TTY: THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - final six rescheduled US dates cancelled

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - true-to-you.net
3 December 2016

The band, the crew and I are heartbroken to hear that the final six shows of our triumphant tour will be 'pulled down'.
The shock and sadness that we all feel - for ourselves, and for our devoted friends in Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, has left us in unrecoverable despair.

The 28 shows played on this tour have been outstanding triumphs as yet another year strengthens and solidifies our positions around the world.

Since our Bergen date at the start of August, the finances for this tour have exclusively been controlled by 360 Management of Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood. Each date booked would make enough money to pay its way.
When Gustavo collapsed at the Boulder show, 360 Management responded with the announcement that all funds had suddenly evaporated. There was apparently not even enough money to transport the touring party to the next scheduled city, and 360 Management faded out as quickly as they had faded in.

Incontestably, the Morrissey Band is the best in the world. We have been repeatedly done over in recent years by slippery industry incompetents, yet we have always recovered our stride and bounced back like the sea - saving ourselves from those who wish us off the map. We are a disciplined ship and we succeed without any help from the music industry. We continue to live with the optical device of an industry where only scale and enormity of cash is seen as evidence of talent; where the public is thought ready to swallow anything as long as it is done with the punch of five million dollars. The results appear to be continually elaborate comic-strip dumbshows that do not even matter to those directly involved. The true artists must look after themselves whilst the artificially aroused are aided and assisted to the highest ranks without a shred of effort, and the result is ... a nest of horrors. And on it goes.

This year, the mobilized strength of our ragingly loyal audiences were most appreciated, by me, at:

1. Philadelphia, USA.
2. Brooklyn, USA.
3. Hong Kong, CHINA.
4. Adelaide, AUSTRALIA.
5. Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
6. Santa Barbara, USA.
7. Helsinki, FINLAND.
8. Manchester, ENGLAND.
9. Goteborg, SWEDEN.
10. Chicago, USA.
11. Newcastle, AUSTRALIA.
12. Berlin, GERMANY.
13. Salt Lake City, USA.
14. Tokyo, JAPAN (first night).
15. Tel-Aviv, ISRAEL.

... for which no words could ever express the volcanic love and joy found and shared.
We felt much sadness for our audiences at both Jakarta and Singapore City who struggled with appalling venues - venues which, in fact, were not really venues at all ... just roped-off bits of waterlogged fields. In dismal circumstances our friends in both cities gave us their best, and we shall never forget them. We expect no further chances in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio ... nights destroyed by the ephemeral damagers ... who do their worst ... and slip away.

I can only stress my sincere thanks once again to YOU for giving the band, the crew and I a phenomenal year - scarred at the end, but drenched in beauty until then.

I will see you in extremely far-off places.

MORRISSEY
3 December 2016.

39462_20161203_131415.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how Sol could be replaced in autumn 2014 but to do the same for Gustavo in winter 2016 would simply be heresy!

Maybe a bassist can be replaced easier and as time has moved on and Moz has established a true good friendship with Gustavo and he is more important to him, musically as well as a friend it was not possible to replace him. Maybe Gustavo is more important anyway for him than we know.

Life goes on when you have a show cancelled because of poisoned penne, Morrissey getting sick , or losing a band member due to an alleged fist fight. But rescheduling dates when you know financing is sketchy at best takes it to a whole different level. In my estimation.
I wasn't talking about this instance; I meant in general. Also, I really believe Morrissey was hoping these shows would go on. It seems that many people feel that he's deliberately out to destroy them by being a troll and a pathological liar. So, if you feel that way, and since he's always been accused of cancelling shows on the spot because of poor ticket sales, then stop wasting your money and wait for him to play a little closer to home.

Sorry to read this news. My heart empties for those missing out. The Philadelphia performance was an effervescent night. I'll treasure it till I return to those extremely far-off places.

How long until 360 Management puts out a statement of their own that basically contradicts everything Morrissey has written?

Oh well. I'm stuck at 59 Morrissey shows. Doesn't seem as though I'll hit 60 anytime soon. Though Brooklyn 2016 was a great show so if that's the last one then so be it.

" you are clearly bored with it now, hence the lack of decent moderation/moderators "

I really don't think you can state that as a fact.
Have you ever checked Media on this site and the wiki-link?
You can count the numerous items and the work involved to get it done. Very precise and of much interest to any Moz-fans.

You seem to think that moderation has to be done in a way you want it to be. I can understand that but in a way moderation is done by you and me and everybody on this site. Meaning if there are vicious, mean and trolling posts you should confront them in the first place by calling out on them. And report it.

This site is for you and me and all of us Moz-fans and Moz-interested people and you do have influence on it.

I know for sure, as it happened not long ago, that those, members and anonymouses are being moderated and blocked and banned, if necessary.

Something borderline homophonic doesn't exists.
Just as something borderline heterophobic doesn't exist either.
Or anything else borderline.

DavidT, nor the moderators here are to be expected to be psychiatrists who have to analyze their patients and making judgements about medical treatment for them.
Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if they have, by now, more general insight in human behavior.

Wonderful response to, unfortunately, a valid post.

I guess it is getting tiresome for the rational and unbiased visitors to the site to have to wade through the dross that fills up the majority of threads. There are some incredible members of Solo who always post interesting, engaging and appropriate responses. There are also some mindless idiots. I guess that is just the way of things...

I've asked around and no one has heard of 360 Management. There is a Management 360 on Wilshire. I reckon this is a tossey innit.

6 venues in 12 days, max est 16K audience, traveling thousands of miles in winter conditions and everyone is already comfy at home. The issue I have is why bother rescheduling? Also, the cancellations made a lot of people upset and he ends his posting with "see you extremely far off place"? I cancelled the shows you were excited to see but now I want to get the hell away from you. I still think he is the bee's knees but he needs a bit of corrrecting. The people around him don't do it, he probably gives you the cold shoulder if you tried.
Cor blimey. That sentence saying "he needs a bit of correcting" gave my timbers a right good shiver, cos it's like the words from Brady to Jack in the toilets in The Shining:
Perhaps they need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches, and tried to burn it down. But I "corrected" them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I "corrected" her.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cor blimey. That sentence saying "he needs a bit of correcting" gave my timbers a right good shiver, cos it's like the words from Brady to Jack in the toilets in The Shining:
Perhaps they need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches, and tried to burn it down. But I "corrected" them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I "corrected" her.

maxresdefault.jpg

It was meant in a loving way. Leave it to take one word from a post and convert it to a horror movie reference.

Crikey.
Any fan that is foolish enough to transport themselves to a Morrissey gig that requires airfare and/or overnight lodging is a total and complete moron. Hard to feel sorry for fools.

Hate to agree......but please......just never do it again.
Say it with me, if he's not in my hometown, I'm not going.
easy peasy

Maybe a bassist can be replaced easier and as time has moved on and Moz has established a true good friendship with Gustavo and he is more important to him, musically as well as a friend it was not possible to replace him. Maybe Gustavo is more important anyway for him than we know.

Who else could possibly sing the end of 'Speedway'? Think of all the thousands of disappointed fans if they paid good money for a ticket and Gustavo didn't show. I'd be livid.

Many people don't know but his letters to his brother Theo are great and have an absolute literary value.
People tend to believe that if you have one talent you can't have another one or that it is of a lesser value.
And I really like you can read about him from his own viewpoint as he is the authority and first and most important source.
Especially with Van Gogh there are so many stories.
I think you would like his letters, and there are good translations.

I know you are a moody girl with humor. :p
Good combination. :thumb:
And I already guessed this Corneille was another than the painter and I didn't expect you to appreciate his paintings.

I think you would like much more the magic realistic painters from Holland, like Charley Tooroop, Carel Willink and my favorite Pyke Koch.
Dark, brooding, mysterious and dangerous.
Evil and sometimes horrifying.
Willink, technically the best painter but Pyke Koch with so much more dark fantasy and imagination.
I'll stop now with being very much off-topic, but I could tell you so much more.
Cheers Rifke!
well i looked up those three and regret to have to say that they didnt much win me over either. pyke koch is too dark for me. i like dark but only the kind that is grounded in reality with more physical immediacy, more psychological, like egon schiele. i dont like darkness when it has it's roots elsewhere and doesnt quite seem human. and yet there is something about his paintings that i like. charley toorop would be okay if his people didnt have such awful faces. and carel willink i didnt like at all.

yes, im interested in reading van goghs letters to his brother, perhaps the library has a book of them. they seemed like they had a special relationship. im amazed at how supportive theo was of vincent. i know that if i just one day announced out of nowhere that i wanted to be a painter and was devoting my life to that end even though the only things i had yet produced were some crummy sketches you can be sure that no one would be sending me 100 francs in the mail every month and trying to set me up with connections. in a way, van gogh had it made. that was one thing about his life that surprised me.

Wonderful response to, unfortunately, a valid post.

I guess it is getting tiresome for the rational and unbiased visitors to the site to have to wade through the dross that fills up the majority of threads. There are some incredible members of Solo who always post interesting, engaging and appropriate responses. There are also some mindless idiots. I guess that is just the way of things...

Thank you so much for your appreciation.
I really do understand the negative impact it has on genuine Moz-fans or even on those who are more critical.
But we should not let the bad and evil spirited ruin "our" site.
If it is of any worth to many people posting here and enjoying posting and communicating than it is worth fighting for.
I know everybody is different and there are people who can be hurt easily and don't want to get insulted or ridiculed. And than they stay away.
I just want them to stay and fight for their site too.
Thanks

well i looked up those three and regret to have to say that they didnt much win me over either. pyke koch is too dark for me. i like dark but only the kind that is grounded in reality with more physical immediacy, more psychological, like egon schiele. i dont like darkness when it has it's roots elsewhere and doesnt quite seem human. and yet there is something about his paintings that i like. charley toorop would be okay if his people didnt have such awful faces. and carel willink i didnt like at all.

yes, im interested in reading van goghs letters to his brother, perhaps the library has a book of them. they seemed like they had a special relationship. im amazed at how supportive theo was of vincent. i know that if i just one day announced out of nowhere that i wanted to be a painter and was devoting my life to that end even though the only things i had yet produced were some crummy sketches you can be sure that no one would be sending me 100 francs in the mail every month and trying to set me up with connections. in a way, van gogh had it made. that was one thing about his life that surprised me.

No regrets Rifke!
You have your own taste and appreciations and I just like that.
But at least we have a common appreciation of Egon Schiele.
He was such a great painter.
But if you like him and his very expressionistic style there are probably more that you like.
I still value Francis Bacon as the greatest post modern painter.
After Picasso. And Matisse, Gaugain and Van Gogh of course. And the French painter famous for his paintings of the mountain in France, forgot his name, damnit. Don't know if it was the Puy de Dòme.
I like David Hockney too.
You know there is a problem with just looking at all the paintings on the Internet. They don't give you the right impression as in contrast to when you really see them live.

Anyone remember when Moz booted Alain out of the band, and got a replacement session guitarist in Little Barry and was gigging again WITHIN SIX DAYS!?

I can only stress my sincere thanks once again to YOU for giving the band, the crew and I a phenomenal year - scarred at the end, but drenched in beauty until then.

I will see you in extremely far-off places.

Should be - "the crew and me"!

I reckon I went down to Willougby Avenue today with an entire crew of retired Mozbots looking for 360 management and they do not exist. I recon like I said, there is a Management 360 on Wilshire.

maxresdefault.jpg
Positively, one of my top 10 movies.

I'm very sorry for Morrissey, the band, the crew and the fans. Money and/or power rule the world. Undoubtely, we live in a new world and this is just a little hint of it. Winter is coming. Like Ken Follett's Winter of theWorld, the signs already are here.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom