TTY: Universal Music, London - refuses to re-issue "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"

Universal Music, London - true-to-you.net
19 November 2015

David Joseph at Universal Music in London has refused the request made by Morrissey and the band to re-issue 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' as a loving tribute to the lives lost in the Paris atrocities. David Joseph is instead arranging his own tribute to Paris utilizing his current crop of Universal artists.
The photograph below is Morrissey singing 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' to an audience of 12,000 in Chile last week.

morrissey_singing_i_m_throwing_my_arms_around_paris_.jpg

photograph taken by Trinity.

Last edited:
It is a shame. Too bad David Joseph is so stuck in a rut. You could always email [email protected] and let him know you support Morrissey song Throwing My Arms Around Paris!

Re: TTY: Universal Music, London - refuses to re-issue "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"

Look who's talking!

I'm not a famous person who looks hysterical on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah ! You tell 'em Crystal G ! 'Broadcasting' his 'failed business exchanges to the public' probably
accomplishes as much as people coming onto this and other threads to tell/advise M on his career and
what he should/shouldn't say,etc ! :lbf:

:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:

If there are some atrocities in Dagenham Morrissey might be able to re-issue Dagenham Dave.

If there are some atrocities in Dagenham Morrissey might be able to re-issue Dagenham Dave.

If there are some atrocities in Battersea Morrissey might be able to re-issue You're The One For Me Fatty.

If there are some atrocities in Sloane Square Morrissey might be able to re-issue Hairdresser on Fire.

If there are some atrocities in Piccadilly Morrissey might be able to re-issue Piccadilly Palare.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure what to make of this statement. Truly hoping my read of it being a cheap cash-in are all wrong.

But why the need to mention the 12,000 fans? Again. It all seems to support the overall Company Line over the past few months.

If you're not sure why assume it's a cash in? What kind of appreciation can you have the music of Morrissey and the Smiths if this is how your mind works?

Cease your insincere attempt at hope. You are wrong.

What kind of appreciation can you have the music of Morrissey and the Smiths if this is how your mind works?

What kind of appreciation can you have the music of Morrissey and the Smiths if your mind works? *fixed*

Half joking, but this crap does make it necessary to ignore certain things. I don't think the person you responded to was assuming anything. They were saying that there is a possibility this is an attempt at being relevant, and that they would regret coming to that conclusion. On the other hand I think it's really obvious. And if he'd had a fitting song to "reissue" at the time of the 2011 attacks in Norway that he compared to KFC, he probably wouldn't have made that statement. Or maybe he would have, since he is two people and all that. I mean, this week we've had the lions statement, the conspiracy videos, and "btw, I've got this song that has 'Paris' in the title."

A loving tribute to the stone and steel of Paris by a singer who openly professes to dislike people?
Nope, I really can't see what those crazy execs at Universal are thinking not re-issuing this single.

The purpose of a tribute in these circumstances is to give emotional support and try to comfort the survivors who have to live with the pain of losing their loved ones and fellow citizens. It's a shame it can't be done. The photo is beautiful

It's amazingly SAD how cynical people in this world are nowadays...one cannot do ANYTHING without the critics chiming in with their DISAPPROVAL.

It's amazingly SAD how cynical people in this world are nowadays...one cannot do anything without the critics chiming in with their DISAPPROVAL.

Bollocks - If he had said I want to re release this and donate the money to a human charity (not Peta) then that's great, but he hasn't, so it looks like its all about publicity.

f*** me, he certainly knows how to score own goals.

Edit - I'm actually a bit confused, just checked ITunes, Amazon etc and its available on all of the normal outlets?

So it simply is a publicity stunt

Last edited:
Bollocks - If he had said I want to re release this and donate the money to a human charity (not Peta) then that's great, but he hasn't, so it looks like its all about publicity.

f*** me, he certainly knows how to score own goals.

Edit - I'm actually a bit confused, just checked ITunes, Amazon etc and its available on all of the normal outlets?

So it simply is a publicity stunt

Exactly!

Why does he not issue a statement asking people to purchase the song online and that any artist profits will go to an relevant charity/organisation? That would put real pressure on the label to do the same with their earnings. I'm sure this would be picked up by the wider media/press.

Considering how obsessed he is with chart positions, maybe the promotional costs of a physical release would outweigh the money earned for a good cause.

A loving tribute to the stone and steel of Paris by a singer who openly professes to dislike people?
Nope, I really can't see what those crazy execs at Universal are thinking not re-issuing this single.

Maybe if they'd noticed the potential double meaning of "arms" in the title, then they'd have seen how topical the song is.

My bet is on Bono, Adele and so on doing Hallelujah, if that hasn't already been done for some other tragedy.

Probably because it sounds like it's being sung from the point of view of the terrorists who made themselves very plain then anhiliated the stoned fans at the steel METAL concert. :straightface: You're better than tragedy bandwagon attention, Morrissey.

You are not being serious eh?

Even if we take your point as a serious one and Morrissey does dislikes the humankind all this has nothing to do with the subject. Morrissey is always by the side of the victim even if sometimes he is the murderer. Look darling. Morrissey is an artist and the contribution of any of us should have to do with and through the art. But I forgot. In here is a kind of a morbid court of justice in which everybody knows the verdict from the very start. Death to Morrissey!

Last edited:
I think Universal have misinterpreted the use of the word ARMS in the title of the song. Such is the intellect behind these companies.

It is a tragedy that peace advocate Morrissey is unable to spread his message of sympathy for victims of violence. Universal Music should be bombed back to the Stone Age and David Joseph should be attacked by axe-wielding seals! Raaaaarrrh!

if there are some atrocities in dagenham morrissey might be able to re-issue dagenham dave.

If there are some atrocities in dagenham morrissey might be able to re-issue dagenham dave.

If there are some atrocities in battersea morrissey might be able to re-issue you're the one for me fatty.

If there are some atrocities in sloane square morrissey might be able to re-issue hairdresser on fire.

If there are some atrocities in piccadilly morrissey might be able to re-issue piccadilly palare.

And if there are some atrocities in morrissey-solo then he will reform the smiths and he will cover 'the edge of heaven" by wham! without any complain

Morrissey is always by the side of the victim

"We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day." Morrissey

It's so funny how the statements have to name and shame the individuals and companies that dare disagree with his Mojesty.
He could always put on a free benefit gig in Paris if he now feels the need to show compassion to humans. I'm sure all his many friends in the music business would be only to happy to help him out. They could all form a supergroup and end of the gig and belt out a heart beating rendition of I'm throwing /Paris and drown out Jesse in the process.

Sadly "CrankFraud-aid" doesn't really do it for me !

I'm throwing my arms around Boney-oh it's more his bag I reckon.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom