TTY: THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - final six rescheduled US dates cancelled

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - true-to-you.net
3 December 2016

The band, the crew and I are heartbroken to hear that the final six shows of our triumphant tour will be 'pulled down'.
The shock and sadness that we all feel - for ourselves, and for our devoted friends in Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, has left us in unrecoverable despair.

The 28 shows played on this tour have been outstanding triumphs as yet another year strengthens and solidifies our positions around the world.

Since our Bergen date at the start of August, the finances for this tour have exclusively been controlled by 360 Management of Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood. Each date booked would make enough money to pay its way.
When Gustavo collapsed at the Boulder show, 360 Management responded with the announcement that all funds had suddenly evaporated. There was apparently not even enough money to transport the touring party to the next scheduled city, and 360 Management faded out as quickly as they had faded in.

Incontestably, the Morrissey Band is the best in the world. We have been repeatedly done over in recent years by slippery industry incompetents, yet we have always recovered our stride and bounced back like the sea - saving ourselves from those who wish us off the map. We are a disciplined ship and we succeed without any help from the music industry. We continue to live with the optical device of an industry where only scale and enormity of cash is seen as evidence of talent; where the public is thought ready to swallow anything as long as it is done with the punch of five million dollars. The results appear to be continually elaborate comic-strip dumbshows that do not even matter to those directly involved. The true artists must look after themselves whilst the artificially aroused are aided and assisted to the highest ranks without a shred of effort, and the result is ... a nest of horrors. And on it goes.

This year, the mobilized strength of our ragingly loyal audiences were most appreciated, by me, at:

1. Philadelphia, USA.
2. Brooklyn, USA.
3. Hong Kong, CHINA.
4. Adelaide, AUSTRALIA.
5. Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
6. Santa Barbara, USA.
7. Helsinki, FINLAND.
8. Manchester, ENGLAND.
9. Goteborg, SWEDEN.
10. Chicago, USA.
11. Newcastle, AUSTRALIA.
12. Berlin, GERMANY.
13. Salt Lake City, USA.
14. Tokyo, JAPAN (first night).
15. Tel-Aviv, ISRAEL.

... for which no words could ever express the volcanic love and joy found and shared.
We felt much sadness for our audiences at both Jakarta and Singapore City who struggled with appalling venues - venues which, in fact, were not really venues at all ... just roped-off bits of waterlogged fields. In dismal circumstances our friends in both cities gave us their best, and we shall never forget them. We expect no further chances in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio ... nights destroyed by the ephemeral damagers ... who do their worst ... and slip away.

I can only stress my sincere thanks once again to YOU for giving the band, the crew and I a phenomenal year - scarred at the end, but drenched in beauty until then.

I will see you in extremely far-off places.

MORRISSEY
3 December 2016.

39462_20161203_131415.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear QQQ, thank you for your considered response. Perhaps I should try and keep the faith...?

You are right to correct me and say that borderline homophobia does not exist. However, homophobia cloaked in witless humour exists in most of BtBB's turgid posts (and those of others) and yet it is given a platform on this site. Yes, calling them out is a valid response, but that then gives the morons who spout such drivel wider recognition...the only reason they write it in the first place. They want a response. They want to create agitation. That's all they have left.

And if I may, there is no such thing as humaphobia just like there is no such thing as Humasexual/Humasexuality, but sadly for some reason Steven struggles to move with the modern times of equality, tolerance and chooses to live in the dark ages.
And you decided to jump straight on the phobia bandwagon :cool: Well done you ! :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::christmastree:

I should be in Dallas right now, I had great seats too. Excited to be sitting for the first time at a Morrissey concert.
The weather is pretty bad everywhere in US except southwest, probably for the best it was cancelled.

Is there something fishy going on in the background with the Lawnmowers ?:cool:

: No mention of them recently
: No get well wishes or health updates on Gustavo
: Seems as though they have gone to ground on social media
: Nothing from Martin regarding Steven

I smell a car crash :eek: Another chapter of confusion, doom and gloom.:fire::eyes::bomb:
Dust up, bust up, let's get down to the nitty gritty :brows:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I smell a car crash :eek: Another chapter of confusion, doom and gloom.:fire::eyes::bomb:

Well spotted BiBiBi! Cheers!

Well spotted BiBiBi! Cheers!

See all the bots burying their heads in the sand because "Benny the Bastard" has landed the scoop of 2017 :guitar:

Spread the word there's definitely a fishy smell building up :thumb:
The rumour is in the future All ain't swell. :eyes:
What a way to run a business.

See all the bots burying their heads in the sand because "Benny the Bastard" has landed the scoop of 2017 :guitar:

Spread the word there's definitely a fishy smell building up :thumb:
The rumour is in the future All ain't swell. :eyes:
What a way to run a business.

doh:

You must have the smallest dick in history.

You must have the smallest dick in history.
Sorry that you don't get Benny. He seems to be very emotionally invested in Morrissey. He has the memorabilia to back up his devoting fandom. Heck, he is probably his biggest fan of all of us here. I understand his disappointment with Morrissey and here is why.
You would have to be deaf not to hear how the quality of his output has declined over the years. The last record is not nearly as good as the ones he released in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. I also believe Morrissey is aware of this fact too. He, himself said not that long ago that nothing really matters - and it shows in his craft. His songs are good enough to keep the fans happy, but not superb to make the front-page headlines. He has made a name for himself a long time ago, he has the fan-base, he has the charisma but he got lazy (or content if you like) and he doesn't have to try harder and prove himself to anyone anymore. He had a very successful career Johnny Marr could only envy. After the Smiths split up, Morrissey got back on his feet and for many years and decades had a flourishing career. Whereas Johnny became just the former Smiths member with nothing remarkable to claim. I still love Morrissey, I will keep listening to his music and following his career. He is incredibly fascinating man.
As for Benny, he is a lot like Morrissey. Sometimes cruel, sarcastic, funny, smart, but more often than not right.

Sorry that you don't get Benny. He seems to be very emotionally invested in Morrissey. He has the memorabilia to back up his devoting fandom. Heck, he is probably his biggest fan of all of us here. I understand his disappointment with Morrissey and here is why.
You would have to be deaf not to hear how the quality of his output has declined over the years. The last record is not nearly as good as the ones he released in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. I also believe Morrissey is aware of this fact too. He, himself said not that long ago that nothing really matters - and it shows in his craft. His songs are good enough to keep the fans happy, but not superb to make the front-page headlines. He has made a name for himself a long time ago, he has the fan-base, he has the charisma but he got lazy (or content if you like) and he doesn't have to try harder and prove himself to anyone anymore. He had a very successful career Johnny Marr could only envy. After the Smiths split up, Morrissey got back on his feet and for many years and decades had a flourishing career. Whereas Johnny became just the former Smiths member with nothing remarkable to claim. I still love Morrissey, I will keep listening to his music and following his career. He is incredibly fascinating man.
As for Benny, he is a lot like Morrissey. Sometimes cruel, sarcastic, funny, smart, but more often than not right.

smallest. dick. in. history.

Vegan is so articulate. His argument is always so strong and convincing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom