TTY: Universal Music, London - refuses to re-issue "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"

Universal Music, London - true-to-you.net
19 November 2015

David Joseph at Universal Music in London has refused the request made by Morrissey and the band to re-issue 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' as a loving tribute to the lives lost in the Paris atrocities. David Joseph is instead arranging his own tribute to Paris utilizing his current crop of Universal artists.
The photograph below is Morrissey singing 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' to an audience of 12,000 in Chile last week.

morrissey_singing_i_m_throwing_my_arms_around_paris_.jpg

photograph taken by Trinity.

Last edited:
To all the whining bitches posting on this site (which is supposed to be a site for Morrissey fans by the way) and can't even pause for a second to display something else than venom at this tragic time: Why don't you just f*** off and visit another site! This forum has become a joke! Sad people!!

Explain to me which part of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, with the context of recent events, could sound like Morrissey is singing from a terrorists point of view.
Honestly try to explain.

The terrorists who blew themselves up threw their arms around Paris. And their legs, and their intestines, and their everything.

Re: TTY: Universal Music, London - refuses to re-issue "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"

The terrorists who blew themselves up threw their arms around Paris. And their legs, and their intestines, and their everything.

Is that seriously the level of mental gymnastics at work here??
Because at that level of logic Your Arsenal is a terrorist sympathising album because.... Uh.... Guns = arsenal.

You lot should get a grip, context and meaning doesn't change retroactively.

- - - Updated - - -

She is utterly mad. Horrible woman

Who is she?

In any case, it's an awful song.

She is utterly mad. Horrible woman

Correct. Utterly vile woman. A parasite of the worst kind. I'm still completely astonished after her behaviour in Belfast.
Never clapped eyes on her prior to 2011: love to know where she obtains her funds from.

In the absence of publicity
And in the absence of a record deal
I have decided I'm throwing my weight behind !
Behind Paris because ! It's always on SKY and I could do with some of that.

In the absence of Harvest studio space
I have to trawl and travel all over the place
And I have decided, I'm throwing my arms around
Around Paris because only a cult few accept my love

I'm throwing my arms around Paris because
Nobody wants a CrankFruad
Nobody wants my Crank songs
Nobody wants a CrankFruad
Nobody wants my Crank songs

Benny has made himself plain
Benny has made it all very plain !

Ladies and Gentlemen thankyou very much you've been great my name is Benny goodnight !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Correct. Utterly vile woman. A parasite of the worst kind. I'm still completely astonished after her behaviour in Belfast.
Never clapped eyes on her prior to 2011: love to know where she obtains her funds from.

I've met Trinity few times. She was always so kind and lovely to me. I really liked her. Also other people I know have a good imression of her. Honestly, only bad things about her I heard (read) on this SoLow site. Guess it's a fate when you get to be on Moz's guest list...

What did happen in Belfast? I'm not saying she is a nice person, I don't know her, but on the few times I've seen her she looks as quiet as a mouse

hmmm....

no one should really doubt that moz has had a strong relationship with france and certain parts of the culture. why should he not be touched by events there. I am not that keen on the La Marseillaise being played before all premiership games (even arsene says its interesting to consider the French singing god save the queen) but folks seem to be going with that. would be good if someone somewhere just said let it go as a free download for the week or so, its a nice song that folks could embrace = people seem to be looking for something.

I find it difficult not to think its a topsy turvy world and we are all born the same (Jock Tamsons bairns) so really don't understand how Aleppo for example is not the same as Paris, city is city and people are people. However Paris does seem to have a place in the collective consciousness of much of the world so people maybe relate to that.

hmmm....

no one should really doubt that moz has had a strong relationship with france and certain parts of the culture. why should he not be touched by events there. I am not that keen on the La Marseillaise being played before all premiership games (even arsene says its interesting to consider the French singing god save the queen) but folks seem to be going with that. would be good if someone somewhere just said let it go as a free download for the week or so, its a nice song that folks could embrace = people seem to be looking for something.

I find it difficult not to think its a topsy turvy world and we are all born the same (Jock Tamsons bairns) so really don't understand how Aleppo for example is not the same as Paris, city is city and people are people. However Paris does seem to have a place in the collective consciousness of much of the world so people maybe relate to that.

aleppo the same as paris? are you crazy? who gives two shits about aleppo.

TMAAP is a great song, it would be nice to see it re released. I am just glad to see hasn't given up on releasing music. I still believe he will release another album. I would love to hear one of the new songs.

ANIMALS LIVES and HUMAN ANIMAL LIVES are ONE AND THE SAME.

So in that regards.. he could be said to 'be by the side of the victim'

And as with that quote and others... I believe he/one has to say things in a extreme way in order for those subjects (he/one feels strongly about) to get the attention it/they(the subject) need. And it does. :straightface:

NO. They aren't. No chicken will grow up to cure cancer, or benefit the world. No pig will make an album for you to enjoy, no cows penning novels that provoke the sensibilities. This is a ridiculous quote, and one of the most idiotically insensitive things Morrissey has ever said.

To all the whining bitches posting on this site (which is supposed to be a site for Morrissey fans by the way) and can't even pause for a second to display something else than venom at this tragic time: Why don't you just f*** off and visit another site! This forum has become a joke! Sad people!!

You can be a fan of his music but still think he is a shit as a person.

I will believe that his heart is in the right place. There are easier ways he could get a record deal and publicity but it was the first thing I thought of.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom