TTY: Universal Music, the approach made to David Joseph, since denied by David Joseph

I've read it over and over and I don't see a denial. Just plans for the future and the fact they aren't releasing any songs by any artist concerning Paris. All John is saying is that he thinks it's a good idea, but he needs to know where the proceeds will go and he needs to hear from Morrissey and not Boz.

It's not a denial.

Kristeen Young is recording a new album, she sold, maybe 1000 cds? Morrissey probably has deals but he wants them to probably give too much in advance. Morrissey, I ran the numbers, he made a small fortune this year. He can afford to use his own money for recordng

f*** Kristeen Young. If you have to pay to play, you ain't doing anything worth hearing. We all know he can afford to do that, but THAT isn't the point. KY can continue making and releasing albums and they will continue to be ignored. Ridiculous. Bless her heart, but that's just silly. What do they say about the definition of insanity, doing things over and over and expecting different results? That's KY.

I can't hardly keep track of all the idiotic things Morrissey is saying and doing nowadays. It's worth an own book by now, can't someone write it all down?

moz has 0 record offers nor will he be receiving any anytime soon. kristeen at least put something out moz is but an old yenta kvetching all the time.

I can't hardly keep track of all the idiotic things Morrissey is saying and doing nowadays. It's worth an own book by now, can't someone write it all down?

Maybe you could...if there were anything to write down AND if you could actually write.

moz has 0 record offers nor will he be receiving any anytime soon. kristeen at least put something out moz is but an old yenta kvetching all the time.

Do you have any proof of this? Of course not. Yes, Kristeen sold -3 albums. Now shut the f*** up Tony.

The letter from the Morrissey camp is a notch crasser than expected (chart positions at a time like this?) while the Universal response -- despite an unavoidable whiff of corporate-speak -- is not unreasonable. Appropriate sleeve artwork and a new rendition of the track could've been efficiently put together and released by a third party in a timely manner. Lost opportunity.

The Moz bashing on here has been off the hook for years, but in this case I have to concede that his old skool ways got the better of him.

I've read it over and over and I don't see a denial. Just plans for the future and the fact they aren't releasing any songs by any artist concerning Paris. All John is saying is that he thinks it's a good idea, but he needs to know where the proceeds will go and he needs to hear from Morrissey and not Boz.

It's not a denial.

I see no denial as well. Why not accept the license for charitable release? Tie the release to an appropriate cause or offer the track for free download. nothing about this event should be related to profit or charts.

The positive exposure for gifting the track would be enough I would think for the most vain among? Then all the attention would be positive both for victims and those supporting the victims.

f*** Kristeen Young. If you have to pay to play, you ain't doing anything worth hearing. We all know he can afford to do that, but THAT isn't the point. KY can continue making and releasing albums and they will continue to be ignored. Ridiculous. Bless her heart, but that's just silly. What do they say about the definition of insanity, doing things over and over and expecting different results? That's KY.

Last edited:
First of all, I'm right here, my love. Second, there's no such thing as ghosts.

I am not stricken. This is nothing new. Ridiculous responses? I'm hurt. Spam tactic? "Spac Tactic" is your middle name! Do you really think Boz cares about what YOU think of him? You do seem spurned though, Brummie, they say any type of emotion or passion conjured up, whether love or hate, equates to adoration. Little girls realize this when they are young when the little boys pick on them, you should know this. That's why bad reviews are actually good reviews, if you must know. Why would you put so much energy into your posts if......you really didn't care. Are you really in a mental institution and have gobs of time on your hands? No, I doubt it, you care. You do. You know that you do. Morrissey is untouchable and uncrushable since the day he broke on to the scene. Not to be cheap, but I sense jealousy from you. It really seems to be there. You've tried to walk away from the website several times but you always return. Morrissey is a troll? You're a troll, so am I, so are ALL the interesting people. Have you ever seen Sinead O'Connor's Facebook page? Jesus Christ, is that entertaining. Hmmm, maybe you're Sinead? Nahhh...couldn't be. Souixsie Souix? I don't think so. I sense you're a woman, perhaps that journalist, Julie What's-her-name that M trashes in Autobiography? (Which by the way, the book was a goddamned HIT. Does that bother you?) That is who you probably are. You try to hide it, but it's there. Who YOU are is a big mystery to me, maybe some people know here? You could be Morrissey himself, rather, the second person referenced in the song, "I Am Two People". Wouldn't that be interesting? My amateur psychological analysis of you is that of a disaffected Morrissey-camp person. Now, that could be someone who was actually on the inside and was fired or (and this is my best guess), because you write so well, a journalist who Morrissey has left his cat scratches on. POSSIBLY, an ex-lover, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I don't think Morrissey wants (or needs) anyone to defend him as a great artist does not need to make any excuses for what he does. He will not be "owned" by you or anyone else here or otherwise, much as you people try. His fan base won't be highjacked by you, the administrator or anyone else. Say what you like Brummie, Morrissey is the best and deep down in places that no one talks about, you know it too. Come out of the dark, come out of the closet and see yourself, be yourself, the Morrissey lover that you are.

And now, I'm bored and tired of writing, so I'll say good day to you, sir.

P.S.

Don't go thatta way...

tumblr_musdmpZ5Lz1spo3yuo1_500.gif

With Love,
Poet The Ghostbuster

- - - Updated - - -

God, this is fabulous. He still is! :)

This is hilarious. An absolute classic. It's impossible for you to even entertain the idea that any response to Morrissey could come from a calm, rational examination of his claims to artistic innovation and excellence. Can you please adapt the 'follow me' GIF so that it features Morrissey?

best
BB

Morrissey and all of his clan should be f***ing ashamed of themselves.

Does anyone have the leaked email about "the youngest was the most loved"? I don't think I've ever read that.

Does anyone have the leaked email about "the youngest was the most loved"? I don't think I've ever read that.

Below:

Reply-To:
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 06:57:56 -0400
To: Merck Mercuriadis

hello Merck
I'm printing this on Eddie's pc - mine's still a mess.
Hope you are well.

1/I'm satisfied with the Daily Mail reply - given their nature I think it's a success, and I wasn't looking for an Apology, but a Correction.
2/The situation with "the Youngest" is grave and somewhat deadly. It has set a new low for all of our spirits. The single was launched and then received by the media like a release from a complete nobody. I am less than nothing. This is appalling given the combined efforts of:
A-30 date sell-out UK tour, B-on the heels of a #1 album, C-powerful B-side package, D-great video, E-great sleeve artwork, F-Jonathan Ross and Jools Holland shows, G-enormous tabloid coverage of my animal rights comments, H-week of NME Smiths cover (my face foremost) ;
but the welcome is censorian. It is a flop.
As far as airplay is concerned, it was classically ignored. Also, no national airplay throughout 30-date tour, and no airplay for the #1 album. CJ and Tony are absolute rubbish. The excuse of the football songs is the same as the excuse for You Have Killed Me and Irish Blood - all halted by gimmick releases, yet no one is affected except me - Keane storm on, etc.
By common consent, Sanctuary has stalled and have no muscle. This is what I am told and this is what I see. Jennifer says The Youngest suffered because "certain people would not spend digital dosh"; Jennifer put the single back one week and then left the country for that week of release. I ask Toby H three times for a list of possible Euro TV shows and, two months down the line, still no list. Ringleader zooms from #1 becoming the fastest fall from the top 100 in pop history.
In truth, the Youngest is an unavoidable #1 single - as was You Have Killed Me. By my very presence alone (music apart), my time is Now. The band are flying high. Where the BBC and radio 1 and the press are concerned, Jennifer and CJ are afraid to even whisper.
I understand that your instinct is to flee from the scene of the carnage and move on quickly. but "the Youngest" is a dream of a gift for any label, and if you can't make this fly then I can't see how you can do it with anything else.
The disaster of "the Youngest" is Sanctuary's 2nd major failure - the first being releasing Quarry on day 2 of a 7 days sales week, thus no #1 position.
Meanwhile, Jed continues to have the time of his life - at my expense - but also, at yours.
Merck, the fate of "the Youngest" is appalling. Sanctuary have blown the whistle on themselves and there is no excuse.

MORRISSEY.

E. Mendoza
Security Director, Morrissey
+1 310 497 5498 Blackberry
+44 (0) 792 023 8631 UK Mobile
+1 801 439 6359 efax
[email protected]
Anonymous -- Tuesday June 27 2006, @12:28AM (#226455)

And the link to where his lawyers threatened this site for publishing the leaked e-mail:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/06/22/0746214

Thanks for posting that again! Great to read this almost 10 years down the line.
And Moz was certainly right as far as You Have Killed Me is concerned. That was his last chance of a UK number 1, before the whole chart thing blew up with the disappearance of the physical releases.
However, to expect a second single to better a first is somewhat naive. It has never happened in Morrissey's career, and The Youngest is a good song, but no First of the Gang.

"...NME Smiths cover (my face foremost)"

I had forgotten that little gem. Thanks for the laugh. I mean, what else can you do but laugh when things reach that level, right? :)

Below:

Reply-To:

hello Merck
Hope you are well.

1/I'm satisfied with the Daily Mail reply - given their nature I think it's a success, and I wasn't looking for an Apology, but a Correction.
2/The situation with "the Youngest" is grave and somewhat deadly. It has set a new low for all of our spirits. The single was launched and then received by the media like a release from a complete nobody. I am less than nothing. This is appalling given the combined efforts of:
A-30 date sell-out UK tour, B-on the heels of a #1 album, C-powerful B-side package, D-great video, E-great sleeve artwork, F-Jonathan Ross and Jools Holland shows, G-enormous tabloid coverage of my animal rights comments, H-week of NME Smiths cover (my face foremost) ;
As far as airplay is concerned, it was classically ignored. Also, no national airplay throughout 30-date tour, and no airplay for the #1 album. CJ and Tony are absolute rubbish. The excuse of the football songs is the same as the excuse for You Have Killed Me and Irish Blood - all halted by gimmick releases, yet no one is affected except me - Keane storm on, etc.
By common consent, Sanctuary has stalled and have no muscle. This is what I am told and this is what I see. Jennifer says The Youngest suffered because "certain people would not spend digital dosh"; Jennifer put the single back one week and then left the country for that week of release. I ask Toby H three times for a list of possible Euro TV shows and, two months down the line, still no list. Ringleader zooms from #1 becoming the fastest fall from the top 100 in pop history.
In truth, the Youngest is an unavoidable #1 single - as was You Have Killed Me. By my very presence alone (music apart), my time is Now. The band are flying high. Where the BBC and radio 1 and the press are concerned, Jennifer and CJ are afraid to even whisper.
I understand that your instinct is to flee from the scene of the carnage and move on quickly. but "the Youngest" is a dream of a gift for any label, and if you can't make this fly then I can't see how you can do it with anything else.
The disaster of "the Youngest" is Sanctuary's 2nd major failure - the first being releasing Quarry on day 2 of a 7 days sales week, thus no #1 position.
Meanwhile, Jed continues to have the time of his life - at my expense - but also, at yours.
Merck, the fate of "the Youngest" is appalling. Sanctuary have blown the whistle on themselves and there is no excuse.

MORRISSEY.

E. Mendoza
+1 801 439 6359 efax
[email protected]

And the link to where his lawyers threatened this site for publishing the leaked e-mail:

Not seen this before, and all I can say is wow.
No wonder he decided to have it removed, the question is why was it leaked in the first instance and by whom.

No wonder he decided to have it removed, the question is why was it leaked in the first instance and by whom.

Compared to what's just happened though, it's just an email you can easily imagine Morrissey writing. I like that he seems confused between printing and sending.

It is available but I don't want to cause this site problems by giving a link. I found it by going to the original thread and googling phrases quoted from the email before it was removed. This is the original thread. http://www.morrissey-solo.com/comme...mentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=225255#commentwrap

My recollection (though it's only that, the original post was removed) is that it arrived out of the blue, prefixed by the comment "Morrissey is not happy".

ringleade zoomed down from no 1 faster than any other song in pop history. LOL

who is jed and why is he living large in 5 star hotels at moz expense?

Below:

Reply-To:

hello Merck
Hope you are well.

MORRISSEY.

E. Mendoza
+1 801 439 6359 efax
[email protected]

omfg i've never read this before. Hate to say it, but moz is kinda a shitty person :straightface:

- - - Updated - - -

"...NME Smiths cover (my face foremost)"

I had forgotten that little gem. Thanks for the laugh. I mean, what else can you do but laugh when things reach that level, right? :)

lol he has some serious issues

Back
Top Bottom