'mea culpa' of orphan anthem 'Istanbul' he had everything going for him again and then totally blew it with the best ever hissy fit C List Diva drama on record. He still thinks everyone is waiting for him to 'crack America' when nobody in London and LA gives a toss anymore.

I've invested a lot of money and time in following this pseud, knowing all along he was no Bowie. I was sent here by the Praetorian Guards at BowieNet originally but found it all rather engaging so stayed. He is a lovely little singer and he has some nice camp Carry On moves that signal he's totally gay but don't anyone 'how very dare you' in his presence. It was endearing in the 80s, "it was acceptable in the 80s" but to see a mid-50s man in Liberace's cast-off duds and jewellry on the Larry King show was really saddo. There's no doubt that Morrissey thinks everyone who meets him thinks he's wonderful and endorses his delusional self-concept of being a real 'star' rather than a struck match briefly lighting up the gloom. He immediately excludes anyone who mocks his delusions. His desperate idea that those of us who sit in shops waiting on our wives are somehow subservient to 'normality' when he is a total slave to an utterly redundant concept of Fame which Bowie exploded forever along the lines "BrummieBoy" set forth, is totally desperate, but somehow fitting. He set forth Viva Hate, now he's trapped in it. More fool him, don't join the wanker. OK?

There's no way I'm going to throw all his stuff in the skip. It's a text-book example of a kid who won the NME version of X-Factor then got lost in what Ralf Hutter called 'The Hall of Mirrors'. He's been paid good money by me for his lap-dancing and pole-dancing skills, lasciviously gyrating on stage like someone from The Full Monty whilst singing his melodious vocal melodies. But same way as I don't owe anything to the girls on Broad Street I don't owe him anything. He is a product, he amuses me. I purchased him for a purpose and I can kick him to the kerb as and when he bores me. But we love clownish tragedy and he's really going for it. He knows now he is utterly eclipsed by Bowie and there's nowt he could ever do to remedy that fact. Someone here rather fancifully suggested he could work with Brian Eno or Scott Walker. erm.....LOL! But it's that order of change that would be required where he actually had to put his balls on the line and stop being a silly little bitch. Unlikely now, but who knows. Thanks for these thoughtful comments. His music is B+ but he will never be A list now, and never was other than in the warped minds of himself, his hangers-on and the first few rows of his gigs. Everyone else was just watching another circus clown. But us "BrummieBoysandGirls" loved The Bowie in a way that most of us will never be able to fully express. Bowie showed us what was really important, and it wasn't the music business.

An old interview with David Bowie from 1995 has revealed that the rock God knew exactly what the most important thing in life was – love.

Asked by music writer Simon Witter what his greatest achievement had been, David simply replied:

‘Marrying my wife’.

Laughing, David added that it was ‘the most successful thing’ he had ever done in his life before Simon clarifies:

‘But as a musician?’

‘Nothing else matters,’ said David.

And our hearts just broke even more.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/11/liste...s-greatest-achievement-5616239/#ixzz3zar8hws2

beclown
Verb. To make a complete idiot of oneself in public. To behave or speak in such a way, or to make a comment or express an opinion that is so profoundly witless, senseless and obtuse, that you have forever after defined yourself as a person of comical value only. Never to be taken seriously again. Of worth only as an object of ridicule and derision.

At this point nothing Etsy can do makes that much difference. I think the nephew is protecting his cut of the eventual bequest, which is understandable, if not something of which he can be particularly proud.

The Morrissey brand is now so tainted nothing can either revive it or breathe new life into it. It's over. "When he was good he was very, very good, and when he was bad he was horrid." All that's really left is to try, somehow, to get people to see Morrissey in a new light, one reflected by true greats. It's almost as if the last few years are being retconned out of existence by portraying Morrissey with James Dean, Elvis or sundry icons with whom he no longer belongs.

The only benefit Sam brings now is incredulity and laughter as he attempts to turn Uncle into a Forrest Gump/Zelig like character whose imagined influence through history must be recognised. I commend his efforts in some ways, but he must realise it is futile.

Morrissey has been acting the twat in the full public gaze for nigh on a decade, after two previous decades of rumours of much the same. You don't erase that level of self-destruction with Photoshop for beginners.

Last edited:
What's all the fuss about supper bowling and diva bronchitis ? I hope it was an animal friendly festival, didn't think much of the bands ! Crikey why was Silly Steve not on it ?
I'll tell you whah her her her her hi, but the cult wouldn't believe me !

There's no stomach for #Paris-for-Profit !
There's just no stomach my Son !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom