TTY: Public Enemy! - photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Public Enemy! - true-to-you.net
3 February 2016

public_enemy_photomontage_by_sam_esty_rayner.jpg

photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Last edited by a moderator:
Crykey, I reckon when Steve Kennedy Morrissey becomes President, USA-Brit relations are going to go down the W.C. That would be so top mental if after the inauguration he dumps tea into the ocean on Malibu or even better, San Pedro Harbor. Anonymous-

The Bowie in a way that most of us will never be able to fully express. Bowie showed us what was really important, and it wasn't the music business.

An old interview with David Bowie from 1995 has revealed that the rock God knew exactly what the most important thing in life was – love.

Asked by music writer Simon Witter what his greatest achievement had been, David simply replied:

‘Marrying my wife’.

Laughing, David added that it was ‘the most successful thing’ he had ever done in his life before Simon clarifies:

‘But as a musician?’

‘Nothing else matters,’ said David.

And our hearts just broke even more.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/11/liste...s-greatest-achievement-5616239/#ixzz3zar8hws2

Very profound and humanizing. Amongst all his accomplishments, accolades and idolization, this very simple and deep connection to another was his greatest accomplishment. I believe in his statement as I for myself have found that it is also my greatest accomplishment.

I understand that this may seem like an easy statement, but the connection to another is more about looking at yourself and loving yourself. You cannot love another unless you have love for yourself. To be clear, I'm talking about healthy positive love, not sadistic or co-this or that kind of love.

Very profound and humanizing. Amongst all his accomplishments, accolades and idolization, this very simple and deep connection to another was his greatest accomplishment. I believe in his statement as I for myself have found that it is also my greatest accomplishment.

I understand that this may seem like an easy statement, but the connection to another is more about looking at yourself and loving yourself. You cannot love another unless you have love for yourself. To be clear, I'm talking about healthy positive love, not sadistic or co-this or that kind of love.

There isn't a word here we don't agree with and live by. BB gave everything up for love, marriage, family and to fight battles far more epochal and dignified than against the NME, former band-mates or imaginary 'media conspiracies'. Bowie finally realised and copied BB's 'f*** Fame' motifs. Like BB, Bowie's best work will be Posthumous so that the rabble of Herd Culture cannot destroy love and family joy by their hex called 'fame'. His daughter has just been offered a place to do Physics at a prestigious University. He's cracked open the champagne , sobbing with gratitude to the Universe as his wife and daughter leave for work/college. It's been such a difficult trip for his daughter due to Dad's desperate battes, fighting the fascists in The Magisterium He draws the curtains, lights a black candle, looks at a picture of his spirit-guides and decides: "Yes. There will soon be time to release the initial artefacts from The Tomb of TutankaMoon'....BB picks up his double-neck guitar and begins to play and sing....."every man has a Black Star.....over his shoulder...."

#FollowYourBliss

62521c836198259dfda74c09327b18e7.jpg

jimmy-page-crowley-stele.jpg

download (10).jpg

ps: f*** Morrissey, the prissy-hissy-fit-C List C City Mancunian bitch. Birmingham 1. Liverpool 2. London 3. Manchester? LOL! Not even Premier League. It's so funny, the Manc Magpie nicked it all from BB whilst #TrollingMoseley and Lawrecne, then had his Icarus ascending Smiths/Street/Whyte phase, now....the Fall. Couldn't happen to a more deserving c***. Morrissey thought he'd 'won' the Big Prize but Fame is for fools. Love Is The Drug.. WHIWOFBS? "We hate it when Adele becomes successful" BB lived in East London for 17 years, met a lot of emerging singers, passed the best on to his mates who run the music biz...etc.

Enjoy what's coming: The Eternal Beclowning Of Steven Prat-Trick Morrissey. He's no Loki either. He's no Klovn: Just another wannabe Bowie-BB clone around town.

We've been having this discussion lately, about 'what to do about Morrissey' now that he is utterly Beclowned in a way that it's incredibly hard to imagine him turning it around other than some full-on God-botherer Catholic repentence schtick. Even then, after dragging up as a priest a decade after Sinead (with equally inconsequential TrollFAIL! outcomes) it would be hard not to see that as just a re-brand for commerical reasons. He's utterly toxic now to Joe Public and to The Business.

Definitely the appeal to a concert audience to download his latest radical 'art hound' song to their mobile phones via the corporate sponsor of that festival was an utter nadir, but only one amongst so many. He is just another circus clown now on the international tour circus circuit. I await him going on stage in Thailand and dissing the Thai Royal Family so he gets his arse raped in the Bangkok Hilton jail for a few years. Very 'Midnight Express' darling. Of course he won't do any such thing and will preposterously sing 'The Queen Is Dead' peddling faux rebellion to Thai youth who, if they are stupid enough to follow the farang's example will face lese majeste treason charges.

We were listening to LOTFIP and it's really very, very good. Morrissey and Marr destroyed The Smiths with their venal greed towards the Lawnmower Parts and their twilight careers since are fitting punishments. Morrissey has been part of a Smiths Tribute Act for his entire solo career, at least Johnny tried other stuff with ex-Kraftwerk bods, and so on. In a way, Morrissey's Beclowned status makes it more fascinating to try and put him in some context. Obviously, his fantasies of being one of the real greats such as Bowie now seem totally risible but some of his solo work will survive, not because of him and his endless re-runs of the lyrical concerns he addressed as part of The Smiths, but because he was hit by lightning several times with his collaborators: Marr, Street, Whyte and even now and then with Martin Boorish.

When WPINOYB arrived I was a wee bit Machiavellian in my OTT fulsome praise but I wanted to give a little injection of optimism to proceedings in hopes that he'd respond to positive feedback and the next album would be a humdinger. Fat chance of that now. He trolled Wolvo Steve: trust me, that's really not a good idea. Having lifted the fatwa I placed on him because of his comments about David Banda, due to his 'mea culpa' of orphan anthem 'Istanbul' he had everything going for him again and then totally blew it with the best ever hissy fit C List Diva drama on record. He still thinks everyone is waiting for him to 'crack America' when nobody in London and LA gives a toss anymore.

I've invested a lot of money and time in following this pseud, knowing all along he was no Bowie. I was sent here by the Praetorian Guards at BowieNet originally but found it all rather engaging so stayed. He is a lovely little singer and he has some nice camp Carry On moves that signal he's totally gay but don't anyone 'how very dare you' in his presence. It was endearing in the 80s, "it was acceptable in the 80s" but to see a mid-50s man in Liberace's cast-off duds and jewellry on the Larry King show was really saddo. There's no doubt that Morrissey thinks everyone who meets him thinks he's wonderful and endorses his delusional self-concept of being a real 'star' rather than a struck match briefly lighting up the gloom. He immediately excludes anyone who mocks his delusions. His desperate idea that those of us who sit in shops waiting on our wives are somehow subservient to 'normality' when he is a total slave to an utterly redundant concept of Fame which Bowie exploded forever along the lines "BrummieBoy" set forth, is totally desperate, but somehow fitting. He set forth Viva Hate, now he's trapped in it. More fool him, don't join the wanker. OK?

There's no way I'm going to throw all his stuff in the skip. It's a text-book example of a kid who won the NME version of X-Factor then got lost in what Ralf Hutter called 'The Hall of Mirrors'. He's been paid good money by me for his lap-dancing and pole-dancing skills, lasciviously gyrating on stage like someone from The Full Monty whilst singing his melodious vocal melodies. But same way as I don't owe anything to the girls on Broad Street I don't owe him anything. He is a product, he amuses me. I purchased him for a purpose and I can kick him to the kerb as and when he bores me. But we love clownish tragedy and he's really going for it. He knows now he is utterly eclipsed by Bowie and there's nowt he could ever do to remedy that fact. Someone here rather fancifully suggested he could work with Brian Eno or Scott Walker. erm.....LOL! But it's that order of change that would be required where he actually had to put his balls on the line and stop being a silly little bitch. Unlikely now, but who knows. Thanks for these thoughtful comments. His music is B+ but he will never be A list now, and never was other than in the warped minds of himself, his hangers-on and the first few rows of his gigs. Everyone else was just watching another circus clown. But us "BrummieBoysandGirls" loved The Bowie in a way that most of us will never be able to fully express. Bowie showed us what was really important, and it wasn't the music business.

An old interview with David Bowie from 1995 has revealed that the rock God knew exactly what the most important thing in life was – love.

Asked by music writer Simon Witter what his greatest achievement had been, David simply replied:

‘Marrying my wife’.

Laughing, David added that it was ‘the most successful thing’ he had ever done in his life before Simon clarifies:

‘But as a musician?’

‘Nothing else matters,’ said David.

And our hearts just broke even more.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/11/liste...s-greatest-achievement-5616239/#ixzz3zar8hws2

beclown
Verb. To make a complete idiot of oneself in public. To behave or speak in such a way, or to make a comment or express an opinion that is so profoundly witless, senseless and obtuse, that you have forever after defined yourself as a person of comical value only. Never to be taken seriously again. Of worth only as an object of ridicule and derision.

Brummie, I was searching for a program to watch last night and I came across "David Bowie: Five Years" on MTV. As a connoisseur of all things Bowie, you probably have already seen this before:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2973408/

I found it to be truly enlightening for a casual fan of his music. The way he selected the musicians, producers, background singers, etc. was revelatory for me. I had no idea that he spent so much effort and energy crafting each album. His greatest ability was that through collaboration he made songs that would have been good into masterpieces. I have now landed on Golden Years as my favorite Bowie song, but you can't go wrong with Heroes either.

I think the fact that Morrissey is not a musician himself hindered the growth and reach of the music produced on his behalf. Bowie's travels through Ziggy, The Thin White Duke, etc. was a musical journey filled with twists and turns and each album made a statement. He didn't simply produce popular music, he created what would become the popular music of its time. He was an innovator, a showman, a shaman who claimed never to be a "rock star" but ended up as one of the biggest of all-time.

After the movie, they aired his two recent videos "Blackstar" and "Lazarus". I must say that the first half of Blackstar was a little too Portishead III for my taste, but Lazarus I found to be quite appealing even if the video struck such a stark juxtaposition with Bowie placing himself on full display as his last days approached. It was difficult to watch, but what a brave and powerful message he made with the video and the lyrics. He laid bare all that was in him, all that he had accumulated over his lifetime and brought the reality of death into such clear focus that it was an effort not to turn my head away. After watching this movie and the Lazarus video, anybody that does not walk away knowing that David Bowie was a true genius is as you Brits put it "daft in the head."

golden years was also done in like two takes or maybe even one. for sure some coke going on there but did it also mention how the guitarists divided up the parts with carlos playing the bottom three strings and the other guy whom i cant remember, maybe slick, played on the top. i always found that kinda funny

golden years was also done in like two takes or maybe even one. for sure some coke going on there but did it also mention how the guitarists divided up the parts with carlos playing the bottom three strings and the other guy whom i cant remember, maybe slick, played on the top. i always found that kinda funny

I think this will take you to it:

It has interviews with all the major players for each album. I think your question is answered somewhere in there.

I think this will take you to it:

It has interviews with all the major players for each album. I think your question is answered somewhere in there.

i have a couple of bowie bios and im pretty sure its right i was just curious to see if it was mentioned there but i dont have any interest in hearing much more about him. i already went through an exhaustive period of that. god even tin machine

When bad taste meets lack of moral values. This is the body of a child killed by the industry of war in association with the culture of selfishness. The memory of this innocent creature deserves, at least, a huge respect. This isn't material for a bad joke.

When bad taste meets lack of moral values. This is the body of a child killed by the industry of war in association with the culture of selfishness. The memory of this innocent creature deserves, at least, a huge respect. This isn't material for a bad joke.

Seriously. Why do he mods allow pictures of dead children to be used in attack against a pop sing. Evil is what it is. Can't believe it

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom