TTY: THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - final six rescheduled US dates cancelled

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - true-to-you.net
3 December 2016

The band, the crew and I are heartbroken to hear that the final six shows of our triumphant tour will be 'pulled down'.
The shock and sadness that we all feel - for ourselves, and for our devoted friends in Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, has left us in unrecoverable despair.

The 28 shows played on this tour have been outstanding triumphs as yet another year strengthens and solidifies our positions around the world.

Since our Bergen date at the start of August, the finances for this tour have exclusively been controlled by 360 Management of Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood. Each date booked would make enough money to pay its way.
When Gustavo collapsed at the Boulder show, 360 Management responded with the announcement that all funds had suddenly evaporated. There was apparently not even enough money to transport the touring party to the next scheduled city, and 360 Management faded out as quickly as they had faded in.

Incontestably, the Morrissey Band is the best in the world. We have been repeatedly done over in recent years by slippery industry incompetents, yet we have always recovered our stride and bounced back like the sea - saving ourselves from those who wish us off the map. We are a disciplined ship and we succeed without any help from the music industry. We continue to live with the optical device of an industry where only scale and enormity of cash is seen as evidence of talent; where the public is thought ready to swallow anything as long as it is done with the punch of five million dollars. The results appear to be continually elaborate comic-strip dumbshows that do not even matter to those directly involved. The true artists must look after themselves whilst the artificially aroused are aided and assisted to the highest ranks without a shred of effort, and the result is ... a nest of horrors. And on it goes.

This year, the mobilized strength of our ragingly loyal audiences were most appreciated, by me, at:

1. Philadelphia, USA.
2. Brooklyn, USA.
3. Hong Kong, CHINA.
4. Adelaide, AUSTRALIA.
5. Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
6. Santa Barbara, USA.
7. Helsinki, FINLAND.
8. Manchester, ENGLAND.
9. Goteborg, SWEDEN.
10. Chicago, USA.
11. Newcastle, AUSTRALIA.
12. Berlin, GERMANY.
13. Salt Lake City, USA.
14. Tokyo, JAPAN (first night).
15. Tel-Aviv, ISRAEL.

... for which no words could ever express the volcanic love and joy found and shared.
We felt much sadness for our audiences at both Jakarta and Singapore City who struggled with appalling venues - venues which, in fact, were not really venues at all ... just roped-off bits of waterlogged fields. In dismal circumstances our friends in both cities gave us their best, and we shall never forget them. We expect no further chances in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio ... nights destroyed by the ephemeral damagers ... who do their worst ... and slip away.

I can only stress my sincere thanks once again to YOU for giving the band, the crew and I a phenomenal year - scarred at the end, but drenched in beauty until then.

I will see you in extremely far-off places.

MORRISSEY
3 December 2016.

39462_20161203_131415.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey should have went on in boulder with a man down. Go out there and explain the music will be different, but played the show anyways. I'm sure the fans would have taken that over cancelations. Hell go out there and play some stripped down versions of the songs, it wouldn't have hurt.

After flying out to Vegas this past January, *just* to see Morrissey for the first time, I was absolutely captivated, enthralled. I had tears in my eyes. An experience many of us here share, no doubt.

Imagine my elation at discovering that he was coming here, to Dallas!

Despite money being tight, I purchased a $399 ticket, not knowing if I would ever get the chance to see him again (and wishing to get a better seat this time).

I was gutted when Dallas was canceled, but tried to understand, given the situation with his keyboardist...perhaps, as my British friend stated, he truly cared about the man and wished to remain by his side, rather than proceed without him.

I did not expect the concert to be rescheduled...and shelled-out even MORE money to see him, for one of the best seats possible. Only for him to cancel...once again.

I feel that Morrissey, for all his talk of his appreciation of his fans... THIS truly shows us what we mean to him.

" you are clearly bored with it now, hence the lack of decent moderation/moderators "

I really don't think you can state that as a fact.
Have you ever checked Media on this site and the wiki-link?
You can count the numerous items and the work involved to get it done. Very precise and of much interest to any Moz-fans.

You seem to think that moderation has to be done in a way you want it to be. I can understand that but in a way moderation is done by you and me and everybody on this site. Meaning if there are vicious, mean and trolling posts you should confront them in the first place by calling out on them. And report it.

This site is for you and me and all of us Moz-fans and Moz-interested people and you do have influence on it.

I know for sure, as it happened not long ago, that those, members and anonymouses are being moderated and blocked and banned, if necessary.

Something borderline homophonic doesn't exists.
Just as something borderline heterophobic doesn't exist either.
Or anything else borderline.

DavidT, nor the moderators here are to be expected to be psychiatrists who have to analyze their patients and making judgements about medical treatment for them.
Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if they have, by now, more general insight in human behavior.

Dear QQQ, thank you for your considered response. Perhaps I should try and keep the faith...?

You are right to correct me and say that borderline homophobia does not exist. However, homophobia cloaked in witless humour exists in most of BtBB's turgid posts (and those of others) and yet it is given a platform on this site. Yes, calling them out is a valid response, but that then gives the morons who spout such drivel wider recognition...the only reason they write it in the first place. They want a response. They want to create agitation. That's all they have left.

It was meant in a loving way. Leave it to take one word from a post and convert it to a horror movie reference.
I was injecting humour into the thread. It wasn't an attack. Attacking an anonymous poster on this site is like wearing a blindfold and stabbing the air in your backgarden in the hope of hitting something. Fun for 3 seconds and then you get sore arms and pneumonia. And possibly cautioned by the police (if you live outside US), shot by police (if you live inside the US).

Dear QQQ, thank you for your considered response. Perhaps I should try and keep the faith...?

You are right to correct me and say that borderline homophobia does not exist. However, homophobia cloaked in witless humour exists in most of BtBB's turgid posts (and those of others) and yet it is given a platform on this site. Yes, calling them out is a valid response, but that then gives the morons who spout such drivel wider recognition...the only reason they write it in the first place. They want a response. They want to create agitation. That's all they have left.

I know what you mean and we have to deal with it, one way or the other. I just don't want you and others to give it all up and not visit the site anymore for the reasons you mentioned.

In that case you let the homophobics, the racists and all other mean-spirited win. And you and others deny yourself the possibilities to talk and communicate with other likeminded Moz-fans.
And you deny yourself the possibilities to get a great deal of information about anything concerning Moz and associated subjects.

Don't want to sound patronizing, but I would like to advice people to start develop a thicker skin, a more Teflon shielding one.
Maybe it is easy to say for me, but whenever people feel hurt they should remember there are other people as well, who are not insulting, not trolling and not trying to get you down.
Cheers

Thanks Morrissey. I have airline credits to use. I am going to Park City to ski <never have before> and drown my sorrows in chapagne. What is everyone else doing with there airline credits?

Life is a Pigsty, Day 4 -post cancelation

View attachment 40963 Someone a few pages back couldn't find it either, probably because it goes by "Three Six Zero Management":
http://www.threesixzero.com/#/

Google street view image (same logo above door)

Time for a change of name.
They just could leave the 36 or Three Six out now and call themselves 0 or Zero management. :)
Address: Somewhere on the internet.
That would be appealing for Moz, I reckon and he would hire them again for non-management.
And not paying them. :lbf:

Don't want to sound patronizing, but I would like to advice people to start develop a thicker skin, a more Teflon shielding one.
Agreed! What happened to the old adage, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." I never hear it mentioned anymore.

Agreed! What happened to the old adage, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." I never hear it mentioned anymore.

Nothing wrong with having feelings.

What about this American saying:

Don't say anything you wouldn't want published in the Wall Street Journal

Calling people twats is kind of low brow. It is offensive.

Tell people off like a Southerner, carries a bit more docorum.

His music has no market and he's not got enough fans to complete a tour. It is time to end his career and get fat on scones.

And the French painter famous for his paintings of the mountain in France, forgot his name, damnit.

(off-topic)
Dear QQQ, you might be thinking of Cézanne.If so, the name of the mountain is Ste Victoire.

A much less famous artist than Sam, so don't feel bad for not remembering... ;)
best,
(one of) the Mean ones. :rolleyes:

Tell people off like a Southerner, carries a bit more docorum.

:cool: ...You can call someone a twat and still know how to spell decorum, m'dear. I'm a living sign. But still, I'd love to tell people off like Rhett Butler, if anyone can teach me.

Bye now. I seem to be spoiling everybody's vodka and vodka and... dreams of victory.

(off-topic)
Dear QQQ, you might be thinking of Cézanne.If so, the name of the mountain is Ste Victoire.

A much less famous artist than Sam, so don't feel bad for not remembering... ;)
best,
(one of) the Mean ones. :rolleyes:

Oh, thank you so much!
I don't know anymore how many paintings Cezanne made of Ste Victoire. I saw a number of them and they are really very beautiful.
Of course, there is no match with Sam. :D
Let's just say they both had different motives, artistically speaking!
Cheers!

No regrets Rifke!
You have your own taste and appreciations and I just like that.
But at least we have a common appreciation of Egon Schiele.
He was such a great painter.
But if you like him and his very expressionistic style there are probably more that you like.
I still value Francis Bacon as the greatest post modern painter.
After Picasso. And Matisse, Gaugain and Van Gogh of course. And the French painter famous for his paintings of the mountain in France, forgot his name, damnit. Don't know if it was the Puy de Dòme.
I like David Hockney too.
You know there is a problem with just looking at all the paintings on the Internet. They don't give you the right impression as in contrast to when you really see them live.
yes, there are a lot of others that i like, i really enjoy the viennese secession artists and german expressionism. for others i do like gauguin, even though i dont generally like those painters of hot, sunny places, but with his paintings i find more balance, more calmness, like there's room in his painting to take a breath. i love his use of colours, his greens and reds. i had a skirt once whose print had the colours of a gauguin painting and i liked it for this reason. i really love vermeer, but watchng the documentary "tims vermeer" which shows the technique vermeer might very well have used to create his paintings, and seeing this tim guy recreate one using the same technique sort of ruined him for me. i really like edward hopper too, i love the isolation of the figures in his paintings and the airiness of the paintings and his use of space.
but ill be honest, when it comes to art, what really resonates with me is bunnies in coats. in fact, im alllllll about bunnies in coats. when i look at say, a van gogh, i dont know how it feels to be that peasant in that field, try though i might to imagine it. but i know exactly how it feels to be this bunny in this coat walking along this rain drenched street:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0n9IExEpm...Sa32_Rabbit_on_a_Rainy_Street_MichaelSowa.jpg

or on this train:
http://www.fresher.ru/manager_content/images2/lyubimyj-xudozhnik-ameli/20.jpg
(my sister bought me a print of this, it's hanging on my wall! <3)

or again walking along the street:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/8d/94/5f8d94623f9bfa755c90e1b7dcf41a3e.jpg
(this one, more than identifying with it, inspires in me the curious desire to rush over and scoop him up in my arms despite the fact that he would probably protest wildly, waving his arms about indignantly for me to put him down, because, after all, he is a very important bunny who obviously has serious business to attend to, and it's not very well his fault that he's so little and cute).

look at them all! just look!
http://32pages.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/berlinwall.jpg

now that's what i call art!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *thud*

yes, there are a lot of others that i like, i really enjoy the viennese secession artists and german expressionism. for others i do like gauguin, even though i dont generally like those painters of hot, sunny places, but with his paintings i find more balance, more calmness, like there's room in his painting to take a breath. i love his use of colours, his greens and reds. i had a skirt once whose print had the colours of a gauguin painting and i liked it for this reason. i really love vermeer, but watchng the documentary "tims vermeer" which shows the technique vermeer might very well have used to create his paintings, and seeing this tim guy recreate one using the same technique sort of ruined him for me. i really like edward hopper too, i love the isolation of the figures in his paintings and the airiness of the paintings and his use of space.
but ill be honest, when it comes to art, what really resonates with me is bunnies in coats. in fact, im alllllll about bunnies in coats. when i look at say, a van gogh, i dont know how it feels to be that peasant in that field, try though i might to imagine it. but i know exactly how it feels to be this bunny in this coat walking along this rain drenched street:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0n9IExEpm...Sa32_Rabbit_on_a_Rainy_Street_MichaelSowa.jpg

or on this train:
http://www.fresher.ru/manager_content/images2/lyubimyj-xudozhnik-ameli/20.jpg
(my sister bought me a print of this, it's hanging on my wall! <3)

or again walking along the street:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/8d/94/5f8d94623f9bfa755c90e1b7dcf41a3e.jpg
(this one, more than identifying with it, inspires in me the curious desire to rush over and scoop him up in my arms despite the fact that he would probably protest wildly, waving his arms about indignantly for me to put him down, because, after all, he is a very important bunny who obviously has serious business to attend to, and it's not very well his fault that he's so little and cute).

look at them all! just look!
http://32pages.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/berlinwall.jpg

now that's what i call art!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *thud*

Of course it is art!
Of a different nature, maybe less highbrow but still art, and interesting too. Is there a rule art cannot be funny or entertaining?

At first I had to laugh, but there is a kind of sadness in it too.
Suppose you would be the only bunny in the world trying to adept to a life in peoples society? I immediately identified with the bunny...

Fortunately, the last picture showed a bunch of them and it gave me that reassuring feeling, they at least are not alone and lonely.
So I guess I am just applying my inescapable human standards on them and see them as humans.
Which might be, more or less, the goal the artist wanted to achieve and in my case succeeded.
I think it is touching.
Cheers Rifke!

I believe that's 5 cancellations for Chicago in as many years. "The story is old, I know but it goes on."

All bands are forced to play Chicago for the Midwest money. Obviously Morrissey hates the city and I don't blame him.

:cool: ...You can call someone a twat and still know how to spell decorum, m'dear. I'm a living sign. But still, I'd love to tell people off like Rhett Butler, if anyone can teach me.

Bye now. I seem to be spoiling everybody's vodka and vodka and... dreams of victory.

You could watch this ten times:thumb: darlin'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom